• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do PS4 copies of LEGO Movie Videogame say "Only on PlayStation"?

graywolf323

sounds like someone screwed up with the box art, Sony doesn't produce all the PS4 games do they? wouldn't this be on Warner Bros?

Oh wow. That's not good.

you realize that one at least is generic promo art right? wait for the actual release of Thief to see if it still has it

Oppo

i guess "this disc's utility is limited to the specifically indicated proprietary sony product" didn't fly as a tag-line

I don't know why. looks fine to me

fOmMr1Y.jpg

This is very deceptive and they should stop doing it.

Having said that, I thought they basically did this if there is anything "exclusive" about it. Does it have a PS4 exclusive level or character (probably not). Does it make use of the PS4 touchpad or light bar? If so, "Only on Playstation"!

fernoca

Didn't noticed until now. But yeah, just a printing error as there's nothing exclusive or content that is only in the PS4 version.

Thief is just a promo boxart made by Gamestop so it's another (kind of) mistake.

Fusebox

Banned
I like it, run a campaign called 'Only on playstation' and just plaster it on everything.

It reminds me of a story I was once told, that the company that supplies all their meat to MacDonalds is named 100% Beef, giving them the right to write 100% Beef on their burgers which didn't contain 100% beef.

Richie

A fat lot of good it's done, though; the game's versions currently sit like this in Amazon:

#13 - Xbox 360
#43 - Wii U (!!)
#45 - 3DS
#107 - PS3
#110 - Xbox One
#151 - PS4
#817 - Vita

Caayn

That's certainly weird. It's not DLC, otherwise it would have the white/gray "exclusive content" banner.
maybe Lego Movie released a month or so earlier on PS4?
Afaik all version were released on the same day. As for the Bioshock picture, later copies missed that "exclusive to ..." tagline just like a few other games.

Nymphae

Banned
Could be exclusive DLC, a few multiplatform games on PS3 said "Only on PlayStation" if it had exclusive DLC if I recall correctly.

If that's the case they're not doing a good job of making that clear. I was under the impression in the past that this label was only used for games that were, you know, only on playstation.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Could be exclusive DLC, a few multiplatform games on PS3 said "Only on PlayStation" if it had exclusive DLC if I recall correctly.

Assassin's Creed IV PS4 has exclusive DLC and doesn't say "Only On Playstation" on the package. My copy doesn't even have the "Exclusive Content" banner.

spoonman

Banned
Microsoft has some of these also. Most were timed exclusives, but many stores still stock 360 games that shows labels stating "ONLY ON XBOX 360". They should really change them...

ALAN WAKE
Xbox360-AlanWake-vgo.jpg
Alan-Wake-Cover-PC.jpg

BIOSHOCK

Xbox360-Bioshock-vgo.jpg
PS3-Bioshock-vgo.jpg

MASS EFFECT 1
Xbox360-MassEffect-vgo.jpg
3418alsh3er.jpeg

Plus others I don't own such as GTA Episodes from Vice City.

Quoted images , thanks BrhysH.

BraXzy

Sorry dude, I didn't mean to bog down your AOL connection.

Yes, I know they were exclusives when they came out which is why I said "timed exclusives".

What a pleasant fellow. It takes 2 seconds to shove the images into a quote box which auto-resizes them. Which is longer than it took for me to scroll down your post.

Top Bottom