• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do you dislike Hilary Clinton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

A joke, I'm pretty sure.

But yeah it does become hard to tell...

blog_who_lies_more.jpg

Hell, even Googling "most honest politician" returns... Clinton as first result xD Google a shillary cuck confirmed!
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=most honest polician

This is a rather dishonest spin on what actually happened. I dare say it is downright false.

Yeahhhh I don't think you have, if you honestly still think Hillary is coming for your video games.

That chart is a horrible look for all politicians.

I have always voted against against anyone running that supported the Patroit Act or War on Iraq.

I won't vote for Trump so I'll write in Bernie on the presidential vote, vote against any congressmen who supported that either of those dealbreaker issues and then for the leftovers I'll vote Democrat down the ticket.

You might as well just vote third-party then. I don't think Bernie wants write-in votes.

I dislike her because of her history of being rude to and treating the people who protect her like shit (Secret Service). I'd rather her as President than Trump though.

Haha, is this true? I keep getting a stronger and stronger feeling that the show Veep was heavily inspired by her. I say this as someone who generally like her, as far as US politicians go

Sinfamy

Elizabeth Warren is more useful in her current position, this should be incredibly obvious. That people wanted her as VP as well to Clinton or Sanders is even more insane to me, as if those calling for it don't understand how toothless that post actually is.
Haha, I laugh every time I see this.
Absolutely ludicrous.
Implying she wouldn't appoint people like her in all positions, and get things done better.
Implying as a president she wouldn't have more power and authority then the head of a federal organization.

Haha, is this true? I keep getting a stronger and stronger feeling that the show Veep was heavily inspired by her. I say this as someone who generally like her, as far as US politicians go

Apparently the Veep people have politicians (from both sides of the aisle) tell them they are doing a great job of skewering the other party.

Cipherr

"Manufactured" is a useless and unsubstantial criticism

He also completely abandons that claim later by admitting she is completely qualified for office but it just 'doesnt matter' to him. Shit like that is why I stopped discussing this matter honestly.

Its primarily just a bunch of horseshit and people going "But my feeeeeelings" surrounded by a handful of people who have actual reasons that have basis in reason.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Poor Jeb.
Seriously, he'd probably have a chance at beating Clinton in a GE, even if he got crushed in the nomination. I don't like Jeb, but he was by far the least despicable GOP nominee of the whole bunch. Kind of crazy to think about.

Sure, but it does highlight the "she's a liar!" criticism as extremely shallow. You might as well say "she is a politician!". Like, okay, got anything that's particular to her or what.

Absolutely ludicrous.
Implying she wouldn't appoint people like her in all positions, and get things done better.
Implying as a president she wouldn't have more power and authority then the head of a an organization.
They were talking about her being VP, not president... I think she'd have been great in both, personally, but I can see the argument why she's better off in the Senate too, I guess.

Xe4

Banned
It's 100% true. I also know that George W and Obama are the complete opposite.

If so that's shameful. Do you have a source that's not a conservative outlet? I looked and couldn't find one.

As other's have said, not really. The lower half of that chart ain't bad. If you were under constant scrutiny, your score would look about as bad as at least Obama's. People lie, remembered facts, and other stuff. That's just human psychology 101.

Absolutely ludicrous.
Implying as a president she wouldn't have more power and authority then the head of a federal organization.

As president, yes. As VP not so much. And as someone who themselves got swept up in the Warren for VP push, I think she's still in an excellent position as a senator.

jmdajr

Seriously, he'd probably have a chance at beating Clinton in a GE, even if he got crushed in the nomination. I don't like Jeb, but he was by far the least despicable GOP nominee of the whole bunch. Kind of crazy to think about.

They fucking buried the guy on immigration reform. It's bullshit but he was a realist on that issue.

"He kept us safe", didn't help, but he was doomed on that front.

I mainly don't like her for practical reasons. I don't think the Dems should be risking the presidency by nominating a candidate with such historically high unfavorables. They lucked out big time this year with the GOP nominating someone even worse but it will likely bite them in the ass come 2020 assuming the GOP doesn't freak again.

She isn't Elizabeth Warren.

While President Warren would be awesome, I don't think the US is ready to elect such a liberal candidate. Hopefully eight years of Clinton lays the groundwork for President Warren.

It's 100% true. I also know that George W and Obama are the complete opposite.

I would be interested in reading up on this. Do you have any links to such stories?

Apparently the Veep people have politicians (from both sides of the aisle) tell them they are doing a great job of skewering the other party.

Haha such tonedeafness about your own party's issues sounds pretty typical of American party politics

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Listening to her talk is grating, and she comes across utterly ingenious...but she's running against Trump so it is what it is, I'll vote for her.

FiggyCal

Banned
Her laugh and smile comes off as incredibly fake.

Actually pretty much everything she does seems fake. Like even when she is probably rightly upset at Trump, it seems feigned.

Xe4

Banned
I've had coworkers who were previous Secret Service, or have been on Secret Service details in the past.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying you're a liar, but I'm not going to change my opinion on Hillary because of some random guy over the internet. I have to base my opinions off evidence, or at the very least journalistic integrity (anonymous sources being vetted and stuff). You may very well be telling the truth, but I can't confirm or deny that.

Listening to her talk is grating, and she comes across utterly ingenious...but she's running against Trump so it is what it is, I'll vote for her.

Being ingenious is a positive trait... did you mean something else?

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying you're a liar, but I'm not going to change my opinion on Hillary over some random guy over the internet. I have to base my opinions off evidence, or at the very least journalistic integrity (anonymous sources being vetted and stuff). You may very well be telling the truth, but I can't confirm or deny that.

Not to mention this has to be the third or fourth member on GAF I've heard mention they had a friend or family member who was on Clinton's secret service detail. Even for a forum with as large of a userbase as GAF, that seems high.

Her laugh and smile comes off as incredibly fake.

Actually pretty much everything she does seems fake. Like even when she is probably rightly upset at Trump, it seems feigned.

I don't understand how anyone that watched the debate could feel like she came off as fake. I've seen that look on the faces of many of my female friends when some asshole guy tries to talk over or belittle them

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying you're a liar, but I'm not going to change my opinion on Hillary over some random guy over the internet. I have to base my opinions off evidence, or at the very least journalistic integrity (anonymous sources being vetted and stuff). You may very well be telling the truth, but I can't confirm or deny that.

Yea that's completely understandable. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion of her, I was just listing my reason for disliking her.

I used to work for HSI. Some of the Special Agents I worked with were prior Secret Service. Hell, my wife was just on a Secret Service detail last week at the UN General Assembly.

FiggyCal

Banned
Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying you're a liar, but I'm not going to change my opinion on Hillary because of some random guy over the internet. I have to base my opinions off evidence, or at the very least journalistic integrity (anonymous sources being vetted and stuff). You may very well be telling the truth, but I can't confirm or deny that.

I think he means ingenuine... which is apparently not a word

Eidan

I think one of the guests from the recent Frontline special on Clinton and Trump nailed anti-Clinton sentiment among men very well.

"She's the wife that went back to college and got a better job than her husband".

Clinton has been eliciting irrational levels of hate ever since her days as first lady of Arkansas. And most of it I feel is rooted in guttural disdain for highly intelligent, upwardly mobile women.

tkscz

I just stopped caring about presidents and started putting my focus on Congress. Don't care who wins Presidency, as long as we have a logical, sensible Congress, we could be in good hands. Instead we have a cluster fuck and it would remain a cluster fuck even if Hillary was elected because no one seems to give a shit.

gogosox82

• I don't like her foreign policy.
  • I don't like her past support for the prison industrial complex(support for three strikes and other crime bills Bill Clinton passed in the 90's).
  • I do think she is for TPP and trade deals in general that hurt the middle class.
  • She is so secretive. I think I understand why (she's a politician and sometimes you need to be deceptive and years of being hounded by right wing media) but that doesn't mean I have to like it when she is clearly obfuscating or trying to be deceptive when just being honest would have made it an non issue.
  • She voted for the Iraq War.
  • She Voted for the Patriot Act.

