• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who Has The Best Chicken Nuggets According To.....Business Insider

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that we live in an age where reviews are available so that I, as a consumer, can make an informed decision to put only the highest-quality garbage food products into my body. The grocery store near my house sells an entire roast chicken for $5, but fuck that, I want slightly fewer than 10 processed, previously-frozen hunks of "probably mostly chicken parts" in tasteless breading with enough salt to keep Maine's roads clear in the winter. The future is now.

I might just be jaded because there are no Chick-Fil-As in my state.

McDonalds Chicken Nuggets are a bizzare peice of food science. Depending on the batch, they've ranked as both some of the best and worst bites of food I've ever experienced. When one is fresh from the fryer, and you hit a perfectly crisp & succulent morsel - it is outstanding. Meaty pleasure distilled into the purest form.

But get one that is a little out of date, a little cold, or just otherwise... off - it's like eating soap. Tough, dry, and miserable.

Burger King's Chicken Nuggets & Wendy's nuggets are similarly forgettable for me. Not good. Not bad. I'd have a hard time even picking them out of a lineup. But Burger King's original Chicken Fries are a top-tier fast food item. Uniquely spiced, convenient, and elegantly crafted. Ignore all the bullshit flavor varients - OG chicken fries are wonderful. Also consistent, a mark I can't give McD.

Never had CFA, but if they do the same pickle brine bullshit with their nuggets as their sandwhich meat, they can go to hell.

Machine

Does McDonald's still have the hot mustard dipping sauce for McNuggets? If so, they win by default because no other dipping sauce will ever come close.

Jarate

Banned
who doesnt get the spicy nuggets from Wendy's?

Also, Chick Fil-a is a lot more expensive then the other options. It's like comparing five guys to a cheap mcdouble

Tigress

Chick Fil A honestly makes the only chicken nugget I've had that doesn't feel like it's some chicken like substance for the chicken. It's the only one that feels like they cut off a piece of chicken and breaded it (like it's just chicken with breading, not something that maybe has chicken with breading).

None other I've had come close (though to be fair it's McD's and random microwave ones but I tend to assume most other fast food is like McD's when it comes to chicken nuggets).

Honestly, in general unless they are chick fil a nuggets I tend to find them gross. Or edible at best (I say that for the 1.00 chicken nugget microwave meal I get mosty cause I can cook it quick to eat at break at my work and it's cheap).

AGITΩ

The new BK nuggets are so good. Tried them since theyve been doing the whole 10 piece for 1.49. Its right under wendys as my favorite.

Mark L

Yeah, gotta back CFA here. And they actually have healthy options for the kids too, if you want 'em.

I guess I'm heading to Business Insider for all my fast food reviews now.

I've never had the grilled nuggets so I'll have to try them, but the regular ones are the goat fast food nuggets without a doubt.

These days I even prefer the BK ones over Mcdonalds.

I was visiting a CFA for lunch with my friend this past February and I was given a free coupon to try the grilled nuggets. Redeemed it after eating my chicken sandwich and split the nuggets with my friend (it's either an 8 or 12 piece option) and we both really liked them. I found myself getting a side of them the next few times I've gone to CFA since then.

They're a nice option when you want some extra protein (though the marinade can be a bit too salty at times).

Vengrim

I was worried for a moment by their description of the McDonald's nuggets. Either way, I don't see how CFA nuggets are even in the same league as the rest. CFA nuggets are real chicken. The rest are processed and lose by default.

I just had McNuggets yesterday after not having for probably 5 years. They had no taste and relied solely on the honey mustard dipping sauces for flavor. The sauce packets seems smaller too.

Chick Fil A has always had the best what I would call "real" chicken. Like it tastes like real chicken. It's always been juicy and I don't think I've had bad food from there.

McD has the best "craving" nuggets. Like if you want some nuggets you get McD.

CFA is a bit pricey though but you get what you pay for.

BK nuggets are shit. They were bad when they were crowns, they're shit as regular nuggets. chicky fries are different and still not great but comforting cafeteria tier

Wendy's got spicy nuggets so that gets them some bonus points

Mcnuggies are the shit and I appreciate a batch of em.

But yeah chikfila nuggets are the best. I get the spicy sandwich and an 8 count.

Mcdonalds I think comes out ahead though because nuggies and fries are a better combo than cfa shit ass mushy waffle fries, even if cfa has way better chicken

Only fast food chicken that's gonna give Chikfila competition is Raising Canes, and that's because Canes Sauce is bar none the best ever. Makes CFA sauce seem bland.

daveo42

Banned
I agree. No way to beat Chick fil-A. Wendy's is okay and McD's is garbage tier. No clue about Burger King. I tend to avoid that place.

kunonabi

I'm not a huge of any of them to be honest. The Spicy nuggets from Wendy's are ok, burger kings are awful, chick-fil-a is the best quality but too greasy for on the go nuggets, and the latest recipe change for the mcnuggets is kind of bad.

Of course if we're looking at all time the answer is the old popeye's nuggets with the dark meat before they axed them in favor of the tenders.

DOWN

Banned
I think they're top two are good and interchangeable

Their losers are bad and it legit pisses me off when people order from them. I'm convinced people who order those haven't had frozen nuggets from the grocery store before because they tast just like those from BK and Wendy's

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Have to agree with BI.

Their chicken period cant be beat. Fried, crispy chicken thats as soft as grilled? I dont know how they do it, must be magic.

Bladenic

Wendy's spicy are amazing. Chik fil A are the best but if they ever did spicy nuggets, it would truly be game over.

Euron

...doesn't BK run a 10 for 1.50 special?

And $5 for 10 mcnuggets? McDonalds doing 20 for $5 isn't even a "special". That's just the regular ass price.
You would think a place called Business Insider would be teaching its readers to be more financially-savvy

Anyway, this shouldn't even be up for debate. Chick Fil-A is in a whole different league than any of those three when it comes to any chicken. I only say chicken because Wendy's has some great cheeseburger options.

Tigress

Pacific northwest. So no

One day. One day

Hey, they're spreading here. We actually have one near us in Lynnwood, WA and before that one opened there was one in Bellevue I think (or maybe farther from us). Plus the one that has been in Burlington since before we moved up here (but that was a college campus).

So, Pacific Northwest has them... just in very specific places. And they're pretty busy (took a month or two before it was worth bothering going to the Lynnwood one after it opened cause it got crazy lines for the first month or two) so I would bet they spread out.

Scarphace

I agree with cfa. Mcdonalds nuggets were trash to me but I havent had them in years now, I wonder if they got any better.

Natiko

Banned
CFA >> Wendy's >>>>>>>> McD > BK

I've ate a ton of them all. This is the factual tier list. Nice try though.

dbztrk

I've never had Chick-Fil-A before. One day though...

Currently, I prefer Wendy's nuggets followed by McDonald's and then Burger King. I find Burger King's nuggets to be so disgusting that they are inedible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom