• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do so many people choose bowl over burrito at Chipotle?

PSYGN

About 3 to 5 years ago when I ate there I would get the bowl and if I ordered online they had the option to toss in some tortillas for free. I would rip the tortilla and wrap the food with it and be able to stop at any point and eat it later.

Last edited:

Dark Star

The bowl tastes better and is more fresh because the lettuce and sauce and everything is layered. In the burrito it just turns into mush. I prefer the bowl because I eat all the toppings and easy. Burrito is too big and messy

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Their tortillas are disgusting. That's probably the real reason why.

Secondly, nobody there seems to know how to fill them or wrap them properly, so first they are spilling out everywhere as it is too loose and then you get a lot of bites with just one ingredient at a time.

They suck now anyway, just go to a real Mexican place or at least Rubios if you're going to overpay for a burrito, although if you're doing the latter you'll be still better off going to a Greek place.

americans are misguided and are carb-phobic, but then slather on giant glob of sour cream and get extra cheese....hint: the sour cream and cheese is what gets you!!!

if only you knew how much carbs french and italians eat ....
American's are definitely not carb-phobic.

Ikutachi

The average person isn't going to be health conscious at Chiptole nor worry something has too many carbs. People still blame butter what bread did to them.

Coconutt

Ya for Qdoba Burrito>Bowl.... But actually the secret tech for Qdoba is the Grilled Quesadilla.

o.jpg

Very insightful video I'll give the quesadilla a whirl next time I go.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I didn't realize until way too late that bread/tortillas have a ton of calories. I'd always assumed that because they taste so plain, that it was low-calorie filler. Basically:

Michael Cera Bread Makes You Fat GIF

poodaddy

I always just go for the least messy option. I prefer to eat with utensils over my hands whenever possible, just kind of how I've always been. I'm also the weirdo who abhors ice cream cones, they just get your hands all sticky and gross.

Gotta be pure.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I always just go for the least messy option. I prefer to eat with utensils over my hands whenever possible, just kind of how I've always been. I'm also the weirdo who abhors ice cream cones, they just get your hands all sticky and gross.

Gotta be pure.
Burritos aren't any more messy than a burger or slice or pizza especially chipotle because they're wrapped in foil. How do you feel about crawfish and crab legs?

Top Bottom