• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's the most incompetent 80's cartoon villain?

Uzumaki Goku

So... all the villains of the 80s are well known for one thing: their incompetence but who is the most incompetent? Here are the 4 major ones:

Cobra Commander of G.I. Joe
Skeletor of He-Man
Megatron of Transformers
Shredder of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Of these 4, I'd have to say... Shredder. He was literally defeated once by having the people of earth mind wiped back into children. Don't get much more incompetent than that.

iMax

Dickdastardly.gif

Not really 80s but still sticks out.

GuyKazama

Megatron actually won and owned all of Cybertron (which is all he wanted) by the time of the movie. When he killed Optimus, he got an upgrade. Other than some later mental problems, I’d say he’s the most successful and shouldn’t be on the list.

Shredder spent most of the time trapped in the Technodrome. He was incompetent.

Jackpot

Banned
Dick Dastardly by far

latest

What's really lame about him is that he keeps almost winning the races on genuine merit alone, but then insists on cheating just to make sure and then it backfires and he loses.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Megatron killed all your favourite Autobots.

Cobra Commander was incompetent even when his future self showed up in Transformers.

Cairax

Neo Member
So... all the villains of the 80s are well known for one thing: their incompetence but who is the most incompetent? Here are the 4 major ones:

Cobra Commander of G.I. Joe
Skeletor of He-Man
Megatron of Transformers
Shredder of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Of these 4, I'd have to say... Shredder. He was literally defeated once by having the people of earth mind wiped back into children. Don't get much more incompetent than that.
Megatron shouldn't be on this list. He succeeded in the movie and killed several autobots on his own. Plus he killed Prime the first time

Megatron succeeded in resulting in enough Autobot casualties (The Movie) to rule him out of this thread.
latest

-----

Cobra Commander (I love him) failed so often that he was replaced by that God aweful Serpentor.

so Cobra Commander gets my vote due to his demotion and lack of loyalty from the rest of Cobra.
hqdefault.jpg

Ok? How do I do that? Is creating a sex pot Smurf to exploit better or worse than dropping toxic waste into the ocean? And by how much is it better or worse?

That's up to you to decide what you find worse. :)

I guess most people just recall all the dumb stuff villains did and missed opportunities they had.

Shredder gets treated like a bumbling idiot by Krang and for good reason in the cartoon he's basically a well dressed foot solider with more speaking parts.

zeemumu

Megatron.

Starscream is actively planning to usurp you and tells you constantly to your face. WHY IS STILL AROUND, MUCH LESS YOUR 2ND IN COMMAND

Platy

Dickdastardly.gif

Not really 80s but still sticks out.

Dick Dastardly by far

latest

What's really lame about him is that he keeps almost winning the races on genuine merit alone, but then insists on cheating just to make sure and then it backfires and he loses.

He is not the answer just because he is from the 60's

And if other eras are fair game, he would have a big fight with Wile E Coyote

I'm watching He-man now, and it definitely wasn't Skeletor. Beast man almost always fucked up his plans from working like a charm.

My vote is King Koopa from the Super Mario cartoon. His plans were always foiled by the simplest things.

louiedog

I'd agree with you if he wasn't so good at falling up and assembling bootlickers

Look at where all of these cartoon villains are by the time the shows they're in start in terms of power, wealth, and being surrounded by bootlickers. I think we're just watching the stage before the pilot.

Zubz

Banned
I don't want to say it's Skeletor because he has an enthusiasm towards his work, & values his henchmen stealing books over jewels because he knows knowledge is the greatest treasure of them all!

DBZ's anime started in '89, & I barely remember the original Dragon Ball. I know they didn't get too far into the series by '90, but that means Raditz counts as an 80's villain, right? I'm going to with Raditz.

linkboy

Adam could turn in He-Man right in front of Skeletor and Skeletor still wouldn't be able to put two and two together.

With that said, my vote goes to Dr. Claw. His plans kept getting foiled by a girl with a book and a dog.

Darkseid in Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show. He always lost to the lamest incarnation of the Justice League of America aka the Super Friends.

I don't want to say it's Skeletor because he has an enthusiasm towards his work, & values his henchmen stealing books over jewels because he knows knowledge is the greatest treasure of them all!

DBZ's anime started in '89, & I barely remember the original Dragon Ball. I know they didn't get too far into the series by '90, but that means Raditz counts as an 80's villain, right? I'm going to with Raditz.

But Raditz managed to kill Goku. The original villains I think all managed to get something up on Goku too. Pilaf is the hardest for me to remember, but I think he was the most incompetent.

nasax

First thing I thought of when I read the subject title was Dr Claw. He takes incompetence to a whole new level considering who he's going against.

Top Bottom