• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicken Nugget Ranking

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS - Burger King
90% Bread, 10% Chicken
These are the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Even their sauces can't make up for the taste. If you absolutely must get fried chicken from Burger King, get the stupid ass chicken fingers.

ONLY GOOD IF YOU ARE DRUNK - McDonalds
75% Bread, 25% Chicken
In the past perhaps these would've been higher. Now tho? Naw. If you're drunk, get a 20 piece and buffalo sauce by all means.

GOOD FOR LUNCH - Wendys
50% Bread, 50% Chicken
Tasty, affordable, and a modest portion size (which more American food needs tbh). Only downside is they have Siracha sauce instead of Buffalo.

THE UNDISPUTED KING - Chik Fil A
35% Bread, 65% Chicken
Goddamn these are good. Treasure them as you would a friend.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS - Burger King
90% Bread, 10% Chicken
These are the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Even their sauces can't make up for the taste. If you absolutely must get fried chicken from Burger King, get the stupid ass chicken fingers.

75% Bread, 25% Chicken
In the past perhaps these would've been higher. Now tho? Naw. If you're drunk, get a 20 piece and buffalo sauce by all means.

GOOD FOR LUNCH - Wendys
50% Bread, 50% Chicken
Tasty, affordable, and a modest portion size (which more American food needs tbh). Only downside is they have Siracha sauce instead of Buffalo.

THE UNDISPUTED KING - Chik Fil A
35% Bread, 65% Chicken
Goddamn these are good. Treasure them as you would a friend.

I can't argue with this.

Wendy's nuggets are definitely good, especially with their ranch.

BK's are garbo and I typically always am given them ice cold/stale for some reason.

CFA so good, baby. Suh gooooood

Almost nothing at BK tastes like food anymore. Their nuggets used to be more like tenders, and they were decent then. Now they are just pounded-flat premasticated chicken "patties". Disgusting.

McDonalds. . .eh, the inside looks awful, but the breading (more like battering) has a good crunch.

Wendy's has an almost panko-like breading on theirs, and the meat is of higher quality than McDs.

Chick-fil-a is on a whole other levels from the others - actual nuggets of meat, and the breading is seasoned and tasty.

Almost nothing at BK tastes like food anymore. Their nuggets used to be more like tenders, and they were decent then. Now they are just pounded-flat premasticated chicken "patties". Disgusting.

McDonalds. . .eh, the inside looks awful, but the breading (more like battering) has a good crunch.

Wendy's has an almost panko-like breading on theirs, and the meat is of higher quality than McDs.

Chick-fil-a is on a whole other levels from the others - actual nuggets of meat, and the breading is seasoned and tasty.

That's true about BK, though their recent chicken sandwiches have been pretty good, the Chicken Parm was pretty decent IMO, but yeah I have pretty much always left there disappointed over the last few years, pretty much stopped going.

Mista

Banned
I don’t know where you lot are located but where I’m from, McDonalds does the best nuggets out of all the fast food chains

That's true about BK, though their recent chicken sandwiches have been pretty good, the Chicken Parm was pretty decent IMO, but yeah I have pretty much always left there disappointed over the last few years, pretty much stopped going.

The original Tendercrisp (chicken) sandwich was amazing - I think it was better than Chick-fil-a's sandwich, which I was never that fond of versus their nuggets. They had a Parm version, and one with cheese and bacon. Good crunchy breading, actual chicken, and a corn dusting on the bun.

The new chicken sandwich is nothing like that, unfortunately.

brap

Banned
I don’t know where you lot are located but where I’m from, McDonalds does the best nuggets out of all the fast food chains
Mcdonalds has decent nuggets. Their chicken strips are really good though. Chick fil a is overrated as fuck. Boring ass chicken.

Last edited:
I agree with that list. Some days I'm in the mood for McDonald's and would put it above Wendy's. But not very often.

If we toss Lee's double dippers in the mix, they're number one.

If we do that, we got to add Popeyes. Which then becomes number one and Lee's number two.

