• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why I can't enjoy the ending of Naruto (big spoilers here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah...

We all know Sasuke/Sakura is shit and Naruto/Sakura would make much more sense and is better. No offense to Hinata and all but eh idk she just never seemed like Naruto's equal, the same with Sakura with Sasuke. With Naruto/Sakura though idk, there was a certain level of "ok, I respect you now and we've changed from the past" type of thing. Naruto and Sakura's relationship has changed constantly from chapter to to the end of the series. Sakura and Sasuke though, man it really made her character worse. Again, no offense to Hinata but it's like her and Sakura's whole characters revolved around these dudes rather than how they were in other parts of the series. I miss the Hinata who fought Neji who was more than "that girl who likes Naruto", I miss the Sakura who was about becoming a better version of herself, I miss that shit.

Idk, Naruto had a lot of shitty problems with it, that was just one of them. We could go for years talking about all the problems the series had.

The issue being that to this day we have fans of that outcome pretending it was the best thing ever attempting to rationalize it when it generally could be boiled down to the simple fact that it was a mess and made no sense.

Like Bleach's ending, but don't get me started on that

cordy

Banned
The issue being is that to this day we have fans of that outcome pretending it was the best thing ever attempting to rationalize it when it generally could be boiled down to the simple fact that it was a mess and made no sense.

Like Bleach's ending, but don't get me started on that

Exactly.

It was ridiculous and that excuse Kishi used was stupid. I'm not even going to get into it but as someone who usually doesn't care about pairings, when I saw where it was heading and then I looked back at Sakura and Hinata's characters I was upset. Just insane.

rambis

Banned
Sasuke telling Naruto to save Sakura once holds little weight against everything that happened since.

You mean pariah, not leper.

What her intent was means nothing to what she ended up being, which was the 'heroine' of the franchise who got to stick around for the final battle . In that sense, its even worse because she got screentime and ended up being pointless as a character outside of her disgusting one sided attraction that was retconned in like the last 2 chapters.

Sasuke considering her a friend or thinking of her as a close comrade at one point in the same vein as naruto also doesn't excuse his treatment of her for the entirety of the series outside of those one or two instances where he ever focused on her to begin with, especially in comparison to her almost singular focus on him at the cost of her own character development, especially for some throw away romance which was never developed in the first place.

It can't be rationalized.

Especially when Kishimoto says things like 'i put in narusaku moments as red herrings HAHAHA!" no kishi, you being who wrote the story are not clever enough to pretend that can you have red herrings for plot points you didn't even properly develop to fake out.

It happened multiple times. Basically every fight they got in saw Sausuke saving either Naruto or Sakura or both.

As far as his treatment of her, she was mostly annoying and not understanding of him all. Her only 1on1 interaction with him before he left saw her thinking it was a good idea to laugh at the fact Naruto was an orphan. She was going to put a stop to his chuunin exams when the only reason he even wanted to take the exam was to fight people. She was mostly a deterrance to his goals and he treated her as such.

Feels like a broken record but she didnt aimlessly follow him the whole series, I dont know what you mean by singular focus. As the Akatsuki ramped up and became the focus, Sasuke was basically forgotten for large parts of shippuden as the main characters battled them. When he finally came back in focus, she had resolved to kill him.

As far as red herrings, it kind of makes sense. Sakura's introduction to the series was that she likes Sasuke, literally. Hinata was the same with Naruto and she is supposed to actually represent Kishi's real life experience with his wife. Sakura getting popular was never part of the plan but once she did he decided to have fun.

Inuhanyou

^ You do realize that the point is exactly the same right? Sasuke Naruto sakura and kakashi all saved each other as a team. That in no way actually defends sasuke's treatment of them for almost the entire series especially Sakura who he hardly ever spoke words to until the cursed seal incident when he blatantly became an asshole with nothing to show for it until 699, more than a decade later.

Exactly.

It was ridiculous and that excuse Kishi used was stupid. I'm not even going to get into it but as someone who usually doesn't care about pairings, when I saw where it was heading and then I looked back at Sakura and Hinata's characters I was upset. Just insane.

"love in real life doesn't have to make sense, so writing doesn't either!"

But we don't really classify that in real life as 'love' technically speaking.

cordy

Banned
Sakura's introduction to the series was that she likes Sasuke, literally. Hinata was the same with Naruto and she is supposed to actually represent Kishi's real life experience with his wife. Sakura getting popular was never part of the plan but once she did he decided to have fun.

