• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will buy Zelda BOTW WiiU ?

What system are you buying Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amory

Screenshot_20170225-175539_zpseuabxryw.png

Great.

I preordered like a month and a half ago

IbukiLordSA

Yeah but I will get it 2nd hand, it was between this and Horizon and I just bought Horizon, then it's onto Nier so hopefully by the time I get done with those this will be available 2nd hand somewhere.

Lucian

Great.

I preordered like a month and a half ago

I guess Nintendo is answering the OP's question for the consumer? I preordered last month, so if there's a supply shortage, I understand I'll have to wait. I feel for those that preordered like a year ago and now have to wait, though. Very much feels like how Twilight Princess was handled at the end of the Gamecube's life cycle. Hope this isn't the case, but it feels like the Nintendo thing to do...

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man, I'm wondering if I'm even going to get to play on Friday with no pre loading available.

Nintendo's servers are going to be absolutely HAMMERED on Friday with all the Switches getting online. I want this game digitally on my WiiU, but this is a pretty big download. I'm hoping that I can start the download before I leave for work in the morning and leave it on for the 8 hours I'm at work, and it be done by the time I get home.

But I am skeptical.

Jacce

Banned
I guess Nintendo is answering the OP's question for the consumer? I preordered last month, so if there's a supply shortage, I understand I'll have to wait. I feel for those that preordered like a year ago and now have to wait, though. Very much feels like how Twilight Princess was handled at the end of the Gamecube's life cycle. Hope this isn't the case, but it feels like the Nintendo thing to do...
No stores will want to stock WiiU games once Switch is out. All hardware has already been and pulled from shelves. There almost certainly wont ever be a second shipment of WiiU BotW software, much like was the case with Twilight Princess.

Strongly considering it, however my main issue is that I won't be able to resell a boxed copy of Zelda as Nintendo has made it clear BoTW will be their last Wii U game.

Afrodium

Banned
Strongly considering it, however my main issue is that I won't be able to resell a boxed copy of Zelda as Nintendo has made it clear BoTW will be their last Wii U game.

Just sit on your Wii U copy for a decade or two and I guarantee the limited run version of a GOAT game released for a failed console will be worth something.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
WiiU version for me.

Not sure when I'll get a Switch. I have a strong feeling:

1) The joycons are going to be revised to have the sticks and buttons centred. They're current placement is silly for when they're being used individually as controllers.

2) There'll be an LE console by year's end. I'll buy that.

Jtrizzy

Yep...I thought the wiiu version was delayed for some resaon. Will this be easy to emulate? I'm familiar with Dolphin, but am not up on wiiu emulation. 2600k@4.4/1070.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I really hope I get my Amazon preorder. I don't want to buy a Switch just yet.

Jacce

Banned
WiiU version for me.

1) The joycons are going to be revised to have the sticks and buttons centred. They're current placement is silly for when they're being used individually as controllers.

With how the joycons are with the l/r on the latch how is that even possible? That is not going to happen.

Jacce

Banned
The latches/shoulder buttons aren't the issue.

It's everything on the face that needs centering.

How do you change the alignment without throwing that off? You can't line up the sticks and d-pad to buttons with how you split the joycons for single unit play. Otherwise for one joycon the buttons would be on the left and stick on the right which would be crazy.

Bsigg12

WiiU version for me.

2) There'll be an LE console by year's end. I'll buy that.

I doubt we see the Joycon adjusted too much over the life of the console. Nintendo isn't one to change their control schemes post launch but rather introduce alter things like Pro controllers.

We'll definitely see a LE edition of the console.

Jacce

Banned
You can't centre the Joy-Con while also having them as individual controllers

You can't also center them for a portable. There is a reason every single widescreen based portable has the buttons and control stick/dpad towards the top. It is not nearly as usable if they are more towards center/bottom. It would be incredibly uncomfortable to hold.

Nintendo-Switch-screen.jpg

Alex

Originally I was gonna do it for Switch at launch, but the Switch wound up not really impressing me. But that's OK, it's launch hardware, it's rare that it does.

After that I was gonna grab it for Wii U but then I noticed the deluge of software hitting in late Feb to March so I decided I'll just wait until later on when I actually do get a Switch to play it. Not hurting for games currently, so don't need to make the compromise.

Futureman

I've been kinda obsessed with Switch for the last few weeks but I just borrowed my brother's Wii U today so... I think I'll get the Wii U BOTW.

Jimrpg

Any PAL gamers here? Where's the cheapest place to get a physical copy of the game?

It seems ozgameshop is AU$75 - is that the cheapest. I'm not seeing much of a discount anywhere. I'm guessing Nintendo and or retailers probably aren't going to print a whole bunch and just try to sell the switch version instead.

Zolbrod

Do we have an exact number for the mandatory install yet?

All I know is that you need "at least 3GB" but I have like 3.2 GB and don't want to buy the game only to find out I don't have room for the install.
I hate how literally more than half of my 8GB of storage is wasted on mandatory crap.

I'm probably gonna end up getting the WiiU version.
I kind of don't want to go through a week or two of people talking about and playing this game while I wait for a Switch to become available.
I just don't have the patience, and it's Zelda...I wanna play it asap.
:p

dcdobson

Me! I'll definitely get a Switch eventually, but I honestly don't play video games enough to justify buying a system at launch.

Ostinatto

in before the mods.....

that's a weak defense, like saying i bought an expensive car which cost me a lot of money but i don't have the keys yet, so technically i'm allowed to steal a cheaper car for free.

In before the mods? is it against the TOS to post a message saying i will pirate something?
i did not know that, i'm sorry.

Thats not a great analogy.

I bought the most expensive version of the game, and ive paid almost double the price for that,i dont have more money to buy the switch for now, and i dont wanna wait a year to buy the switch in order to play the game.

But i've already paid for the game, it's a win win situation to both, me and Nintendo. Nintendo has my money and i can play the game.

If you say im stealing a cheaper car for free, thats not accurate because, Nintendo didnt lose anything. i did a copy of the wii U version, so the correct analogy would be , i've built a copy of the original car by my own.

And again, i'm sorry if posting this is against the forum TOS.

Gurrry

Heres my thing. I want a switch. I will be getting one.

However, I bought this WiiU with the intention of playing a new Zelda on it. And since Zelda is the only game I really want to play at launch... its a better financial investment for me to play it on WiiU.

Gurrry

I doubt we see the Joycon adjusted too much over the life of the console. Nintendo isn't one to change their control schemes post launch but rather introduce alter things like Pro controllers.

We'll definitely see a LE edition of the console.

Theres an interesting discussion to be had here imo. However, I dont think we will be getting an LE...

We will be getting an XL...

donny2112

In before the mods? is it against the TOS to post a message saying i will pirate something?
i did not know that, i'm sorry.

Thats not a great analogy.

I bought the most expensive version of the game, and ive paid almost double the price for that,i dont have more money to buy the switch for now, and i dont wanna wait a year to buy the switch in order to play the game.

But i've already paid for the game, it's a win win situation to both, me and Nintendo. Nintendo has my money and i can play the game.

If you say im stealing a cheaper car for free, thats not accurate because, Nintendo didnt lose anything. i did a copy of the wii U version, so the correct analogy would be , i've built a copy of the original car by my own.

And again, i'm sorry if posting this is against the forum TOS.

You didn't build it. You stole it. If you're fine with that, that's your thing, but at least call it what it is. You bought the Switch version. No where does that entitle you to the Wii U version. If you really can't stomach paying full price for it on Wii U and don't want to steal it, then rent the game. Or buy it from GameStop and sell it back after a couple of weeks, which is basically a rental.

Edit:
Ah, you're in Chile, so the rental option may not really be an option for you. Not sure what's available in South America for Wii U renting, if anything.

Teuoxton

I preordered mine back last June, and according to the site it should arrive Wednesday. Hopefully it will get here even sooner than that though.
I say this because last time I preordered a game from that retailer it arrived three days before the official release date!

levyjl1988

Banned
Something tells me this will be exactly like Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess when it came out. It will both be on the Gamecube and Wii. Gamecube will sell out and be rare. Wii will still be continually sold. Years later they make a remaster of it on the Wii U.

The real question is. Should I wait for this game to be remastered in 4K on the next Nintendo system, the Nintendo Switch Pro, as chances are they will update the tablet to be 1080p, 4K when docked, increased battery life, VR support, and improved joy-cons.

Cheapest place to buy this in the uk? Decided against purchasing a switch until i have played a few of the wii u games that are on my list and get one at xmas when if will have a better range of games and possibly bundles!

Top Bottom