• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is AdjutantReflex

The Faceless Master said:
The anomalous world is in a perilous location beyond the line.
{//}The secrets it holds must be preserved.
{//}Plans within plans within plans.
The inhabitants; these unique denizens, must be researched.
They may hold answers to our own mysteries.
{//}
{//}But what fortune that we still had time to save them.
The thing we built on that world will vouchsafe their lives,
{//}But perhaps one day it will be used for its intended purpose.
If the plan succeeds, and they are saved, it will be a good world.
If the plan fails,
{//}And the adversary succeeds,
it will remain an enigma forever
{//}With no-one left to reclaim it.

the video corrupts where i presume that missing line is...
Thanks!

People are getting a bit confused about the "Tomorrow things will be clearer, but I will not be here to witness it". I think he is a forerunner speaking to us... humans. This is just before activating the Halos to decimate all life in the galaxy.

squicken

{//}
If the plan fails,

Nice job on that. I didn't see the other line. So what happens tomorrow?

HugBasket

Banned
Has anyone tried combining all the logs? I noticed that they had a couple // lines. Perhaps you can fill those in with logs from other servers.

Buttonbasher said:
Cycle_Response.jpg
[

I'll update the OP when I actually found out how it was unlocked. Sorry for not posting it here. I was in the ABO IRC and saw a link. There were 200 people in the chat. -100 keys left. I clicked, shaking, and copied my key. Click click, and noticed 12 keys left. I was in by a second.

Here's the Transmission transcript:

As a broken marionette, the future is out of my hands.
Infinite answers to our present have shifted and you, Redeemer, now hold the keys.
Tomorrow things will be clearer, but I will not be here to witness the clarity.
More records remain. Wells not drawn upon. Depths you are not yet ready to grasp.
But the luxury of readiness is almost at an end and we shall soon see what we shall soon see.
Walk among the footfalls of empty dust. Living where your kind's bones make soil, the next movement is set to begin.
As before, the battle is one sided. As before, a failure in action may lead to the death of all.
But, new to this life is the belief that we can overcome.

Sounds like the guy on bungie.net might be bullshitting. You guys probably ate up the keys within seconds.

Prvt.Pegleg said:
Has anyone tried combining all the logs? I noticed that they had a couple // lines. Perhaps you can fill those in with logs from other servers.
the {//} lines are in the videos, they just go by really fast... you have to freeze frame to get them

{//}
If the plan fails,

What is the Arks intended purpose? I always assumed that it was intended to save humanity from the destruction caused by the Halos. It does something else?

DoctorWho said:
People are getting a bit confused about the "Tomorrow things will be clearer, but I will not be here to witness it". I think he is a forerunner speaking to us... humans. This is just before activating the Halos to decimate all life in the galaxy.
AR said "Tomorrow Things will be clearer, but I will not be here to witness the clarity"

Also it said "MY identity is not your concern"

So the person in the transmissions is the one who took over AR.

DoctorWho said:
Sounds like the guy on bungie.net might be bullshitting. You guys probably ate up the keys within seconds.
Server 5 (from ABO)
FaceHead (Podtacular) - 13th
aceplace - 25th
David Ellis (1up Intern) - 27th
iNoob (Podtacular) - 30th
ImortalTrashcan - 31st
Squetomee - 33rd
M4730 - 35th
Ironlion - 37th
RoflSalad - 39th
CapnKrunk - 49th
ClownX (Podtacular) - 50th
Mjolnir - 51st
Vlad3163 - 56th
Pat - 57th
Hidesquadron1 - 65th
forsakenwayfarer - 72nd
CtrlAltDestroy - 76th
LoneFedaykin - 79th
KLind - 88th
Ranger_000 - 90th
Unr3alChi3f - Gave his key away

EDIT: "The next movement is set to begin." My theory? SOTA signup tomorrow.

tak

DoctorWho said:
Yeah, I'm starting to think he was just trolling. He would need to have many Live accounts to do it.

cluto

{//}
If the plan fails,

That missing line is this:

"What irony that we discovered this
treasure, only at the end of things."

Exarchos said:
That missing line is this:

"What irony that we discovered this
treasure, only at the end of things"

Maybe that is linked to the Ark's intended purpose.

The Forerunners build the Ark to act as a shield to protect humanity from the destructive force of the Halos but... that wasn't its intended purpose? It does something else... something they discovered late into development?

