• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why I can't enjoy the ending of Naruto (big spoilers here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

Yea, but for while now, Orihime was the clear frontrunner.
Yea. She's the only one who ever confessed to anything. It should have been obvious. But all that shit got ignored fairly quickly and Ichigo didn't even hear it. Meanwhile, you have that sad ass goodbye with Ichigo and Rukia when Ichigo lost his powers that, despite all the bullshit leading up to that, actually managed to have some emotion. It kinda gave me hope, haha.

Oh well.
Like you were positive of Ichigo and Rukia? ;D
I'm well aware of my predicament! But Oda hints at it all the time. He's aware of the talk and it's in his mind. He'll make the right decision.

I'm bad with ships tho. Chihayafuru kinda killed me on that front. Poor Taichi.

theWB27

I'm not speaking on the quality of writing. I'm speaking there clearly being no one else for sasuke to end up with and no way that bloodline v disappears. Sasuke is far too proud to let that happen.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not speaking on the quality of writing. I'm speaking there clearly being no one else for sasuke to end up with and no way that bloodline v disappears. Sasuke is far too proud to let that happen.

Wasn't Karen still 100% up on his dick? I mean if all he cared about was finding an axlotl tank for the bloodline, she would work.

JeTmAn81

So Sasuke and Sakura ended up together? I never made it much past the beginning of Shippuuden. That's better than Naruto and Sakura being together, IMO.

Yup, terrible characters, terrible "romance".

Also I have no idea how Choji and Karui became a thing.

This is actually makes sense. We don't see what happens through that whole time skip. It would be less likely IRL if EVERYONE ended up with their childhood friend or something.

This shit is great, there's also one for Bleach.

Can't wait for OP ending and Attack On Titian.

Haha holy crap you're right. And I wanted to get stuff done today...

One Piece is something of a wildcard considering how firm Oda is on no romance. It's possible he'll follow the lead of Kishi/Kubo with certain characters randomly "ending up" together but who knows if he'll even commit to that?

Personally, I think his stance on it is a little odd, but there's more pressing issues with One Piece people are better off critiquing, love it as much as I do.

Or Ori for that matter...still fucking pisses me off.

Naruto and co. just casually visiting the lair of the Third Hokage's murderer in Gaiden still makes me lol

like...why?

The Adder

Banned
Is Sakura/Sasuke shit? Absolutely

Was it obviously the plan from the start? Absolutely.

Would Naruto/Sakura have been better? Fucking no. Sakura abused that boy's affection for her throughout the series.

Sakura and Sasuke are two terrible people who deserved to die alone, but if they're gonna be with anyone it might as well have been one another.

Redd

Sakura was a pretty terrible character who rarely developed besides pining after her crush. Never cared for her.

Ogodei

The only thing that made me mad about Bleach shipping is the utter lack of YoruSoi in the end (although given how it seemed like Jump was practically throwing Kubo out the door, we're probably lucky to have gotten the closure we got).

I must've written a novel's worth of stuff on Yoruichi x Sui Feng back in the day on ff.net. Official materials kept teasing it and all...

I liked NaruHina despite how undeveloped it was as a relationship. Basically to get at the best characters in the series (morally), you have to go back to the two people who liked Naruto for who he was as a person, and didn't just start liking him after he became useful, and that's Hinata and Iruka. In a story about a boy growing up who just wanted to be accepted by others, he ends up with the one romantic option that accepted him all along.

I agree with SomeRandomWeirdGuy. Sasuke/Sakura could have been done right, but they chose to just have her write off all the evil he did instead...

smurfx

get some go again
i still remember when part 2 started and many had hope sakura wasn't going to be useless anymore. she seemed okay and helped take down that puppet guy but that was basically the highlight and it was all downhill from there.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The kids we got look terrible

I actually laughed when I went to a naruto wiki and saw that in the Boruto series, Orochimaru has like a clone kid that hangs out with the other kids because of course he does.

Naruto' daughter looks TERRIFYING
happy_birthday_himawari_by_matutemissy-d94axlt.jpg

Keeps me up at night I know

Well yeah but Hinata is way better anyways.

Sasuke should have died a dozen times over in the story, yet he got a redemption plot he didn't earn.
No idea why Kishi felt he needed to pair every single character before the end with such weird pairings as Sai and Ino but also forever aloned Tenten.
Better than Bleach's, at least.
Shinigami don't even get kids with other shinigami as far as we know. Kubo just did whatever at the end.

daveo42

Banned
The issue OP is that you care about anything that happened after the time skip. The lesson here is to enjoy Naruto up to the point where Sauce leaves town to be emo with Orochimaru and then stop reading/watching/caring about anything after. It's not worth it, not even for some (1-2) of the pretty sweet fights.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's such a throwaway pair-the-spares storyline I can't figure out why it matters. It really doesn't.

Bleach's ending is way better because it torpedoed the fuck out of some contentious ships (completely off-screen) just so Kubo could say he did it.

Uzumaki Goku

The issue OP is that you care about anything that happened after the time skip. The lesson here is to enjoy Naruto up to the point where Sauce leaves town to be emo with Orochimaru and then stop reading/watching/caring about anything after. It's not worth it, not even for some (1-2) of the pretty sweet fights.

Time skip was fine till after Pain

I'm kinda pissed they didn't have Karen revealed to be Salad's mom and that Sakura was raising that kid in place of BOTH of her absentee parents. Sure, it would have destroyed Sasuke and Sakura's characters EVEN MORE, but it would have made more sense than them actually hooking up.

Better than Bleach's, at least.

Might as well say it has a better ending than Hunter X Hunter if you're gonna set the bar that low...

I can't think of any story where 'The ACTUAL final enemy is someone you never heard of in the entire story before this moment' was enjoyable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The last arc was kind of hilarious in that the level of power-ups that Naruto and Sasuke kept getting were so increasingly drastic and ludicrious because absolutely nobody ever would be able to beat them in combat.

Naruto almost kills himself taking out Kakuzu with the combination of his entire team helping. Soon after that, he beats all 6 bodies of Pain simultaneously despite the fact that Pain beat THE ENTIRE VILLAGE simultaneously because of a training he spent like 10 days on.

At that point it just ramps absurdly over and over. He gets the Fox power forcibly (in like a couple of weeks) which is enough for him to beat up the LEGENDARY RAIKAGE who is buffed with Infinite Chakra, by himself. He also beats several other kage buffed with the same power-up. Then he beats up Madara Uchiha, who buffed himself with the ultimate power, then beats up the progenitor of the ninja race (granted he gets help from Sasuke there). By at the end of the series, Naruto and Sasuke are almost literal Gods to the point that nobody could ever plausibly defeat them in combat, either in the current ninja world or even throughout the entire history of humanity, because he proved it. Naruto was 1-manning dudes that all 4 Hokage couldn't take on while they were given not only unlimited chakra, but they were also literally invulnerable and could recover from virtually any injury and regenerate any lost body part.

Like, at least in Dragon Ball, you could speculate there's literal deities that could beat Goku in a fight.

captainpat

A huge part of the problem is that Kishi is bashful when it comes to romance. He didn't write The Last, had to look away when Naruto and Hinata, the couple he had planned from the beginning, kissed and Boruto and gaiden, stuff he did write basically go back to Naruto/sasuke bromance. Even the new ninja storm game is doing something with naruhina and sasusaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom