• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who was your fictional crush when you were younger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malena1.png

Kylie%2BMinogue%2B-%2BFever%2B%2528FanMade%2BAlbum%2BCover%2529%2BMade%2Bby%2BAhhlickz.png

Honorable mentions:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
fifth6.jpg

This makes me sort of sad. I've never dated someone like her; they've all been complicated.

Interesting how many people answer with cartoon characters. Just can't relate.

I'm also stumped by the question; maybe Winnie Cooper?

Younger -> kids. Kids tend to watch cartoons.

imo a fictional crush is special bc it is based mostly on your imagination. i don't entirely buy that live action counts. you are mostly crushing the real person playing that role.

animation is closer to this than live action. you are given only two dimensions at a time, and the character design can be varied and stylized in ways live action cannot. it can distort proportions through time, abstracting the form, prompting the imagination to fill in the blanks so to speak.

it would be cool to see someone post a literary crush. literature is probably the most potent form of fiction when it comes to imagination. but it's hard to think of a well-known character that has not been adapted into multi-media.

Yep, it's honestly way harder to get a crush on a fictional character in live action, and based off of this thread, it seems to be more the person behind the character.

Literary, hmm, I think maybe I could say Calypso (then again, she's made out to be highly idealized, until her 2nd appearance in the Heroes of Olympus series, where she's much more of an actual character) or Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series and maybe (I was that much into the series) Alanna from the Song of the Lioness series

Dr. Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters was my very first crush. I carried an action figure of him everywhere. To this day I have an attraction to nerdier dudes.

Goliath from Gargoyles - I totally think it was his voice. To this day I still get feelings for any voice work Keith David does.

Autolycus from Xena - He was just so charming. I then became a big Bruce Campbell fan and watched just about everything he's been in (except Burn Notice - couldn't make it past season 1).

Peyotl

Neo Member
I had a huge crush on Padme in Episode One. That's probably the reason why I still kinda like this movie.
And Teenage Link from Ocarina of Time.
It was a very confusing time for me.

Red UFO

Wednesday Addams was my first crush when I was Like, 8 years old or something.

Definitely informed my taste in women growing up.

Scotch

So "younger" as in literally DAYS younger? Jesus, Elaine is from yesterday.

Kelly le Brock in my case (Weird Science (the movie)). And that's not even going way back for me.
Overreaction much? Seinfeld premiered in 1989, Weird Science was just 4 years prior.

Grenchel

I think April from tmnt was the first time I had sexual feelings. It was during that episode when she is like in the body of some creature.

Pizza

I think my friends and I all had our first celebrity crush on kairi since we all played kingdom hearts at the same time when it released, and we were her age

They started actively arguing over who liked her first/ who called her once one found out the other liked her and I decided getting too emotionally attached to fictional characters is dumv

Hermione/Emma Watson, grew up with Harry Potter books/movies though middle school into high school. Crush still applies today.

latest

May. Misty was a fun character in Pokemon and all my friends had crushes on her back in the day except me. Then May came along when the anime reached Hoenn. Hoenn was the last season(s) of Pokemon I watched to this day.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I mean, there was Rogue, but she was less crush and more of "wow she was so awesome and cool!" and then saw her X-Men Evolution version and said "wow that's lame"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom