• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will buy Zelda BOTW WiiU ?

What system are you buying Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone with a pre-order and in-store pickup at Best Buy had their order information move off of "Processing" yet?

My External HD arrived today, my USB Y cable is supposed to come by Friday, and I have Zelda: BotW Wii U pre-ordered for in-store pickup. Hopefully I can install the 3 GB on a USB stick if my USB Y cable doesn't arrive until later in the day on Friday. I have a sudden urge to fill that HD with all the classic Wii U releases (already have a lot of the physical versions) and a lot of VC games as well.

I'm debating the idea but I really want the DF coverage of it first. I can't afford to plunge on the switch and I don't want it to be hampered too much by performance issues.

Justinh

My Best Buy order shipped today, which led me to cancel my Amazon pre-order. I hope I didn't make a mistake with that.

Oh well, I guess it's still available at walmart if anything happens.

I may have to since I didn't preorder a Switch and I'm not sure I can waltz into any store to pick that and Zelda up on Friday.

...Though I have a strange feeling I won't be able to easily find a WiiU version available that day either. :(

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
My Best Buy order is still in the preparing stage (and in progress for the 3 Amiibo). I'm in not rush since I'm sucked into Horizon anyway, at most I'd check out the opening area this weekend.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My order better be the most immaculately prepared and packaged order ever. Best Buy has had it preparing for three days now.

Guessing I won't be getting it on release day since it didn't ship today.

How many people are going to take advantage of Target's B2G1 this Sunday to get Zelda?

I'm really curious if Target's allotment will deplete quickly and they possibly won't get anymore copies.

I'm not sure if I'll start the game without having all Zelda Amiibos including
the 3 unreleased ones
as well as knowing what exactly is that hard mode in the season pass.

But the game being $40 s significant as that may be the only time it'll ever drop to that price considering how much of the shipment they'll produce. I secretly kind of hope the decreased performance may turn off some people so it won't sell out quickly. This personally watching videos even today it doesn't look like a problem to me.

NewGame

Banned
I just booted up my Wii U to see if I can pre-order it and.. I can't? There isn't even a page for the game on the eshop. Wtf?

The website states there is a prepurchase and preload option- but it just says "Coming Soon"

Soon?! It's literally hours before release!!

Edit:
Digital Edition
Coming soon.

Pre-purchase from Nintendo.com to play on the day of launch.

Note: Digital edition requires 13 GB free space on device.

http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/buy-now/

kunonabi

My Japanese Wii u copy has shipped from play-asia. They claim 3 days but we'll see about that. On the plus side my amiibos might get here tomorrow.

Hydrus

Ok, I'm getting nervous now. Amazon still hasn't updated my order. Just says not shipped, arriving Friday. Dont fuck this up Amazon.

Far more WiiU buyers than I expected on the poll.
The Switch is just way too expensive for what it is right now, I'm not surprised at all that Wii U owners in particular wouldn't want to jump into buying new, unproven hardware from Nintendo.

I'll be plugging in my Wii U on Friday for the first time since some very very occasional games of Smash over the Summer.

Malcolm9

To be honest there isn't a massive difference between the Switch & Wii U version, so I'm buying the Wii U version for sure.

I'll probably pick a Switch up later in the year, but I don't see the need to invest in it yet just for Zelda at this moment in time.

If the Switch version of Zelda was far more impressive then my thought process would be different, but it's a no brainer when I own a Wii U to buy it for that console.

aravuus

Not sure if this is a good thread to ask this, but has there been anything on Wii U performance vs Switch docked performance? I know Switch handheld is better than either, but if Switch docked is clearly better than Wii U, I thought I might go out and buy the console (plus BOTW obv) if I can find it somewhere.

What? I have never heard of a pre-loaded Wii U game getting done for piracy.
Have any sources on this?

If a game is available for pre-load it can be downloaded via Nintendo Servers to a PC. From there it can be data mined and also transferred to a Wii U to play. It's been available to download in EUR for three days now.

EmiPrime

Got my Wii U copy, patch downloaded and installed. Still a bit bitter about not being able to use the Gamepad for the inventory and map but I am glad to be finally playing it.

Selddon

Banned
The framerate in both games really bum me out, especially in wii u version. I kind of regret getting the wii u one now.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
How does one become a senior?

I have been a member since 2013

Post more.

I believe it changes when you hit a certain threshold. I've heard 300 mentioned, if so you're close to that.

yasu151

Im super excited. Zelda games are whole family affair for us. We will take turns playing, with popcorn and scrunchin together on a sofa bed.

The GAF in me does hrrng a bit at the switch, but my wife and kids probably wont even notice framerate stuff.

Best buy shipping says out for delivery!

dyergram

My Tesco order says dispatched but I'm not convinced I'm getting it tomorrow wish I'd got it from shopto but their website is so janky. Worse part is my gf three parcels today from three different couriers :(

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Got my Wii U copy, patch downloaded and installed. Still a bit bitter about not being able to use the Gamepad for the inventory and map but I am glad to be finally playing it.
Oh so there is a patch..do we know if the gameplay seen so far includes this patch?

Top Bottom