• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does Microsoft have to say "Hispanic and Latino" in the Gamepass main menu, why do they have to racialize this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svbarnard

Banned
Take a look at the picture, can you imagine if it said "White and Caucasian" instead? Am I the only one who thinks this is racist, isn't this racial segregation? Everyone at Microsoft is drinking the woke Kool-Aid.

And are they intentionally racializing this? Absolutely. Here take 1 minute out of your day and watch this little clip where you will see Microsoft employees introduce themselves by stating their race and gender, you'll literally see a man say "hi, I'm a Caucasian man and I go by he/him". Microsoft has got to be one of the most woke companies in the world right now. It's ridiculous!!!!

Take a look at the second picture, I saw that on my Xbox main menu during Hispanic heritage month. Can you imagine if it said "Curated by White and Caucasian communities" instead? This is just racism plain and simple let's call it out for what it really is. Microsoft needs quit this bullsh*t.

e69bdS1.jpg
TVUQkPW.jpg

Last edited:
Because now they can't be criticized for not doing that, it's about thinking 1 step ahead, because to them including such things in their promotional materials doesn't cost anything, in fact, they earn more because of the pander towards specific groups of people.

svbarnard

Banned
Can you imagine if it said "Curated by White and Caucasian" communities instead? People would be prostesting in the streets saying that's WHITE SUPREMACY!!!!! Microsoft needs stop racializing this.

Banned
can you imagine if it said "White and Caucasian" instead?

Can you imagine if it said "Curated by White and Caucasian communities" instead? People would be f*cking rioting in the streets screaming RACIST!!!!!!

Can you imagine if it said "Curated by White and Caucasian" communities instead? People would be prostesting in the streets saying that's WHITE SUPREMACY!!!!! Microsoft needs stop racializing this.

C̷̥̗̑ǎ̴̭̖n̴̾͜͝ ̶̯̇y̸̪̥͆ǫ̸͈̑̀u̶͍͒͛ ̷͙̪̓̈́ī̸̼̻m̶̻̺̐̊ä̶̭̇ǵ̴̠̑ȉ̷̬̍ņ̵̚͘é̷̲̱ ̵̣͒̌i̷̟̲͠f̵̣̑ͅ ̴̞̀̒ḭ̵̣̒t̸̺̽ ̷̱̈́s̸͖̓̄a̵̹̽̈́ĩ̷͎d̸̬̈́ ̸͖͒͝"̶̹͗ͅC̴̏͜ũ̴̬̿r̶̛̲̖̃a̴̙̕t̴͔̜̎̚e̵͖̭͑͛d̴̳̤̍ ̴̜̞̿̿b̶̖̉͝ẏ̷̬̫ ̷̙͌͂W̷̥͔͛́h̸͓̑̕i̶͍̯̔t̷̝͎̒͑e̶̛̗̦̓ ̸̦̟̽a̴̠͑ṇ̷̾͝d̴͎̞͌̿ ̴̖̇̆C̷̠̦̃ā̸̖́u̵̠̪͠c̶̰͕͌ä̷̛̤s̴̳̰̍i̶͓̕a̸̭̗̿͒n̷̛͔̹"̵̞̾ ̴̯̫́ć̵͖̓ȯ̸̢͜m̵̜͝m̴̬͒̾u̶̮̅̑ǹ̵̗ḯ̸̥͚t̵͖̾ḯ̴̩̙e̷̜̗͋͒s̸̘̈́͝ ̶͍̈͌ḯ̴͓̳̀n̴̬̏s̵̺͊t̸̡̢̏e̸̦̿͒a̶͇̔͘d̵͇́̍?̴̝̪̓ ̶͍͆ͅP̴̢͗̂ë̸̫̗o̸̯̟̽p̸͔̉l̷̙͐̒e̷͕̓̇ ̴̞̓͘w̷̧̗̎ō̵̟ͅṷ̶̓͜l̷̹͂́d̴̰͚̒͠ ̴͇̓̐b̶̢̦̏e̵͉͑̒ ̶̞̀͝p̵̯͝r̶̻̄o̷̱͇͘s̵̢̠͆ṱ̷͗̚e̶̝͒š̴͈̼͆t̶̢̗̚ì̵̛̺̮n̶̨̳͊ĝ̸̥͠ ̶̱̒i̴̪͌͠ṇ̶̟̈̾ ̴̢̾̆ṱ̴̼̔͘h̸̛̙͖e̴̡͝ ̷̡̤̇s̸̫̹̆̽t̷̼͝͠r̵̝͍̕e̵̱̓e̵̯̔t̴̬̳́s̷̜͊ ̶̜̈͋s̴̛̤͔̆a̷͍̗͒y̶̡̚ͅi̴̳̓͛n̸̰̫̉g̷̙̈́ ̸͙͉̎t̴̞̉ḩ̶̼̚a̸͎̗̐t̵͉͂͜'̷̱̎s̷̗͛ ̴̭̅̈́W̵͓̺̓H̶̩͎̀I̵̥͍͒͒Ț̸̈Ĕ̸̡͈ ̸̝̦́͂S̶̺͙͗U̷̧͕̒̈́P̷̢̞͗Ŗ̴̭̇̈E̴̘̕̚M̸̤̋͌A̶̪̿C̵͎͊͋Y̵̜̠͋͐!̶̼̍!̷̯̀͠!̵̦͝!̸̜͝!̴̜̃̊ ̶͈̖̑M̶̱͆ḭ̶̠͝ċ̵͍̫r̶̩̿̄o̴͔̊s̵̭̀͋ȯ̸̻̪̚f̴͔̄t̷̖̋̾ ̴̼̎n̷͙̒̑é̴̗͊ĕ̷̮̹́d̸̼̈́͋s̸̘̋̕ ̶͖̔s̷̤͑͝t̸̥̠̿͝o̶̖͖͊̍ṕ̷̡̰ ̷̥̜̽r̶̟͗͜a̵̠̲̅c̶̼̗̈́i̶̞͆a̸̫͕͝l̴͕͆͝i̴̪̣͠z̴͔͕̚i̴͇̽͒n̶̡̆̌g̶̭̏ ̵͇̀t̵̬̉̿ḣ̸͙i̴̛̝͚̐š̸̘̔.̵̯̦̆͠

Last edited:

mhirano

Take a look at the picture, can you imagine if it said "White and Caucasian" instead? Am I the only one who thinks this is racist, isn't this racial segregation? Everyone at Microsoft is drinking the woke Kool-Aid.

And are they intentionally racializing this? Absolutely. Here take 1 minute out of your day watch this little clip where you will see Microsoft employees introduce themselves by stating their race and gender, you'll literally see a man say "hi, I'm a Caucasian man and I go by he/him". Microsoft has got to be one of the most woke companies in the world right now. It's ridiculous!!!!

Take a look at the second picture, I saw that on my Xbox home menu during Hispanic heritage month. Can you imagine if it said "Curated by White and Caucasian communities" instead? This is just racism plain and simple let's call it out for what it really is. Microsoft needs quit this bullsh*t.

e69bdS1.jpg
TVUQkPW.jpg

MS did this just to annoy dumbass Musk fans. Or maybe it was to give people choice.

svbarnard

Banned
Are you actually upset by this or just being a shit tier troll?

No wonder the world is an absolute shit show when people get offended by shit like this.
khghDqy.png

Would you be offended if it said "Curated by White and Caucasian communities" instead?????

ACESHIGH

Banned
MS is American. Is their thing. Even when they do what their call "affirmative action" still feels racist and cringy as fuck to the rest of the world.

I also blame the American think tanks and commiefornia/New dork city college campuses that export these ideologies to the rest of the world.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Would you be offended if it said "Curated by White and Caucasian communities" instead?????
When is white heritage month?

Whenever that is they should absolutely put a Curated by White and Caucasian communities tab.

P.S
They didnt stop there.
They also decided to completely insulted the green rats by changing the classic green of the Xbox Nexus to this:
HHM-2022_Owned-and-Operated_1920x1080-3-2595582e128d350a6560.jpg

We cant keep letting them get away with this!
How dare they celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month.

It was bad enough these monsters even acknowledged Black History Month with their Black Voices community selection.
I forgave them for that because atleast they didnt completely get rid of the green on the Xbox Nexus so the green rats could still feel represented.
BHM-2022_Owned-and-Operated_1920x1080.jpg

But now they also want to acknowledge Hispanic Heritage month......how dare they!

