• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why all games MUST be like Borderlands (because I'm a viral marketer for Borderlands)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF caught a Borderlands viral. Borderlands.

Just imagine how many of these cats there are for companies like MS, Sony, etc posting here everyday.

Fredescu

I don't understand why they need to pay money for viral marketers when guys like Hazaro do the job for them. Nothing against Hazaro, but it's not like this game has been ignored here or anything.

jett

D-Member
fun times.

gregor7777 said:

Just imagine how many of these cats there are for companies like MS, Sony, etc posting here everyday.

Lots. Everytime I see someone wasting their time posting a thread with new screenshots of a really shitty looking game I get suspicious.

Fredescu said:
I don't understand why they need to pay money for viral marketers when guys like Hazaro do the job for them. Nothing against Hazaro, but it's not like this game has been ignored here or anything.

And he was terrible at it is the hilarious part. Even without being exposed, his thread was already making him look like an idiot. The fans who make sweet official threads and whatnot do ten times the job that morons like the OP do.

oh shit, they're all probably viral marketers :(

gregor7777 said:

Probably tons. Just stay critical and don't worry about it too much. I like to err on the side of trolling just to be sure.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's a pretty funny feeling. Normally it's just some fanatic with an obsession and allot of time. Then proceed to joke about how he is a viral marketer.

But we actually got a viral marketer this time. I don't know how to feel!

"Since breaking into the gaming industry, Master Lee had the distinct privilege of contributing to over 7 Game of the Year products on console, PC, handheld and even mobile. Back in 1999, he launched a social networking company, which was later successful acquired by a public company. He now enjoys being a catalyst in mixing gaming with social media."

He also makes shitty threads that do the opposite of what he's being paid for :D

And if you're going to be viral, shouldn't you use a different name than the one on your
site?:lol :lol

Number 2 said:
How do we know he was a viral marketer for Borderlands? He may have run a false-flag sabotage campaign against Borderlands. :lol

Oh shit, maybe he was hired by bobby kotick just for this reason. Or gabe newell...since Randy Pitchford was slagging off steam recently :lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
How do we know he was a viral marketer for Borderlands? He may have run a false-flag sabotage campaign against Borderlands. :lol

http://www.bardoentertainment.com/bios.htm

How much of this is bullshit?

Bizarrely completely unheard of Sega, Konami, THQ and Hudson exec, videogames champion, forefront father of social networking and worked on 7 GOTY's supposedly now resorting to viral marketing fucking Borderlands on NeoGAF? Teamed up with a Wallstreet billionaire of course and can't afford a website beyond the offerings of an eager DeviantArt teenage sex-slave?

Fredescu

Number 2 said:
Good point, he must have been hired by Infinity Ward.

duckroll

jett said:
Lots. Everytime I see someone wasting their time posting a thread with new screenshots of a really shitty looking game I get suspicious.

Look, I told you before. I am NOT a viral marketer for Mistwalker! :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
darkwings said:
Well yeah that's true, though I played it co-op with my brother on the second run, and it still wasn't that fun. But it could been because I first finished it with the AI.

Don't you have friends to play games with? I don't understand this "no co-op!" argument. Unless you have no friends, I can't see why you'd play ANYTHING alone instead of with friends.

And if that's the case, I think you have bigger problems...

Phloxy

For what it is worth the game is a lot of fun split/screen co-op, no frame rate drops or anything, well, on 360 at least.

Lol, you gotta wonder why he decided to even make this thread. The game has been getting quite a bit of hype on GAF. Why risk your exposing yourself as a viral just to post this? Though I guess to be fair if this is how you make a living you can't be all that bright to begin with.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
His thread history is interesting. Looks like he played dumb on his first thread and most of the others is gathering social data.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
CEO and PRESIDENT - Master Lee
Master Lee has 15 years of game industry experience and had held executive level positions at such companies as Sega, Konami, and THQ. While John most recently oversaw the successful relaunch of the Hudson Entertainment (a Konami subsidiary) games publishing unit, his roots are in game development. He created his first game when he was in 5th grade, and was once a national collegiate video game champion. Since breaking into the gaming industry, Master Lee had the distinct privilege of contributing to over 7 Game of the Year products on console, PC, handheld and even mobile. Back in 1999, he launched a social networking company, which was later successful acquired by a public company. He now enjoys being a catalyst in mixing gaming with social media. What he is a MASTER of hasn’t been fully understood, but we figure that it probably wasn’t that flattering to begin with.
Yet after all those years, all he comes up with is posting a shitty thread as advertisement. Thanks mate.

duckroll

thetrin said:
Don't you have friends to play games with? I don't understand this "no co-op!" argument. Unless you have no friends, I can't see why you'd play ANYTHING alone instead of with friends.

And if that's the case, I think you have bigger problems...

I don't see what having friends has anything to do with playing a game alone. You make it sound like every game has to be a social activity, which is really stupid honestly. This is not a "no co-op" argument at all, but instead it is about how shoehorning co-op into a single player game makes it weaker in general.

RE5 would definitely have been a more enjoyable game in single player if not for the shitty AI. There are plenty of reasons why someone might not play the game in co-op with a friend. Let's see some of them:

- RE5 is on the PS3 and 360, and is not cross platform compatible
- Xbox Live Gold costs money, and not everyone wants to pay for that.
- The game has disconnection problems online which I have personally encountered, even playing with people in the same country.
- Split-screen kinda takes away from the visibility of the complete screen.
- Time constrains, not everyone is available at the same time to play the same game.
- The game is still ultimately a narrative based experience, as opposed to one designed entirely for multiplayer.

So please, don't start slinging that shit about "OMG I'M SO SOCIAL WHY DON'T YOU GUYS FIND SOME FRIENDS?" because RE5 is the worst possible example of it. I don't think most people would even agree that adding co-op to the game made it better than RE4 at all. It's simply that playing it in co-op made it better than playing it with the AI, which was even worse. So here, clearly the design logic was flawed, and that is the core problem.

ezekial45 said:

It's fairly early on in the GT5 vs Forza III comparison thread I think, can't remember exactly what page. Bish said he used his MS coporate email to sign up for GAF or something like that, lol.

Either way, I'm sad that this ridiculous thread has turned up the "do not want" dial to 11 for a lot of people. I hope it's a big hit for Gearbox.

Firestorm

Himuro said:
1. It's not that I don't have friends, it's just that when I DO want to play games, sometimes I like to chill and relax and be by myself.

2. Co-op hampers single player game. I want quality, not more features. If a game is designed around multiplayer, then so be it. But stop forcing co-op in to my single player games. Apparently, from what I've heard, Uncharted 2 contains the best solution for this.

3. Most, if not all multi games are NOT cross platform.

4. Paying for online is BALLS.
This is a game designed around co-op. Free online on PC / PS3 so if you don't wanna pay for it get it on those platforms. PC in particular will have a ton of GAFfers to play with. And loot on your own like in Diablo if you want to.

ghostmind

Gearbox - I realize the fate of your company may rest on this title's performance, but there is such a thing as taking it too far. It's starting to smack of desparation.

I hope one incident like this can cause his whole little business to go under.

What company would hire this guy now for this bulllshit?

This thread could not have gone worse for the guy, Borderlands, or 2k.

Way to do what they paid you for, dude.:lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay GAF, I'm really happy for this thread, and imma let you finish, but Borderlands will be the best game of all time.

No, not really. At all. But don't let some infantile (and now banned) viral jackass turn you off of what looks like a really fun game. At least rent the thing if you were interested in it- letting one Fucktardsaurus Rex spoil the whole thing for you is a recipe for sad pancakes.

Himuro said:
Borderlands was on my "checking this out" list.

I could give two shits about Bombalands.

Like that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom