• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the best cereal mascot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But of course Tony the Tiger is the best!

tony.jpg

I mean, he has no cereal vice/obsession, he isn't shown needing his cereal to get good, he isn't manic, generally is shown to be a paragon of good morals, he is athletic and a good role model for children! I think the only other character who has most of those traits is Cap'n Crunch and even then he has no amazing catchphrase.

They're GRRREEAAAT!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
My entire life I've been obsessed over Boo Berry. ALL the Monster Cereal cast, really, but Boo Berry in particular. I mean Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Boo Berry, Yummy Mummy, and Fruit Brute are all such amazing, iconic characters.

Truthfully I'm generally obsessed with Monsters anyways. I wish I had some big-ass "Monster Squad"-style of them all standing together handy for this post.

Make no mistake, OP, I ain't mad atcha for your Thule Ravenscroft love. The man was a prince.

PillarEN

Tony was exactly what I thought of. I miss Frosted Flakes. Tucan Sam I like as well though I'm not too high on Fruit Loops.

Here the most popular cereal provider (other than generic) is Nestle. I'll admit, I like the Nesquick bunny but Nestle man.

cameron

IwWypSn.jpg

I'm partial to Toucan Sam (just noticed the unfortunate placing of the tail feather while previewing). His commercials were awesome.

It's weird how kids were assholes to some mascots. Like Trix Rabbit. Jeez, just give him some cereal.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Tony is the first one who came to my mind when I read the title, and when I thought a bit more my second choice was Cap'n Crunch. So I guess I agree.

Count Chocula had potential because vampires are cool except for the blood-sucking evilness, but while a chocolate-lover is an easy friend, he's such a fuckin huckster with the gimmick promotions that he ruins it.

Kellogg's Rooster.

Iconic.
Elegant.
Simple.
I grew up on Corn Flakes so I can understand. I actually ate so much of that shit as a kid I sent in UPCs and got a free denim jacket with the rooster embroidered on it. Edit: Best cereal prize ever.

Boss Doggie

My entire life I've been obsessed over Booberry. ALL the Monster Cereal cast, really, but Booberry in particular. I mean Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Booberry, Yummy Mummy, and Fruit Brute are all such amazing, iconic characters.

Truthfully I'm generally obsessed with Monsters anyways. I wish I had some big-ass "Monster Squad"-style of them all standing together handy for this post.

Make no mistake, OP, I ain't mad atcha for your Thule Ravenscroft love. The man was a prince.

Is Booberry still around?

Tony was exactly what I thought of. I miss Frosted Flakes. Tucan Sam I like as well though I'm not too high on Fruit Loops.

Here the most popular cereal provider (other than generic) is Nestle. I'll admit, I like the Nesquick bunny but Nestle man.

Nestle mostly just imports right? Though I do know they have their own stuff in SEA with Koko Krunch and Honey Star.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

Just two years ago or so I got retro boxes of most of them from a woman I was seeing who left on family business to New Hampshire. She mailed them to me. I've got, I believe retro Yummy Mummy, Fruit Brute, and a modern Boo Berry. The monsters are very much still around!

This year I've decided I'm going to get box fronts from all the ones I'm missing, retro or not, and frame them all. Last year I bought both Count Chocula and Frankenberry here in Florida so I know it is possible! They are just seasonal to Halloween.

My avatar says it all.

Yep! Although him (and the rest of the Monster Cereal gang) are seasonal, so they pop around 'round Halloween time. A couple of years back they actually brought back Yummy Mummy and Fruit Brute, too.

You obviously have excellent taste!

yeah booberry owns
And Dork Knight and I are in august company!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
ql4AdUb.jpg

What the hell was this thing?

the true embodiment of hunger

That campaign worked. Even after all these years I clearly remember the "hunger strikes" and "keep hunger locked up til lunch" phrases.

PillarEN

Nestle mostly just imports right? Though I do know they have their own stuff in SEA with Koko Krunch and Honey Star.

In central Europe they don't have anything that compares to the US American mascot war. If somebody wanted to they could come sweep up that market and shove that sugar down all the children's throats.

But of course Tony the Tiger is the best!

tony.jpg

I mean, he has no cereal vice/obsession, he isn't shown needing his cereal to get good, he isn't manic, generally is shown to be a paragon of good morals, he is athletic and a good role model for children! I think the only other character who has most of those traits is Cap'n Crunch and even then he has no amazing catchphrase.

They're GRRREEAAAT!

So you already posted the best, close it now mods :D

Boss Doggie

I don't know how they are called in English:

estrellitas_estrellitas_galaxias_nt_std_1_14.png

He's an astronaut. What else do you need?

Nestle Honey Stars, but I forgot his name

Grimløck;164802792 said:
Cookie_crisp_2.jpg.jpg

he's the hamburglar in cereal form

Speaking of which, how come the wolf is now naked? I distinctly remember him wearing a jacket.

Also in SEA when Nestle brought over cookie crisp they changed the wolf into a panther for some odd reason.

cookie-crisp.jpg

Boss Doggie

Eh I wouldn't say abomination, just generic.

For some odd reason they stripped him naked in his recent version. I guess the jacket makes him too much a relic of the 90's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom