• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do you think Playstation is Hiding their First party games?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Who cares how they choose to reveal games. I don’t look too much into it.
Sony is the Standard when it comes to releasing games. They know what they have to do and how to do it. On PS

If you make an excuse that "Sony is in no rush to show us games" when they literally rushed out 4 CGI trailers to show us games? Yea, big L moment for you.

I'll put on my tin foil hat and say they're saving all their ammo for after Xbox's show. So maybe another showcase later in the year?

A part of Sony's infamous "bleed them out strategy" as @HeisenbergFX4 once put it.
I'm actually buying into this rumor the more I think about it. Like someone else said, back in the good old days we used to expect first party games to show up all over the place.

So just think, what would be more hype than one show case during the summer?

You guessed it, a second showcase late in the summer, ONLY showing finished/semi finished gameplay of upcoming first party games.

Is it unrealistic to imagine that? Sure, for the most part. But I could see that happening.

They don’t need to show them. The PS5 has given almost no reason to justify its purchase yet look at well it did sales-wise. They’re smart to wait until there’s actual pressure to show something new.

coffinbirth

They had reveals from 3 internal studios: Haven, Firewalk and Bungie
I mean, we knew all three of those studios were working on GAAS titles, but sure. Not exactly who comes to mind when you say Sony internal studios when all of the ones we DO think of had nothing to show at their first big showcase in two years. In fact, all three of those studios were bought since then.

Last edited:

Woopah

I mean, we knew all three of those studios were working on GAAS titles, but sure. Not exactly who comes to mind when you say Sony internal studios when all of the ones we DO think of had nothing to show at their first big showcase in two years. In fact, all three of those studios were bought since then.
I think it can be accurate to say the show didn't include the studios you personally found interesting.

But saying "They couldn't muster ONE new reveal from an internal studio???" is simply not true.

Ev1L AuRoN

For once, because they don't need them yet, I just hope Microsoft kill it on their showcase and put some pressure on Sony, that way we will know soon enough about the heavy hitters.

Microsoft has a real oportunity here to gain mindshare and do some damage on Sony.

coffinbirth

I think it can be accurate to say the show didn't include the studios you personally found interesting.

But saying "They couldn't muster ONE new reveal from an internal studio???" is simply not true.
Yes, Correct, sure. But I then said there were no surprises. That still rings true.
We knew all three of those studios were working on GAAS titles, and all of those studios were purchased since their last showcase and were likely multiplat titles just a mere year or two ago, respectively.
You can point out semantics, Bungie not being an internal studio, for instance, but the sentiment is the same. It was a piss-poor showing.

Woopah

Yes, Correct, sure. But I then said there were no surprises. That still rings true.
We knew all three of those studios were working on GAAS titles, and all of those studios were purchased since their last showcase and were likely multiplat titles just a mere year or two ago, respectively.
You can point out semantics, Bungie not being an internal studio, for instance, but the sentiment is the same. It was a piss-poor showing.
I definitely think there would have been a better reaction if there was a Bend, Sucker Punch or Housemarque game there.

coffinbirth

I definitely think there would have been a better reaction if there was a Bend, Sucker Punch or Housemarque game there.
Or Santa Monica Studio, Asobi, Media Molecule, Bluepoint, Firesprite... it's crazy. They'll show CGI bullshit for GAAS games, which arguably NEED gameplay footage, and yet not even a whiff of games that should be close to release, let alone revealing. It's confounding.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What's happened is obsession over framerates. Where if a game has only 30fps mode you get trolls on the boards focusing in on that everyday until release saying they ain't buying it because it a slideshow

So, if you want games that look like Horizon FB, TLOU 2 and better running a 60fps and even 120fps now they know it's possible (the goal post moves) then you're gonna have to wait a very long time for them to optimize their games to run at that frame rate and also expect a lower output of games from the studio as their development is extended to ensure they can offer high performance mode at launch.
FTFY

Mozzarella

I dont know, i actually dont work in marketing so i couldnt guess the strategic 4D chess plan behind these moves.
All i know is that the showcase FUCKING SUCKED!

Top Bottom