That doesn't mean it's good writing.
"love in real life doesn't have to make sense, so writing doesn't either!"

But we don't really classify that in real life as 'love' technically speaking.

I remember all of the NarutoForums threads on the pairings dating back to 04 when Sasuke left and it only got worse after the timeskip, got worse after he showed up, it just kept kept getting worse. Kishi's just, damn. I would have preferred if he just never mentioned relationships and years later he's like "they're together now" rather than him thinking he's going to connect all of it together like it makes sense.

You gotta use a Rube Goldberg machine to even attempt to understand both relationships.

rambis

Banned

I remember all of the NarutoForums threads on the pairings dating back to 04 when Sasuke left and it only got worse after the timeskip, got worse after he showed up, it just kept kept getting worse. Kishi's just, damn. I would have preferred if he just never mentioned relationships and years later he's like "they're together now" rather than him thinking he's going to connect all of it together like it makes sense.

You gotta use a Rube Goldberg machine to even attempt to understand both relationships.
I never said it was good writing but saying it makes no sense in it self make no sense. Ultimately, her still liking Sasuke after his turnaround is completely in her character. Even then she didnt readily accept him rejoining the group and questioned his intentions serveral times. You have to be pretty obtuse to not understand it.

Well, yeah, sure, both aren't going to get visitors. Bottom line is he was supposed to be treated as someone 'hated' village wide.
Yeah but it was also explained D1 that he was hated because he was the ninetails. It makes sense that it the children weren't aware of that then they wouldn't have hated him.

Even in the second chapter he is playing with Konohamaru. We see that Konohamaru's babysitter tries to discourage them from playing together, but it doesn't exactly work.

In the chuunin exams when we're introduced to his classmates, none of them hate him. So while the adults treated him like an outcast. There's nothing really to suggest that his peers treated him the same way.

cordy

Banned
I never said it was good writing but saying it makes no sense in it self make no sense. Ultimately, her still liking Sasuke after his turnaround is completely in her character. Even then she didnt readily accept him rejoining the group and questioned his intentions serveral times. You have to be pretty obtuse to not understand it.

I don't think you're getting what we're saying. Sasuke did pretty much everything he could do down to attempting to kill her and she still loved him. At that point, it's not a matter of if it's "in her character", it's bad writing point blank and it says a lot about her character in general. The fact is, Sakura used to stand up for herself and she wanted to become a better her but at the end of the day she's still broken. No matter what Sasuke did she was always there. From a character standpoint the girl's she's still the same girl who was whining in the Forest of Death.

The only way it makes sense is if Kishi outright admits Sakura's a damaged broken character. If he's going a different direction like it's been said repeatedly then no, it doesn't make sense because her attitude and actions prove otherwise. If it's outright admitted she's broken still then yeah, it's in her character.

What kind of character is Sakura to you at the end of the series?

Meanwhile on the other hand, Kishimoto also continued developing Naruto/Sakura parallels most notably with the characters Jiraya/Tsunade and Minato/Kushina (Naruto's parents) thus indicating that they were supposed to be the endgame couple.

...Didn't Tsunade have a fiancee? And it wasn't Jiraiya?

Uzumaki Kushina was introduced very late in the story. After the pain arc, which means it was after Hinata's standoff...and it was after Sakura's fake confession. I don't think a supposed parallel outweighs the most blatant things an author can do for pairings without outright saying it.

It all adds up to bad handling with the characters. Romance is something that happens in Naruto and was handled really poorly.

Did we read the same story? Rock Lee crushing on Sakura isn't designed to explore the facets of unrequited love. It was to establish Lee as a lame character, so there would be greater shock value to when he kicked Sasuke's ass.

It's a fighting manga.

rambis

Banned
I don't think you're getting what we're saying. Sasuke did pretty much everything he could do down to attempting to kill her and she still loved him. At that point, it's not a matter of if it's "in her character", it's bad writing point blank and it says a lot about her character in general. The fact is, Sakura used to stand up for herself and she wanted to become a better her but at the end of the day she's still broken. No matter what Sasuke did she was always there. From a character standpoint the girl's she's still the same girl who was whining in the Forest of Death.

The only way it makes sense is if Kishi outright admits Sakura's a damaged broken character. If he's going a different direction like it's been said repeatedly then no, it doesn't make sense because her attitude and actions prove otherwise.