Unfortunately we don’t have Chick fil a over here

I didn't believe the hype. Then I tried them. Not only is the food delicious, but the service is the fucking best. I want to leave a tip Everytime I go.

Last edited:
I agree with that list. Some days I'm in the mood for McDonald's and would put it above Wendy's. But not very often.

If we toss Lee's double dippers in the mix, they're number one.

If we do that, we got to add Popeyes. Which then becomes number one and Lee's number two.

I didn't believe the hype. Then I tried them. Not only is the food delicious, but the service is the fucking best. I want to leave a tip Everytime I go.

Never heard of Lee's

cryptoadam

Banned
I think McD nuggets is 50% the BBQ sauce, but the breading is good.

BK/Wendy's aren't as good and don't have chik-fil-a.

Frozen grocery stores brands are below fast food joints.

Prefer chicken strips in the end. I tend to like Scores chicken strips.

Never heard of Lee's

Looks like its mostly an East coast thing. They're good. I like it more than kfc and churches Chicken. Popeyes is my favorite. I have friend that prefers Lee's though, so it is close. It's nothing I'd travel for though.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
my grandfather was friends with truett cathy in the army during world war 2

they stayed friends all their lives, we used to get endless boxes of chicken and waffle fries delivered to our house

we went to church together often, the times were good
i was put into a military psyche ops program because of him, advanced treatment for children with autism (high functioning) at a time when nobody knew what it was

he sent me a signed copy of richard feynman's lecture series on physics before he died, was basically my second grandfather

i miss him, all the lgbt weirdos that hate on chic-fil-a because the owner stood for something can go fuck themselves

Last edited:

kunonabi

I dont eat BK but my mom wanted to try the spicy ones and while they tasted ok, for BK anyway, the smell was just nauseating. McDonald's are certainly sad after all the downgrades but that Hot Mustard makes them alright. Wendy's spicy nuggets are great for sure. Chick fil a is too greasy for me personally.

Nothing will ever top the original nuggets from popeye's before they replaced them with tenders though.

HUELEN10

Krystal has some surprisingly good nuggets. You wouldn’t expect it, but they are legit tasty and cheap.

Chik-Fil-A’s nuggets made me nauseous the last time I had them, but they’re usually spot on. I really like Wendy’s chicken nuggets, though. They are probably my favorite, especially with the BBQ sauce. I liked McDonald’s nuggets when I was a kid, but they are absolute trash food nowadays and their BBQ sucks. I enjoyed the Chipotle BBQ they used to have, but they got rid of it. Fuck them.

kiiltz

I guess it depends where you're from but what seems to be unanimous is that BK's nuggets suck.

My top 3 are
3. McDonald's nuggets
2. KFC nuggets
1. McDonald's nuggets when they're fresh.

75% Bread, 25% Chicken

From the band who brought you "Superman" from the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games. Same album, too.

Never had Wendy's nuggets. Now I want to try them.

C4lukin2

Banned
1. McDonalds
2. Wendy’s
3. Chick Fil A
4. Burger King

There are better nuggets out there, but as far as the massive fast food chains, that’s is how I would rank them.

Whataburger has the best chicken strips though if you only consider burger chains.

kiiltz

KFC has nuggets? Are we talking the popcorn chicken?
1uvZgMO.jpg

Fresh McNuggets straight out of the fryer are the best. There’s something about that tempura style coating.
Yes, and it's a real shame because a lot of people where I am don't know how much of a significant difference there is between regular McNuggets and fresh ones. My friend took one step closer to enlightenment when I told them to order fresh McNuggets.

Now whenever I order them I just tell them I'm pregnant.

1uvZgMO.jpg

Yes, and it's a real shame because a lot of people where I am don't know how much of a significant difference there is between regular McNuggets and fresh ones. My friend took one step closer to enlightenment when I told them to order fresh McNuggets.

Now whenever I order them I just tell them I'm pregnant.

Is that new? Never seen them at my KFCs but haven’t gone in awhile. Maybe region based.

Top Bottom