That said, I will still vote for her because she 10 times better than Trump and hope to push her to the left over the next 8 years.

Acorn

I think he means ingenuine... which is apparently not a word
I think he meant disingenuous..

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
This "political dynasty" argument feels pretty misogynistic to me. Like the only reason she has done well is because of her husband, and not due to all her work throughout her career

I'd like to add this to my list even though it is, again, not her fault. 99% of the criticisms levied against her are freaking waved off as misogyny/sexism.

I've got the same problem with the Bush dynasty. It's a principle. I'm not saying she hasn't earned it (nobody inherently "deserves" this job anyway, get that entitlement out of here). It's just terrible optics because it's hard to look at it from the far away and see anything but institutionalized nepotism.

If I were to tell you that 4 out of the last 5 presidents of, I dunno, any random 3rd world nation (that I don't want to name because if they don't have presidents GAF will jump in my ass) were from the same 2 families... I think it's pretty safe to say that would, at least, raise your eyebrows a bit.

There are several reasons not to like Clinton one of which is a terrible one, which is, she's a woman.

I had the unfortunate experience of being a Trump supporter and he rambled on about Benghazi, and lies etc. And then said, "regardless a woman doesn't belong in office. "

I wanted to punch him in the face but I walked away.

To me she seems very run of the mill career politician without the slightest hint of personality. A robot programmed by whatever special interest group has paid for their time slot to spout benign soundbites. Every time she talks it's like listening to the recording on a support line. Unless I've got a nice business card with a successful brand name on it, I doubt I'm a big priority to her beyond my vote.

But anyone in comparison to Trump is practically the second coming of Jesus so the choice is obvious. I may not expect Hillary to make things much better but I dont expect her to let them get any worse, either. At least she's a well programmed robot. Trump on the other hand will fuck everything up and get somebody nuked.

Xe4

Banned
I'd like to add this to my list even though it is, again, not her fault. 99% of the criticisms levied against her are freaking waved off as misogyny/sexism.

I've got the same problem with the Bush dynasty. It's a principle. I'm not saying she hasn't earned it (nobody inherently "deserves" this job anyway, get that entitlement out of here). It's just terrible optics because it's hard to look at it from the far away and see anything but institutionalized nepotism.

If I were to tell you that 4 out of the last 5 presidents of, I dunno, any random 3rd world nation (that I don't want to name because if they don't have presidents GAF will jump in my ass) were from the same 2 families... I think it's pretty safe to say that would, at least, raise your eyebrows a bit.

Right, but the Bush dynasty is actually a dynasty, stretching 4 generations, from Prescott Bush, all the way to George P. Bush. Shit, it even has its own wikipedia page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_family#President

The Kennedy Family is a dynasty too, they held national office for over 60 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_family

The Clinton's are just two politically active married people.
Here's their Wikipedia page, FYI. Note the differences.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_family

She's a rich old status quo American career politician. The fact that she's running against a Cartoon Chicken villain come to life doesn't make her likeable.

Hillary and Bill came from different families.

There is a difference between being born into a powerful political family and marrying into one. It makes sense to me that two people who share a passion for serving their country and trying to make it a better place would be a good romantic match

The One and Done™;218547161 said:
There are several reasons not to like Clinton one of which is a terrible one, which is, she's a woman.

I had the unfortunate experience of being a Trump supporter and he rambled on about Benghazi, and lies etc. And then said, "regardless a woman doesn't belong in office. "

I wanted to punch him in the face but I walked away.

i wish more trump supporters would punch themselves in their face :p

bounchfx

Let's follow you around and document everything you say meticulously for years and see what your score would be.

Obama's and Clinton's are fine.

what the shit kind of life do you lead where half of everything you tell people is a lie or half truth? It's absolutely not ok for politics to be this way, but there's really no way to fix it, so we deal with it. Doesn't make it alright :\

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Right, but the Bush dynasty, is actually a dynasty, stretching 4 generations, from Prescott Bush, all the way to George P. Bush. Shit, it even has its own wikipedia page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_family#President

The Clinton's are just two politically active married people.
Here's their Wikipedia page, FYI. Note the differences.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_family

Yes, one seems worse than the other. Partly because there's more history behind Bush, partly because we don't like conservatives. That doesn't change the fact that the odds of a husband and wife tandem being elected to the presidency should be extremely remote. That doesn't change the fact that the Clintons have amassed tremendous wealth as a result of their political careers (which, after so many millions, makes me recoil when I hear her compare her public service to teachers, firefighters, etc. Noooooo).

Time travel me back to 2000 and ask adult me if I'd be OK or repulsed by a law that prohibited family members of former presidents from being eligible for the presidency, I would've said I'm OK with that. Sounds like a check & balance situation to me. I mean, I understand that it would never happen but, if it did, I wouldn't be able to roll my eyes hard enough at anybody who decries the law for being oppressive or unfair to family members of former presidents.

I think it should've been a priority of the Democratic party for the past while to shuffle things up a bit. Her defeat in '08 should have triggered the party to move on and groom others. Instead, it kinda feels like the party has revolved around her since the election talk kicked up.

Hillary and Bill came from different families.

There is a difference between being born into a powerful political family and marrying into one. It makes sense to me that two people who share a passion for serving their country and trying to make it a better place would be a good romantic match

Seems like a bit of a disingenuous argument here. Real talk, if a Hillary detractor said something to the effect of "she's there because she married into it" I don't think that would go over very well.

What happened first? Political success or the marriage? Is a man's wife of multiple decades not considered a family member? This seems like a really arbitrary distinction. It's not like she was governor of Illinois or something while he was president then they hooked up. Weren't they married for ~20 years before Bill was elected?

Xe4

Banned
what the shit kind of life do you lead where half of everything you tell people is a lie or half truth? It's absolutely not ok for politics to be this way, but there's really no way to fix it, so we deal with it. Doesn't make it alright :\

Most everything you say is a half truth, exaggeration, or whatever. How many times can you remember where you stated a fact, to look it up and realize it's dead fucking wrong? I can't count the number for me. Human memory is faulty, and we're prone to not be truthful all the time, whether it is intentional or not.

Yes, one seems worse than the other. Partly because there's more history behind Bush, partly because we don't like conservatives. That doesn't change the fact that the odds of a husband and wife tandem being elected to the presidency should be extremely remote. That doesn't change the fact that the Clintons have amassed tremendous wealth as a result of their political careers (which, after so many millions, makes me recoil when I hear her compare her public service to teachers, firefighters, etc. Noooooo).

Time travel me back to 2000 and ask adult me if I'd be OK or repulsed by a law that prohibited family members of former presidents from being eligible for the presidency, I would've said I'm OK with that. Sounds like a check & balance situation to me. I mean, I understand that it would never happen but, if it did, I wouldn't be able to roll my eyes hard enough at anybody who decries the law for being oppressive or unfair to family members of former presidents.

I think it should've been a priority of the Democratic party for the past while to shuffle things up a bit. Her defeat in '08 should have triggered the party to move on and groom others. Instead, it kinda feels like the party has revolved around her since the election talk kicked up.

See my edit about the Kennedy family. There have been Kennedy's in office since 1943 to 2016, with a brief break from 2011-2013. It's not just because the Bushes are conservative.

And yes, a law banning people from becoming president because of their family ties is ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with a wife becoming president after her husband, particularly when both are very ambitious and politically motivated and got together for that reason. I see it as no different from a VP running after the president already ran.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Canada skates by this time...

*shakes fist at the Trudeau's*

Xilo

In response to your GIF. She looks like a robot with planned code during that "reaction."

post-54619-seinfeld-elaine-fake-fake-fake-2sgd.gif

What exactly is fake here? I watched her do this live at the DNC, unless you are implying someone hacked the stream I was watching to make her look bad....which seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom