• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who was the worst video game character of 2014?

Corpekata

Banned
Yasuhirohagakure.jpg

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

I'd take him over the mechanic pervert from DR2.

Malcolm9

Ajay Ghale for me, I didn't find his character that interesting, or his VA.

Aiden Pearce is getting a lot of dislike, I actually liked the way he was in Watch_Dogs, though the other fella was better overall, T-Bone.

Aiden Pearce was pretty bad. The obvious blandness of the guy aside, he also had the dumbest "moral dilemma" I've ever seen in a game.

But my pick is Garrett from the new Thief. He's like Aiden but in a dumber outfit.

I don't like the way NuGarrett always wears his mask down. It frames his face in such a weird way. But I barely felt like he was a character at all. He likes stealing, and that's about it. There's no reason for him to be detached and anti-social like the original Garrett, he's occasionally a little snarky but that's about it. And then the player is expected to care about Erin even though she's done nothing but be an asshole to Garrett and kill a completely innocent guard. Just so many inexplicable characterization choices, he feels less like an unlikable character and more like just not a character.

Astral Dog

468px-B2w415.png

Unfortunately, Loki from Bayonetta 2 is the worst , its no so easy for me to choose him , as i love his design , mostly when he has the hood, the squirrel, his stupid triangle, little letters on his clothes, even his voice i could tolerate.

But he is awful, he ruins Bayonetta character by basically making her submissive to him, he swears a lot, and is annoying on gameplay, calling Bayonetta everytime he is with her, in the end he even steals the spotlight from Bayonetta.
Who knows maybe if they had made him a girl instead he would be better..

craigrvr

Neo Member
Ajay Ghale for me. I didn't like how he was so casual about the whole civil war going on in Kyrat. Also he doesn't have enough character development within the entire story to make me care about him.

televator

Okay, I know who Adam Baldwin is and he has done at least one douchy thing I know of, but what makes him a game character? Was he In a game this year?

439748503.jpg

There is a reason she is the only character in the game that you can boot off the team after you recruit them. I haven't yet, but boy am I fucking tempted.

lord pie

For me, Talion from shadow of mordor would have been the most forgettable character of 2014, were it not for him having the most punchable face in recent memory :p. Yet the wraith sidekick was somehow worse, being completely one dimensional, doing nothing other than spouting angry 'sauron is sooo evil you guys!' exposition at every opportunity.
It was a shame, as the enemies in the game just overflowed with variety and character.

Is there even a video game character named Adam Baldwin, or is this a concerted effort to derail this thread? I'm so confused -_-
Is an ironic, obviously wrong, self aware jab at this actor scum who singlehandely gave a name, and champions it to this day, to GAF's absolute Fail Of The Year (and my pick for the worst videogame related fail ever).

Adam himself helped destroy any meaningful conversation that couldve been had about journalistic ethics by derailing it all into harassment, vitriol and dumbass conspiracy theories which set our hobby back 15 years in the eyes of the mainstream.

Yes he's not a videogame character, but he is this year's worst videogames related character.

Toxi

Banned
The Speaker in Destiny. In the first cutscene he says "Oh the stories I could tell you." He then basically tells you to F off and never tells you anything about the game again.

In other words he knows the missing plot of Destiny and is being a huge dick and not telling anyone.

The_speaker1.jpg
This is a pretty good one.

Please guys, not another non-game thing. Gamer gate is nothing to do with actual videogames.

Aiden Pierce or that AssCreed guy that I don't even want to remember who keeps being a screw up in the story.
They got my vote.

Adam Baldwin started the use of the hashtag #gamergate, so yeah, he isn't a videogame character but he's the worst.

Is an ironic, obviously wrong, self aware jab at this actor scum who singlehandely gave a name, and champions it to this day, to GAF's absolute Fail Of The Year (and my pick for the worst videogame related fail ever).

Adam himself helped destroy any meaningful conversation that couldve been had about journalistic ethics by derailing it all into harassment, vitriol and dumbass conspiracy theories which set our hobby back 15 years in the eyes of the mainstream.

Yes he's not a videogame character, but he is this year's worst videogames related character.

Thanks for the explanation.

arekuso

Hope was in Lightning Returns, so that makes him the worse. Although the sword dude in Transistor was also a real pain in the ass.

(I haven't played Watch Dogs nor AC Unity, I'm no fool)

Rockondevil

439748503.jpg

There is a reason she is the only character in the game that you can boot off the team after you recruit them. I haven't yet, but boy am I fucking tempted.

HAHA. I just finished today and while I didn't kick her, there were a LOT of times when I was just hovering over the kick option.

I'd have to go Sera or the Speaker in Destiny just because he's a d-bag.

Baleoce

The Dinklage. For such a prominent character through the game, he just really lacked something.

The Speaker in Destiny. In the first cutscene he says "Oh the stories I could tell you." He then basically tells you to F off and never tells you anything about the game again.

In other words he knows the missing plot of Destiny and is being a huge dick and not telling anyone.

The_speaker1.jpg

Yeah, this too.

Mdk7

The main character from Lords of the Fallen is pretty fucking bad.
Hell, i've been playing the game for like 25hrs in the last 3 days, and cannot even remember his name.

The_speaker1.jpg

Lol. This one gets my vote.

mcz117chief

Hope was in Lightning Returns, so that makes him the worse.

I don't get it, he was so cool in 13-2 but suddenly he is so annoying in 13-3. He keeps telling you something without actually saying anything, so weird.

she got the prize many time, congratulation lightning!

Give me a single reason why you think that Lightning is a bad character ? She is definitely my favourite this year, Ali Hillis did a stellar job with her again and she is a million times better than her japanese counterpart, maybe next time you should play with the english dub (which is better in about 95% of cases anyway)

btw. trying to insult a character by not using a capital letter is just weak.

Carbonox

The Speaker
Sebastian Castellanos

Regarding Sera - I hated her at first but by the end of the game found her to be one of the funniest characters I've had the pleasure of listening to in quite a while. Her banter with other characters when roaming around is stellar.

Top Bottom