What kind of character is Sakura to you at the end of the series?
What exactly did he do to her? Try to kill her as she was attempting to kill him? Sasuke mostly ignored the village and team 7 until the Kage summit.

I don't see how its bad writing just because you don't like one sided relationships. She wasnt always there. She decided to kill him. When he rejoined the team she questioned his intentions several times.

cordy

Banned
What exactly did he do to her? Try to kill her as she was attempting to kill him? Sasuke mostly ignored the village and team 7 until the Kage summit.

I don't see how its bad writing just because you don't like one sided relationships. She wasnt always there. She decided to kill him. When he rejoined the team she questioned his intentions several times.

You need to re-up on what happened. Sakura said she'd leave Konoha and go with Sasuke and he tells her to kill Karin and he'd do it, Sakura then aims her kunai at Karin and thinks "if I kill Sasuke it'll be over" but behind her Sasuke's seen about to stab Sakura with Chidori because Kakashi saves her. The difference is she's wondering if she can do it while Sasuke's literally about to kill her. Sasuke's whole plan to kill Karin was a ploy so he could kill Sakura. In the next chapter, Sakura's about to stab Sasuke but she says she couldn't do it. Sasuke on the other hand, has her again and he's about to kill her before Naruto saves the day. So to sum it up, while Sasuke thought about it and stopped herself from doing it the second time, Sasuke was going to kill her twice with no hesitation. It's two different things. She couldn't do it. He could do it.

What I've bolded is why you don't get it. If you gotta question what negative Sasuke has done to Sakura then man, I'm out I don't got the time. Sasuke's been horrible to her for most of the manga and if you don't see it then there's nothing else to even say about it. It's the most obvious thing about their "relationship" in the series. You can talk about her questioning his intentions but still being in love with someone who tried to kill you, twice, nah, that's ridiculous. That's bad writing especially when you look at how Sakura's supposed to be presented. Secondly, nowhere did I say I didn't like one-sided relationships.

This relationship is just bad writing. If you don't see it by now then God bless. This falls upon deaf ears and I'm years out of the "arguing about Naruto" game.

Inuhanyou

I know, i was there.

http://www.narutoforums.com/members/inuhanyou.113236/

In the manga... during the Chunin Exams.... Sasuke kinda did care for Sakura.

Unfortunately referencing a single arc in 15 years of manga where he tolerated her presence and treated her like a basic human being and wasn't outright trying to kill her isn't really saying much.

Oh boy, i really hope your not going to try and say 'she was trying to kill him too!' as an excuse. He tried to kill her at the beginning of part 2, and every time they met up afterward as well. Acting like the abuse is a two way street while he's choking her out and trying to stab her in the face is completely disgusting.

rambis

Banned
You need to re-up on what happened. Sakura said she'd leave Konoha and go with Sasuke and he tells her to kill Karin and he'd do it, Sakura then aims her kunai at Karin and thinks "if I kill Sasuke it'll be over" but behind her Sasuke's seen about to stab Sakura with Chidori because Kakashi saves her. The difference is she's wondering if she can do it while Sasuke's literally about to kill her. Sasuke's whole plan to kill Karin was a ploy so he could kill Sakura. In the next chapter, Sakura's about to stab Sasuke but she says she couldn't do it. Sasuke on the other hand, has her again and he's about to kill her before Naruto saves the day. So to sum it up, while Sasuke thought about it and stopped herself from doing it the second time, Sasuke was going to kill her twice with no hesitation. It's two different things. She couldn't do it. He could do it.

What I've bolded is why you don't get it. If you gotta question what negative Sasuke has done to Sakura then man, I'm out I don't got the time. Sasuke's been horrible to her for most of the manga and if you don't see it then there's nothing else to even say about it. It's the most obvious thing about their "relationship" in the series. You can talk about her questioning his intentions but still being in love with someone who tried to kill you, twice, nah, that's ridiculous. That's bad writing especially when you look at how Sakura's supposed to be presented. Secondly, nowhere did I say I didn't like one-sided relationships.

This relationship is just bad writing. If you don't see it by now then God bless. This falls upon deaf ears and I'm years out of the "arguing about Naruto" game.
I know exactly what happened. She went with every intention to kill him, even to the point where she conned Naruto and the rest of Konoha. She attempted to hype herself up to do it as shw walked towards him and she couldnt because of who she is as a character. It doesnt change the fact that she was there to kill him, she just was mentally weak. Meanwhile Naruto was basically in the same boat yet he was still ready to fight to the death with Sasuke which provided her both comfort and disappointment at her own weakness. Again, the worse thing Sasuke did was attempt to kill her while she was there to kill him.

I never said Sasuke didnt do anything bad to her but the worse thing he tried to her is the same thing she tried to do to him. So no, I don't get why this is supposed to be some point of no return. If you can't explain it any further then yes, God Bless....

I know, i was there.

http://www.narutoforums.com/members/inuhanyou.113236/

Unfortunately referencing a single arc in 15 years of manga where he tolerated her presence and treated her like a basic human being and wasn't outright trying to kill her isn't really saying much.

Oh boy, i really hope your not going to try and say 'she was trying to kill him too!' as an excuse. He tried to kill her at the beginning of part 2, and every time they met up afterward as well. Acting like the abuse is a two way street while he's choking her out and trying to stab her in the face is completely disgusting.
They only met at Orochimarus hideout and then the land of snow?? The only other time is when he rejoined the team.

Did we read the same story? Rock Lee crushing on Sakura isn't designed to explore the facets of unrequited love. It was to establish Lee as a lame character, so there would be greater shock value to when he kicked Sasuke's ass.

It's a fighting manga.

At the end of the day Kishi established Sakura liked Sasuke and completely dropped the ball on that and every other character that "liked" another, maybe with the exception of Hinata. Yes, it's focused on fighting like every other Shonen but outside of the fighting it's a mess. There are shonens that can do fighting and other stuff well.

brinstar

They should of had Sasuke warming up to Sakura more in the final act of the manga. It still wouldn't be great but even in the final chapters of the manga Sasuke ignores Sakura after Madara swats her, willingly allows her to plunge to her near-demise in lava and forces her to experience an illusion of him stabbing her to prevent her from following him to fight Naruto. Then they just skip to husband and wife lol

Red Devil

Never put much thought on the thing before the ending, except that unless anybody from that quartet died(which could've had happened) it was going to end the way it did but none of them died, so yeah.

But I have other issues with the ending of Naruto to be honest.

rambis

Banned
They should of had Sasuke warming up to Sakura more in the final act of the manga. It still wouldn't be great but even in the final chapters of the manga Sasuke ignores Sakura after Madara swats her, willingly allows her to plunge to her near-demise in lava and forces her to experience an illusion of him stabbing her to prevent her from following him to fight Naruto. Then they just skip to husband and wife lol
Maybe but that seems a bit OOC, he still doesnt show her much love even after they had Sarada. The whole point of gaiden was basically poking fun at their relationship.

This honestly sealed the deal for me. Sasuke stopping her fall and looking deep in her eyes. It was obvious they were the pair.

p_00019.jpg

Uzumaki Goku

As far as red herrings, it kind of makes sense. Sakura's introduction to the series was that she likes Sasuke, literally. Hinata was the same with Naruto and she is supposed to actually represent Kishi's real life experience with his wife. Sakura getting popular was never part of the plan but once she did he decided to have fun.

Actually, no, apparently his wife was the model for Sakura.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Oh god, I just realized that if Naruto was being a total creep, he could be playing the long game.

Letting SasukexSakura happen. Wait for their daughter to become an adult. Seduce Sarada. He can finally have a child with Sakura AND more importantly Sasuke.

This is anime/manga. I'm not going to discount anything.

Naruto, you creep.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh god, I just realized that if Naruto was being a total creep, he could be playing the long game.

Letting SasukexSakura happen. Wait for their daughter to become an adult. Seduce Sarada. He can finally have a child with Sakura AND more importantly Sasuke.
Naruto, you creep.

K...

Naruto, you creep.

why

Uzumaki Goku

Naruto, you creep.

The sad thing is Naruto/Sarada shippers do exist

Naruto/Sakura was garbage from second one, and I'll forever be happy that it crashed and burned. Sakura beat up on him like crazy and generally treated him like shit unless he was saving her ass from something. The only times she was ever interesting as a character was when she defended Naruto and Sasuke from the sound dudes and the Sasori fight, and even then, she wasn't stellar. She was always just "the girl on the team" and her huge fandom basically only exists because she's the female main character, and because girls self-insert onto her and pair her up with just about every guy in Naruto while guys self insert as Naruto and think Naruto should get whatever he wants.

Naruto deserved someone who always saw him for the guy he was, not someone who manipulated his affections against him.

And people that don't like Hinata because of how underdeveloped she is. Uh, hello? The whole fucking side cast is underdeveloped and underutilized as shit. Even the characters who get any sort of character growth, the growth sucks anyway (Hello Naruto and Sasuke). It's not HInata's fault she didn't get any fights, it's Kishimoto for some reason adamantly refusing to give women any decent fights in part 2 and then power creeping the hell out of the story so that only a small handful of characters even matter at all. Going off of core character traits alone, it truly boggles my mind that anyone could prefer Naruto ending up with someone who lusted after someone else for ages because of how pretty and popular they were versus someone who loved him the whole time for being an inspiration to her.

Ralemont

not me

Naruto, you creep.

I mean this is basically the Tale of Genji so it has cultural precedent.

Uzumaki Goku

Naruto/Sakura was garbage from second one, and I'll forever be happy that it crashed and burned. Sakura beat up on him like crazy and generally treated him like shit unless he was saving her ass from something. The only times she was ever interesting as a character was when she defended Naruto and Sasuke from the sound dudes and the Sasori fight, and even then, she wasn't stellar. She was always just "the girl on the team" and her huge fandom basically only exists because she's the female main character, and because girls self-insert onto her and pair her up with just about every guy in Naruto while guys self insert as Naruto and think Naruto should get whatever he wants.

Naruto deserved someone who always saw him for the guy he was, not someone who manipulated his affections against him.

And people that don't like Hinata because of how underdeveloped she is. Uh, hello? The whole fucking side cast is underdeveloped and underutilized as shit. Even the characters who get any sort of character growth, the growth sucks anyway (Hello Naruto and Sasuke). It's not HInata's fault she didn't get any fights, it's Kishimoto for some reason adamantly refusing to give women any decent fights in part 2 and then power creeping the hell out of the story so that only a small handful of characters even matter at all. Going off of core character traits alone, it truly boggles my mind that anyone could prefer Naruto ending up with someone who lusted after someone else for ages because of how pretty and popular they were versus someone who loved him the whole time for being an inspiration to her.

But what about Naruto's side?

Ray Down

Banned
Thank you. Hell, even if we go among people his own age, Naruto was way more friendly with guys like Shikamaru and Rock Lee by the time the Naruto Sasuke fight happened

Yup, Naruto Sasuke relationship is underdeveloped as all to somehow become the backbone to the series.

His first bonds were with Iruka and Hiruzen.

His relationship with Sasuke was a rivalry that Kishimoto randomly turned into a deep friendship when no one was looking.

Hard to say Hiruzen since in retrospect he fuck Naruto over.

But what about Naruto's side?

That's kinda what I was saying? Would you want to be with someone who beats you?

And you're literally discounting the whole, y'know, ending of the thing, considering he MARRIED Hinata so he kinda liked her just a little bit. Are you saying that that's not really Naruto? That there's real Naruto up till X point in the manga and after that it's just bad writing so it doesn't count? As presented in official materials, Naruto loved Hinata and so married her.

While Naruto's affections for Sakura were always a random crush, that existed solely to have another reason for there to be Naruto/Sasuke rivalry. Why did he like her anyway? Because she was pretty and smart? It was always shallow as hell, right from the beginning, while NarutoxHinata had real development and understanding right from when she helped him on the test in the Prelims and on.

EDIT: And yeah, the whole "Sasuke is my bestest friend ever" bullshit is the fucking worst. If there had never been any retcons, and it was exactly as presented up till the Retrieval arc I could maybe buy it, but then suddenly in all of the Squad's flashbacks, they were all buds with Naruto from a young age? What? Naruto's whole character was that he was lonely but the arc clearly shows him having fun with Shikamaru, Choji, and Kiba when they were in the academy as kids. They've been way better to you then Sasuke, man, why the fuck do you give a shit if he leaves the village? It basically taints all of Shippuden, because if you don't buy Naruto's friendship with Sasuke, then the whole thrust of Part 2 is moot. And again, I have actually read Naruto fanfiction that have done it well. You can keep the rivalry and have Sasuke leave still, but have them TRULY be friends and then boom it's actually really effective. But Kishi is a garbage writer.

Uzumaki Goku

That's kinda what I was saying? Would you want to be with someone who beats you?

And you're literally discounting the whole, y'know, ending of the thing, considering he MARRIED Hinata so he kinda liked her just a little bit. Are you saying that that's not really Naruto? That there's real Naruto up till X point in the manga and after that it's just bad writing so it doesn't count? As presented in official materials, Naruto loved Hinata and so married her.

While Naruto's affections for Sakura were always a random crush, that existed solely to have another reason for there to be Naruto/Sasuke rivalry. Why did he like her anyway? Because she was pretty and smart? It was always shallow as hell, right from the beginning, while NarutoxHinata had real development and understanding right from when she helped him on the test in the Prelims and on.

He said why he liked her in chapter 3

Verelios

Hinata is very developed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Naruto, you creep.
...Oh god, what has Manga-GAF done to this poor soul?

Uzumaki Goku

And then happens five pages later.

Yet SasuSaku sucks becase

but it's okay if Sakura does it to Naruto? Right from the beginning? And then the whole fake love confession to manipulate him in Shippuden?

Look the whole Sakura hits Naruto is meant to be played for comedy. Maybe it's not funny but that's up to you. Whereas Sasuke's treatment of Sakura is played for drama.

Also, Kishimoto never understood the backlash to that as he saw Sakura being honest. The words were not false.

Look the whole Sakura hits Naruto is meant to be played for comedy. Maybe it's not funny but that's up to you. Whereas Sasuke's treatment of Sakura is played for drama.

Also, Kishimoto never understood the backlash to that as he saw Sakura being honest. The words were not false.

So it's okay for a woman to be beat on a man because it's comedy?

And that interview (whose source I cant find) is okay but the one that says Sakura was never meant to be with Naruto, and Hinata was end game all along doesn't count?

Uzumaki Goku

So it's okay for a woman to be beat on a man because it's comedy?

And that interview (whose source I cant find) is okay but the one that says Sakura was never meant to be with Naruto, and Hinata was end game all along doesn't count?

But SasuSaku isn't comedy. And Kishimoto contradicts himself all the time. I don't believe anything that man says. He said Orochimaru became completely immortal. The fact that he had a mass murdering baby killing psychopath become immortal is GENUINELY disturbing.

rambis

Banned
Yup, Naruto Sasuke relationship is underdeveloped as all to somehow become the backbone to the series.

Hard to say Hiruzen since in retrospect he fuck Naruto over.
I don't think it was the backbone of the series. Sasuke was absent for very large parts of the story with no mention of him.

But even then I don't think it was underdeveloped. It was well established that they cared for each other. The difference being that Sasuke as per his character is able to cut off all attachments to achieve his goals and Naruto spent most of his life trying to create attachments and refused to let them go.

But SasuSaku isn't comedy. And Kishimoto contradicts himself all the time. I don't believe anything that man says. He said Orochimaru became completely immortal. The fact that he had a mass murdering baby killing psychopath become immortal is GENUINELY disturbing.

Something about this doesn't look right?

Scratching my head at people acting like Hinata did fuck all for Naruto before jumping in front of Pain and as if Sakura never cared.

I reread the manga like a year ago, but even that wasn't necessary to recall the fact Sakura begins changing her mind about Naruto almost as soon as they're put on the same team together. By chapter 40 she's willing to withdraw the team from the Chūnin Exams in order to preserve Naruto's dream of becoming Hokage - something that's undoubtedly would have pissed Sasuke off. She consistently showed and actual caring for Naruto's wellbeing and just importantly his dreams. When she found out about Kurama she cried for him. When she then found out Akatsuki would be coming for Naruto she was distressed and feared for him. When Naruto went 4 Tails and turned berserk she ran straight at him knowing he was in pain and how much danger she was putting herself in and promising to save Sasuke for him. When Jiraiya died she was concerned how he felt even though she didn't like how he talked to Tsunade upon finding out.

There are more examples aside from those on the top of my head. Point is Sakura was one of the people there for Naruto once she got to know him.

What does Hinata have on that? She never once showed any interest in his dream. She admired him but never approached him when he was alone, only once he had already surrounded himself with people who cared about him - openly and outwardly - and even then she waited until he was inches away from death to do something.

I honestly don't understand the admiration for Hinata. I get she's more likeable than Sakura but that doesn't mean she's a better fit for Naruto than her or the best female character - I don't think that's remotely close at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom