• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the biggest Boss in any game YOU can think of?

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
asuras_wrath_boss_thumb.jpg

I wish Gurren Lagann had a game to recreate this :

hqdefault.jpg

yes, it's two giant mech, standing on a galaxy, later throwing disc shaped galaxies at each others

Astral Dog

how is this game? was slightly interested in it
Its AWESOME!!
but its not a traditional videogame at all, little gameplay, but over the top anime cutscenes with lots of action. Worth the price now.
Some of the best videogame cutscenes ever made.
or at least watch it.

Probably should have specified "in relation to the player character" if you were interested in bosses where their size is actually interesting from a mechanical point of view rather than being purely aesthetic.

(Not that it isn't cool to have galaxy-sized enemies, but if you also have a galaxy-sized player character then what you actually have is an enemy that, mechanically, is normal-sized.)

The God of War series has some huge bosses like Chronos, The biggest I can think of is the guy from Azura's Wrath, but I don't remember if that was just a QTE boss or not.

I wish Gurren Lagann had a game to recreate this :

hqdefault.jpg

yes, it's two giant mech, standing on a galaxy, later throwing disc shaped galaxies at each others

When I first read about this and looked it up I was so disappointed by the actual thing. Just throwing flat cutouts at each other doesn't exactly live up to the description.

Toxi

Banned
The God of War series has some huge bosses like Chronos, The biggest I can think of is the guy from Azura's Wrath, but I don't remember if that was just a QTE boss or not.
He starts as a traditional slightly larger than normal boss, then as soon as he grows to that big he becomes pure QTE boss.

Its AWESOME!!
but its not a traditional videogame at all, little gameplay, but over the top anime cutscenes with lots of action. Worth the price now.
Some of the best videogame cutscenes ever made.
or at least watch it.

still worth a try i guess. think it has a demo

Tizoc

In cast it hasn't been mentioned yet since most of you, apparently, were not born before the PS3 existed-
eZc1NWM.png

iWnsiCs.gif

xzLNtOF.gif

Time was XvSF's Apocalypse was the biggest thing ever.

Course there is also Abyss from MvC2...and Galactus in MvC3.

When I first read about this and looked it up I was so disappointed by the actual thing. Just throwing flat cutouts at each other doesn't exactly live up to the description.

Man, maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought the last episode of Gurren Lagann was mind-blowing. So many crazy colors and weird effects. I really liked the progression of that show.

Earth Mimicry from Sin and Punishment was pretty big. Always got the impression it was implied to be bigger/farther off than it seems as well. Fight takes place on the Earth's atmosphere as you protect it from oncoming attacks.

DsKlB.jpg

Munkybhai

It worms better if you want it all the way through, so the the ever increasing scale keeps building your hype, along with the awesome music.

FIGHT THE POW-A!

Top Bottom