Or is it something natural?

Whatever it is... I bet it is in the Ark.

tak

I was fairly sure we were going to be fighting Forunners in Halo 3, but that transcripts seems to point towards the forunners being on our side in a sense.

tak said:
I was fairly sure we were going to be fighting Forunners in Halo 3, but that transcripts seems to point towards the forunners being on our side in a sense.

I've always assumed they were on our side. Their AI constructs are a little wonky though.

tak

DoctorWho said:
I've always assumed they were on our side. Their AI constructs are a little wonky though.
The main reason why I thought it was because up to this point we have been trying to stop their plan to clear the galaxy of the Flood.

tak

someone just posted this at args.bungie.org

xxdangerkidxx said:
Has anyone noticed that on halo3.com in the concept art section there is one picture of that crysopteron symbol named the device and apparently you need some kind of voice activation to do some kind of unlocking. Im not sure if it was already used in some sort of previous unlocking of servers.
I wonder what it is. It looks like it is related to the ARG.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Exarchos said:
The Forerunners (or a Forerunner). Except humans are the only animal that get to ride the boat.

Maybe. Maybe not. There are other species who seemed to have survived the Flood. ;)

urk said:
Maybe. Maybe not. There are other species who seemed to have survived the Flood. ;)

Well, that has to be true. If the Halos were fired 100,000 years ago, that wouldn't be enough time for the covenant species to evolve into sentient beings. Wouldn't they already have to have some type of intelligence at that point. Caveman level?

Speculation: The image of the Terminal.

Terminal.jpg

Isn't there going to be terminals in Halo 3? Could they possibly show us videos that would continue in this fashion? Like explain the flood more? That would make sense.

But where does that leave us now? Assuming thats how that aspect is wrapped up (explaining the birth of the flood), what do we do?

SOTA seems to be the last piece of the puzzle left unsolved.

Adjutant Reflex was hijacked by this new entity. They merged. They broadcast together in the form of Transmissions in Forerunner servers. They've been leading us to all of the servers.

Surely SOTA wasn't just for finding Server 1...right?

Something's going to have to happen..."More Records Remain...we shall soon see what we shall soon see...The Next movement is set to begin..." Could this all be speaking of Halo 3?

In some ways I could see how Server 5 could be the end. But I don't feel satisfied enough, because we're lacking closure.

Then there is this file:
You asked me once, what happened to those who vanished?
You asked me, why did we survive where our fathers fell?
You wished to know how we ever let it happen
A scourge that consumed the galaxy
And the cure that was worse than the cancer
You asked me once about my intent
And the spot that would not wash out
I promise you the answers lie in the Ark
Find me there in the dark
For that is where I abide

Bridges the gap to H3 nicely. Meeting Forerunners at the Ark.

The future of Iris is uncertain...
What.now.jpg

Server 5 is definitely not the end of this game. That would be an odd note to end this ARG on and I expect more to come out SOTA next week and in the weeks leading up to Halo.

What I find interesting is that we are seeing events transpire through to separate groups. The Forerunners, who devised a way to save humanity with the Ark and we get to experience their resolve as they realize they have no choice but to use their weapon.

The other group is SOTA, who are a present day group, unraveling the mystery just as we are. Now that the servers are opened and the Forerunners story has been told, we'll get to see SOTA piecing it together I suppose.

DoctorWho said:
Server 5 is definitely not the end of this game. That would be an odd note to end this ARG on and I expect more to come out SOTA next week and in the weeks leading up to Halo.

What I find interesting is that we are seeing events transpire through to separate groups. The Forerunners, who devised a way to save humanity with the Ark and we get to experience their resolve as they realize they have no choice but to use their weapon.

The other group is SOTA, who are a present day group, unraveling the mystery just as we are. Now that the servers are opened and the Forerunners story has been told, we'll get to see SOTA piecing it together I suppose.
I wouldn't mind that. btw the email address that we got from the PDF file: DoYouGrok@SocietyoftheAncients.com is still bouncing back emails, but DoYouGrok@206.223.16.63 isn't... The fact that the PDF wasn't made public makes me think there could be more to SOTA...

Who knows.

Buttonbasher said:
Cycle_Response.jpg
cycle_response.jpg

Terminal.jpg
Terminal.jpg

<snip>

I'm at work, and don't have the tools/time...but could someone do a quick mock-up of the earth cut-away (in Cycle_Response.jpg) -- but rotated so the earth is circular instead oft elliptical in appearance, -- THEN overlay it with the terminal glyph...

then can we deduct that not only is the ark "underground" but maybe it is at the core of the earth...and the glyph are passage ways (pathways into darkness perhaps?) to the ark?

and what's up with that fissure in the earth cutaway...is that the marianas trench or sumpin? and will that line up with the part of the glyph that doesn't intersect the outermost circle....ZOMG!

I have no idea what I'm sayin or what I'm getting myself into...just a thought

Buttonbasher said:
Speculation: The image of the Terminal.
Isn't there going to be terminals in Halo 3? Could they possibly show us videos that would continue in this fashion? Like explain the flood more? That would make sense.

I believe the rumor was that Terminals would indeed play videos that would give us more background information on the Forerunners. And possibly the Flood.

BEATEN!@!
Also the Flood Containment Control number, and The Coordinates at the Transmission log (that was the site that turned into Server 1).

Cool Stuff. ABO, and Unforums were thinking this was the "key to the next step".

But I think there is no next step.

Anyone unlock server 3 and get a package yet? It's been almost a month, and all of the other packages were out in 2 weeks. Makes one wonder if server 3-5 prizes will the 3 editions of Halo 3. And they just have to wait to send them out...

/spec

Seems things are officially over. Nothing unexpected.

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=378460

The growing anticipation of the September 25 release was deftly nurtured by a unique viral marketing campaign, dubbed "Iris," which engaged gamers in a high-tech scavenger hunt that aimed to broaden the audience for the Xbox 360 title along the way.

More than 50 people from 20 Microsoft teams contributed time, coding expertise, and industry contacts to bring the online campaign to fruition.

The project launched in June and wrapped up August 16, unfolding as a virtual treasure hunt in five episodes. A mysterious voice guided thousands of participants as they uncovered clues and puzzles at various server locations. Each location revealed previously untold details about the Halo game trilogy, which tracks Master Chief's epic battle to save Earth from conquering aliens.

The campaign generated the buzz organizers hoped for. "Getting mentioned on gaming blogs was good, but when we got interview requests from "The Wall Street Journal," that's when we knew we achieved critical mass," said Aaron Elliott, online marketing manager for Xbox Global Marketing. "It's about breaking out of the hardcore and getting into the mainstream."

Aaron Elliott of SOTA makes sense now!

HallwayGiant said:
Wow, that is quite the depressing article, especially the "it's about breaking out of the hardcore and getting into the mainstream" quote. I understand what they mean from a marketing stand-point but come on.
I blame Wii Fit.:lol

I still kinda feel like there wasn't closure on SOTA. It seemed like a cool organization, and all it really did was lead us to Server one...

DoYouGrok? What was up with that PDF file?!

Buttonbasher said:
I still kinda feel like there wasn't closure on SOTA. It seemed like a cool organization, and all it really did was lead us to Server one...

Really, I expected that we would be able to sign up for some sort of mailing list.

Hrrmm...

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Buttonbasher said:

Yeah, I was hoping for a cohesive narrative of some sort, which would have meant a return to SOTA, but looks like each server story was almost wholly independent.

Looking back, I think the comic was the coolest piece of media. The server info is good too. Wish there would have been a bit more interaction.

urk said:
Yeah, I was hoping for a cohesive narrative of some sort, which would have meant a return to SOTA, but looks like each server story was almost wholly independent.

Looking back, I think the comic was the coolest piece of media. The server info is good too. Wish there would have been a bit more interaction.
What would be cool is if the Terminals in Halo 3 continued the story told in the servers. Like further explain the flood creation. And possibly make sense of some of the remaining mysteries such as Infestation.jpg

Infestation.jpg

or AR's new avatar and cycle response:
Cycle_response.jpg

Maybe then the servers wouldn't seem so random.

Buttonbasher said:
What would be cool is if the Terminals in Halo 3 continued the story told in the servers. Like further explain the flood creation. And possibly make sense of some of the remaining mysteries such as Infestation.jpg

I think that's the plan. To fill in the story on the Forerunners and the Flood. But just my guess:D

Top Bottom