Last edited:

Zug

Racial profiling is constitutionnaly forbiden in France, which raises issues in some cases, but is at least providing a legal protection from this kind of bullshit.
The relation the US -and the anglo-saxon world to an extent- has with the "race" thing is increasingly offensive/annoying seen from here.

Because now they can't be criticized for not doing that, it's about thinking 1 step ahead, because to them including such things in their promotional materials doesn't cost anything, in fact, they earn more because of the pander towards specific groups of people.
I think they did not do enough to secure better hispanic and latinX representation on their platform, and what they have is based on detrimental stereotypical views.

skyfall

I mean I agree, but these are getting old now. Anti-white progressive sentiment has been the 'in' thing for like a decade+ in the west now. how are you shocked by this just now?

Last edited:

svbarnard

Banned
The only people who complain about wokeness have nothing better to do. Legitimately who cares, I wouldn’t even know about this shit if it wasn’t for people complaining about. I’m sure microsoft appreciates the free marketing OP is doing
Well it was hard for me not to notice it, because "Curated by Hispanic and Latino communities" was front and center on my Xbox main menu, right in front of my face. This racism plain and simple!!!!! How can you guys not see that this is racism?

Look up what heritage month October was.
you mean this:
2022_harvard_heritage_calendar.jpg

Now if you look at a google search , a few from the top here is ones from Houston Texas:
February- African American/Black History Month, American History Month
March- National Women’s History Month, Irish American Heritage Month, Greek American Heritage Month, Gender Equality Month, Texas History Month, Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month, Ethnic Equality Month
April- Celebrate Diversity Month, National Arab American Heritage Month, Tartan (Scottish American) Heritage Month, Community Service Month, Earth Month, Autism Awareness Month
May- Asian/Pacific Heritage Month, Jewish American Heritage Month, South Asian Heritage Month, Haitian Heritage Month, Military Appreciation Month, Indian Heritage Month, Mental Health Month, Personal History Awareness Month, Speech and Hearing Awareness Month
June- LGBTQ Pride Month, Caribbean American Heritage Month, Black Music Month
July- French American Heritage Month, Independence Day (City’s celebration is back at Sam Houston Park in 2022)
August - Houston’s Birthday!
September- National Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 - October 15); German American Heritage Month (September 15 - October 15), National Guide Dog Month
October- Family History Month, Italian American Heritage Month, National Family History Month, Filipino American Month, Polish American Month
November- Native American & Alaska Native Heritage Month, National Native American Heritage Month

Notice the difference between the two? One actually includes more people in general and isn't dedicated to "favored minorities" and lgbt doesn't get 2 months. Instead you got Family history, Italian, filipiono, Polish, German Native American French American, etc....

Now I am against all this crap, but if you are going to do it, do it for everyone. Or just I don't know don't do it at all. Just celebrate history.... but the diversity equity industrial complex will not have that. There is money to be made and mentally sick people to fleece.

IT does nothing but promote segregation and division

I noticed Microsoft going this way years ago. Sony as well. These companies need to stop pushing bs and just make games for everyone.

Imagine the outrage if there was "Games for white people"... How is this any different?

svbarnard

Banned
MS is American. Is their thing. Even when they do what their call "affirmative action" still feels racist and cringy as fuck to the rest of the world.

I also blame the American think tanks and commiefornia/New dork city college campuses that export these ideologies to the rest of the world.
"woke ideologies" there fixed it for ya.

svbarnard

Banned
Dude, step out of your keyboard.
Not everything has to be a racist shit, like you make it out to be.
Ok I get it you don't think it's racist but can I ask you this, would it be racist if Microsoft had instead said "Curated by White and Caucasian communities"? People would be throwing a fit and screaming THAT'S WHITE SUPREMACY!!!!!

Last edited:

Majukun

it's not about race, it's about communities and culture

but the us definitions around these kind of things are at best murky for anyone outside said country

white is not a race and caucasian is an ethnicity

actually, a good chunk of american "whites" come from uk and ireland descent, and those are NOT caucasian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom