• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why did Jesper Kyd never do another Hitman soundtrack after Blood Money?

Jesper Kyd's soundtracks for Hitman 2 and Hitman: Blood Money are some of my all time favorite game soundtracks, but after Blood Money he stopped contributing the music, he didn't return for the reboot, it's sequel or it looks like the next one?

My question is why? Those soundtracks were a crucial part of what made Hitman "Hitman" to me.

hyperbertha

Honestly the new guy's soundtrack is pretty money to me. Jesper Kyd did great work in AC2 but his hitman work personally doesn't do anything for me. Did you play the new games?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Jesper Kyd's soundtracks for Hitman 2 and Hitman: Blood Money are some of my all time favorite game soundtracks, but after Blood Money he stopped contributing the music, he didn't return for the reboot, it's sequel or it looks like the next one?

My question is why? Those soundtracks were a crucial part of what made Hitman "Hitman" to me.
I don't even remember to have anything memorable. Honestly AC2 was peak of his creation. And I don't think you can just creating music, if you are not up to that, that shit is heavily inspiration driven.

I didn't even know he worked on these games.
Vermintide and Darksiders 2's soundtracks are ace though, so I'm always happy to listen to more of his works.

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it always felt as though there was a falling out between IO and Kyd. Why do I say this? Because IO knows that the fans want Kyd back. When we begged them NOT to recast 47, we also begged for Kyd to return. At least they got Bateson back but Kyd's music is sorely missing in the new games.

Edit:
According to this interview, IO didn't ask him to return. :\

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

It would be cool indeed

KOMANI

KOMANI
I didnt know Jesper Kyd did anything else other than the Adventures of Batman & Robin. Cool to know.

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it always felt as though there was a falling out between IO and Kyd. Why do I say this? Because IO knows that the fans want Kyd back. When we begged them NOT to recast 47, we also begged for Kyd to return. At least they got Bateson back but Kyd's music is sorely missing in the new games.

Edit:
According to this interview, IO didn't ask him to return. :\

This is what I don't understand is why they haven't even asked him to come back.

Now that's a mistake. Imo new trilogy is the best it has ever been. It could have no such thing as music and still be the best for me.

I want to and I own them, but it's hard to find the time, there's just so many games these days.

HE1NZ

Banned
Honestly the new guy's soundtrack is pretty money to me. Jesper Kyd did great work in AC2 but his hitman work personally doesn't do anything for me. Did you play the new games?
Heh, it's exactly the opposite for me. His Hitman scores have a unique vibe to them, but AC sounds a bit generic.
Favorite tracks:

cireza

Red Zone on MegaDrive is fantastic. These is also a soccer game on MegaDrive with an awesome soundtrack from him.

PresetError

Neophyte
I think the new Hitman music with its electronic vibe and minimalistic approach gives the game a great personality. Niels Bye Nielsen is doing a superb job IMO. I've loved to pieces every Hitman trailer since 2015 and a big part of that is the use of music.

I like music in games and Jesper Kyd is great and all, but I wouldn't exactly swear off playing game on the basis of not my soundtrack. 🤔

When you have a million other games to choose from a good soundtrack can be that extra incentive to get you to pick something over something else.

But don't worry, I will definitely play the new games... eventually.

Top Bottom