• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who was your fictional crush when you were younger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailor Venus.

latest

big ander

Kirsten Dunst as MJ, Topanga in Boy Meets World, Moze in Ned's declassified, the main girl in So Weird, Elisha cuthbert in 24.

But the earliest one was Christina Ricci in Casper

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Does it count as a fictional crush if you're just thirsty for the person portraying the role?

Crushes I had before I was 13:

Harley Quinn

Jessica Rabbit

Anaksunamun from the Mummy and the Mummy Returns

Topanga fromn Boy Meets World

tumblr_n6oa5s9nf31qh5bybo3_500.gif

Laura Winslow and Myra Monkhouse from Family Matters

giphy.gif

Jill in the Whole Nine Yards

giphy.gif

Jinx in Die Another Day

jinx-towel.gif

Penny in Lost in Space

Esmerelda in Hunchback of Notre Dame

Elastigirl in The Incredibles

Princess Kida in Atlantis: The Lost Empire

I deeply regret Harley because sexualizing a victim is not cool, but that went over my head as a kid.

Rambo 2 girl:

JKfPfiN9.png

Others off the top of my head: Jennifer Connolly, Christina Ricci, Nicole Kidman in Batman Forever, Halle Berry and Courteney Cox in Ace Ventura.

200_s.gif

riotous

Banned
Interesting how many people answer with cartoon characters. Just can't relate.

I'm also stumped by the question; maybe Winnie Cooper?

tr00per

Alright after reading through the thread here's my list

Animated:

Jessica rabbit
Lola bunny

Real:
Topanga
Donna pinciotti
Lydia from beetlejuice
Penny Robinson

And pretty much any character played by Tia and tamra mowry or Melissa joan hart lol

Noaloha

Earliest, hm, strange fondnesses, that I can recall are Maid Marian (from the Children's BBC show) and Paula Abdul, so I submit Marian:

Maid-Marian-and-Her-Merry-Men-2.jpg

That'd have been late 80s/early 90s?

In terms of most oddly strong fictional crush though, I have to give a mention to one from my early/mid-teens, because hooboy her presence on screen was incredulously potent at that point in my development. Zev (or Xev? the red-haired one) from Lexx:

xev.jpeg

mid-90s?

Does it count as a fictional crush if you're just thirsty for the person portraying the role?

imo a fictional crush is special bc it is based mostly on your imagination. i don't entirely buy that live action counts. you are mostly crushing the real person playing that role.

animation is closer to this than live action. you are given only two dimensions at a time, and the character design can be varied and stylized in ways live action cannot. it can distort proportions through time, abstracting the form, prompting the imagination to fill in the blanks so to speak.

it would be cool to see someone post a literary crush. literature is probably the most potent form of fiction when it comes to imagination. but it's hard to think of a well-known character that has not been adapted into multi-media.

Noaloha

it would be cool to see someone post a literary crush. literature is probably the most potent form of fiction when it comes to imagination. but it's hard to think of a well-known character that has not been adapted into multi-media.
Speaking only from my own perspective, I don't know if I could have had such 'odd attractions' based on pages alone at such an age (as Things were beginning to change). There was a lack of maturity, in several facets, in myself there. The girls in the books I was reading at that age, Susan from Weirdstone of Brisingamen for example, were just cool people who I thought of as friends. There was, in my mind, no curiously eye-grabbing adjustments in a book-girl's body shape, no specific arrangement of their narrative facial features that my mind did the mathematics on and outputted 'look at me, for no known reason'. At those very early stages, there was no holistic engagement in crushing - it was just raw confusing magnetism of attention, and wholly visual.

Strimei

Sally Acorn from the Sonic SatAM cartoon.

That version specifically. I seem to remember her voice being what I liked most, too.

So out of curiosity just now, I went to look up who her voice actor was, and she was pretty prolific (Kath Soucie), though what's making me laugh right now is finding out she voiced Helga's mom from Hey Arnold, and that's causing some weird mental images in my head.

edit: Alternatively, maybe Sailor Mars. I was watching both around the same time as a kid, so can't quite remember which was first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom