• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

why are gamers these days so sensitive ?

SHA

Perhaps it's because certain ie: a lot of people tie their identity to external stuff like music, movies, videogames you name it. So to criticize something they identify with directly criticizes a part of their very being. When one bases their sense of (group) belonging and derived pleasure from a certain external source, any criticism will directly come across as an attack and thus it's response is emotional based. And we all know how emotional mature some are when it comes to these types of situations.
Sounds immaturity that everyone went through it at least once in their early life.

SHA

i dont know , im a gamer since 1998 and everytime i was capable of talking about the flaws of a game with my friends without one of us getting mad , ofc its not reddit but still i bet even in real life you cant have a proper conversation with these people
Many are like that actually, can't share my opinion with them, too sensitive.

phant0m

Because gamer culture has basically become “complain and shit on everything” and it’s gotten very annoying. Ok, a game isn’t for you, move on and put your energy into something else.

Read any thread about hyped and popular games. BOTW? Overrated. Got a pass because Zelda/Nintendo. TLOU/2? Walking simulator. Too woke. HZD? Too easy and simple, repetitive encounters.

It’s fucking exhausting trying to discuss something you’re enjoying because someone always has to be the contrarian and tell you what you like sucks.

And you didn’t go into a larger gaming sub, you went straight to the game-specific subreddit. Imagine walking into an NFL stadium and saying “you know, football really isn’t that good. Too violent, they take way too long between plays for the ads, and the play designs are too simple.” People would rightfully ask “so what the fuck are you doing here? Go away.”

Last edited:
Seems like people are sensitive these days especially on social media unfortunately. It’s this crazy generation we are living in now. That’s the main reason so many individuals has to walk around eggshells, watch what they say and censor not to offend anyone online nowadays.

Last edited:
Feed into it. I love it when people disagree or even hate my views. Sometimes i piss people off on reddit just for fun and laugh my ass off at the triggered replies and down votes! They have no idea I'm doing it on purpose.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

And in a couple of minutes it got deleted but not before a couple of sensitive people told me to just move on if i dont like it and my criticism is ruining other's experience with the game

seriously ? thats all it takes to make you change your opinion on a game ?

Seriously? That's all it takes to make you get upset and make a blanket statement about a huge number of people?

Why are gamers who post on forums so sensitive these days? ❓

Humdinger

Gold Member
Reddit is a highly sensitive and censorious place. If you're looking for an open discussion there, you're going to be disappointed.

Beechos

It's just the sign of the times.
This age of social media everyone can be heard or seen.
Everyone wants to heard or seen.
When you hear or see something you can responding accordingly.

Some people here are oddly defensive against the OP LOL
The vast majority of surviving subreddits are basically advertising campaigns for companies, so I'm not surprised that any dissent is deleted.

Top Bottom