• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is Excitetruck so DAMN AWESOME?

NC360

Banned
sp0rsk said:
The spiritual successor to hydro thunder. EXCITE TRUCK BITCHES.

I suppose you can ban me again because I dare to question this game you like so much. I said before it came out that it seemed overhyped (which = me banned), and now it's pretty clear from the reviews that it was.

I don't follow the herd mentality on these boards: "I'm cool, I love Excite Truck! EXCITE!"

Nintendo fans perhaps get a bit angry when a game they like is questioned? Either way, I can just feel the "FIT IN OR BE BANNED" sheep-like thoughts flowing from these boards right now.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
the GAF heard mentality? You mean the one where we all try out a game based on recommendations from other respected users and form our own informed opinions? Yeah, proud to be part of that heard.

ExciteTruck does rock pretty hard after having played through up to platinum. Can't wait to unlock Super Excite difficulty. Haven't even gotten into the trick system yet. Jump combos alone are quite exhilarating.

So...judging by your post, you haven't played it yet. I'll level with you, I was trying to decide if should respond seriously or like a clown. I'm still not sure which way.

I suppose you can ban me again because I dare to question this game you like so much. I said before it came out that it seemed overhyped (which = me banned), and now it's pretty clear from the reviews that it was.

Now, only the mods know for sure, but looking at your posting history, you probably got banned not for 'questioning Excite Truck'. You were making a lot of broad, sweeping generalizations about Nintendo, their games, and their fans, and you were doing so with a shitty attitude smeared all over your posts.

I don't follow the herd mentality on these boards: "I'm cool, I love Excite Truck! EXCITE!"

Man, you are so boss. Can we make out some time? There are some herdfolk in any group, but generally speaking, a thread with a bunch of people in it talking about a game in a positive fashion comes as a result of a mutal enjoyment of said game. Seriously, no one is going to confuse a gamer as being cool for playing games. Ever. Not even that guy with the Power Glove in the Wizard. And he was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal close.

Nintendo fans perhaps get a bit angry when a game they like is questioned? Either way, I can just feel the "FIT IN OR BE BANNED" sheep-like thoughts flowing from these boards right now.

And here's the attitude smeared generalizations again. You know what? You're so cool, and so very unsheeplike, why don't you go write a book or something? Or maybe play some games you like? 'Cuz you already expressed your opinion on this game, and coming back in here and being all "ROUND TWO, ****ERS" just smacks of sadness.

Haunted

Segata (love the commercials, btw) - I would consider it bad form to seriously respond to a junior member trolling, but because this is such an EXCITE! thread - I'll forgive you. :D

Damnit, one more month till this is released over here and reading all those positive impressions just made me want to play it more and more! just re-watched a bunch of videos and trailers - **** I want that game!

NC360

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Now, only the mods know for sure, but looking at your posting history, you probably got banned not for 'questioning Excite Truck'. You were making a lot of broad, sweeping generalizations about Nintendo, their games, and their fans, and you were doing so with a shitty attitude smeared all over your posts.
No it was about Excite Truck. Though I wouldn't have minded if it was done for any of my less constructive posts. Either way, it's not a big deal to me. I'm prehaps the wrong type of person for these boards. Heck Luke was banned too, and I suppose I act just as bad sometimes.

Haunted_One said:
Segata (love the commercials, btw) - I would consider it bad form to seriously respond to a junior member trolling, but because this is such an EXCITE! thread - I'll forgive you. :D

Damnit, one more month till this is released over here and reading all those positive impressions just made me want to play it more and more! just re-watched a bunch of videos and trailers - **** I want that game!

I really dig on this game...sp0rsk nailed it, it's fun in the same way Hydro Thunder was. If you liked Hydro Thunder, you'll love this. If you didn't - then no reason to be EXCITE, it's probably not for you.

No it was about Excite Truck. Though I wouldn't have minded if it was done for any of my less constructive posts. Either way, it's not a big deal to me. I'm prehaps the wrong type of person for these boards. Heck Luke was banned too, and I suppose I act just as bad sometimes.

Allow me to give you a free tip, then. These boards are great, and there are a lot of very passionate gamers from all walks of life here. There are also many disparate and contrary opinions sharing mindspace. If you want to enjoy yourself here, pull back the condescending attitude a bit, and spend more time talking about the stuff you like than the stuff you hate. It'll do wonders for how you see this board.

Helznicht

If you want to enjoy yourself here, pull back the condescending attitude a bit, and spend more time talking about the stuff you like than the stuff you hate. It'll do wonders for how you see this board.

Profound advice, more here should take your suggestion.

You should write a self help book, or maybe at least a talk show. Id read it. :)

NC360

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
If you want to enjoy yourself here, pull back the condescending attitude a bit, and spend more time talking about the stuff you like than the stuff you hate. It'll do wonders for how you see this board.
I point out what's good and bad; however, you did make my point for me. Just think about what I said, then what you did. I would perfer to think for myself regardless of where I end up, thanks.

NC360 said:
the only thing i'd really question is the suggestion that excite truck is being hyped now by anyone other than people that genuinely love the game.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
NC360 said:
You have 30ish posts and most of them are about how pathetic you are. Your persecution complex is annoying and your Nintendo trolls are as transparent as a window.

Get the **** off this forum.

japtor

plagiarize said:
excite truck 2 with online would be beyond awesome.

it would be excite.
2excite2truck? im hoping for something like excitestorm myself, at least add excitebikes back into the mix.

MrDaravon

sp0rsk said:
You have 30ish posts and most of them are about how pathetic you are. Your prosecution complex is annoying and your Nintendo trolls are as transparent as a window.

Get the **** off this forum.

(neutral) NC360
Banned
(Today, 09:50 PM)
Reply | Quote

:lol :lol

Also pretty much wrapped this game up the other day. It took a couple hours to sink in and get the hang of things, but once I did me and my friends had a BLAST. Major three complaints:

1)No online (Not a huge deal for me like most though)
2)Split screen kinda sucked 2 player, I was often all over the place because I couldn't see the edges of the road, etc
3)Big one for all of us: you needed to be able to play 2 player with the computer in 6 or 8 truck races. One on one got real old.

I'm really hoping they do a sequel and address some of these issues and add some polish. It's a simple fun arcadey game. Not for everybody, but it's a fun game. I'll actually buy it when it drops though, I don't consider it worth $50 IMO with the above flaws. If you can get it any cheaper or rent it I definetely reccommend it, me and my friends got a good few weeks out of it.

japtor said:
2excite2truck? im hoping for something like excitestorm myself, at least add excitebikes back into the mix.
i don't really care what the vehicle looks like so long as it can fly through the air with the greatest of ease and when i drive it i feel EXCITE.

Pud

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
(neutral) NC360
Banned
(Today, 09:50 PM)
Reply | Quote

:lol :lol

Also pretty much wrapped this game up the other day. It took a couple hours to sink in and get the hang of things, but once I did me and my friends had a BLAST. Major three complaints:

1)No online (Not a huge deal for me like most though)
2)Split screen kinda sucked 2 player, I was often all over the place because I couldn't see the edges of the road, etc
3)Big one for all of us: you needed to be able to play 2 player with the computer in 6 or 8 truck races. One on one got real old.

I'm really hoping they do a sequel and address some of these issues and add some polish. It's a simple fun arcadey game. Not for everybody, but it's a fun game. I'll actually buy it when it drops though, I don't consider it worth $50 IMO with the above flaws. If you can get it any cheaper or rent it I definetely reccommend it, me and my friends got a good few weeks out of it.

I agree completely with your complaints. Online wasn't a big deal, 2 player should've been horizontal (though I understand why they went vertical split: the air you get in this game is INSANE!!) and finally I wish 2-player mode wasn't so rushed, with the lack of CPU. We solved that problem, though, like so: take turns playing the 1 player mode :D

It was equally as fun as simultaneous racing, because we got to watch eachother crash, burn, and drive in an insane fashion - while earning courses and such - with our custom death-metal blaring through the speakers :lol (I'm not a huge fan of death metal except in EXCITE situations!)

herod

For all its flaws, Mario Kart: Double Dash sure nailed 2 player co-op. I'm a bit disappointed to find out that EXCITE TRUCK doesn't do it. Nowhere near disappointed enough to not be EXCITE!d for it as soon as it comes out over here though (February! :-( ).

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I unlocked Super Excite the other day. I've been having to get my house straightened up for an appraisal so now that that is over with, I can go back to this and with Wario Ware as well, the Wii is getting even more play time. Nintendo has it going on again.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
excitetruck200605090011ab7.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Went back to playing this after sorta tiring off Warioware and yeah, besides the fluctuating framerate, the game is pretty good!

Pud said:
...with our custom death-metal blaring through the speakers :lol (I'm not a huge fan of death metal except in EXCITE situations!)

YES! This game was aboslutely made for death/thrash metal! I think almost half my playlist for this game is Slayer. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but a complaint I have is that the game lets you watch replays, but not save them. I mean, with 512mb and SD cards you'd think that would be a no-brainer, especially considering the nature of this game. Monkey Ball lets you save replays. I have actually hooked up my VCR and have a blank tape pretty much half-filled with S-rank runs :D .

Surfheart

Excite truck sucks!

Because it's not out here until the 22nd of February *cries*
That's like a whole three weeks until I can feel the love, the love of the Truck.

Why does Nintendo Australia hate us?

They're just letting you rev up your EXCITE. Building up too much EXCITE too fast can explode you, and it's known to happen with this game! Don't get exploded! EXCITE correctly!

Surfheart

Segata Sanshiro said:
They're just letting you rev up your EXCITE. Building up too much EXCITE too fast can explode you, and it's known to happen with this game! Don't get exploded! EXCITE correctly!

Thankyou for your Sage words Segata.

Let me meditate upon it for a time with the Form Baton.

Mr Toast

I am not yet EXCITED.

(It's not out here) :(

BUT I WILL BE!

And ahhh ... how does this compare to say, Sega Rally and the like? I get the impression its a good throwaround racer?

herod

I'm nearly ready. I made my 99 song EXCITE playlist on my SD card today. Put some screenshots of EXCITE TRUCK on there too, and checked them out for appropriateness in the photo channel. Now I can concentrate on building up my EXCITE for the game itself.

f@luS

More than a member.
herod said:
I'm nearly ready. I made my 99 song EXCITE playlist on my SD card today. Put some screenshots of EXCITE TRUCK on there too, and checked them out for appropriateness in the photo channel. Now I can concentrate on building up my EXCITE for the game itself.

Get ready to be disappointed a bit maybe !

Why is Excitetruck so DAMN AWESOME? - coz its not so damn awesome.
Its fun....really lacks of content

KINGMOKU

f@luS said:
Get ready to be disappointed a bit maybe !

Why is Excitetruck so DAMN AWESOME? - coz its not so damn awesome.
Its fun....really lacks of content
PUH-lease. Lacks in content? This game has more to it then 90% of racing games out there, period.

As of right now, I am tearing my ****ing face of in anger I am in mirror diamond trying to get the last S rank, and its screwing me in evey way possible.

Tell me, is there more to it after I get S rank in Excite, Super Excite, and Mirror?

[Nintex] said:
Just 2 more weeks before Europe gets EXCITE!!!

FFXII, ExciteTruck & Crackdown all arriving from the 16th-23rd of February....My wallet cries....one will have to be left an extra week 'till the end of the month, I think!

Yeah, it's a fantastic arcade racer when you play single player mode. They just killed it with the 2 player mode that only had 2 car racing. Would of help the gameplay experience if it had gone online. I guess we'll have to wait for Excite Truck 2 for all the good stuff.:)

f@luS

More than a member.
moku said:
PUH-lease. Lacks in content? This game has more to it then 90% of racing games out there, period.

As of right now, I am tearing my ****ing face of in anger I am in mirror diamond trying to get the last S rank, and its screwing me in evey way possible.

Tell me, is there more to it after I get S rank in Excite, Super Excite, and Mirror?

lol , i really lol'd :lol:

Decided to play this game and try it out on my new TV... Wow does this game look ****in great with component cables... Also enjoying the SD card support, hopefully Blur has it as well.

Excite Truck is still my favorite Wii game after Zelda, and I think it will remain so until Super Paper Mario. It's the closest thing to Burnout that Nintendo has ever released, and in some ways I prefer it to Burnout (though the latter is still superior overall).

sorry to skip through the end of the thread.

how are the stages broken down?

are they courses with lapses?

are they short mission type courses?

or are they long speedaway courses like a stage?

dr3upmushroom said:
Decided to play this game and try it out on my new TV... Wow does this game look ****in great with component cables... Also enjoying the SD card support, hopefully Blur has it as well.

seriously???

CorwinB

Dazzyman said:
Well its out this week in UK.

Im still undecided if I should pick it up or not, what do you think guys?

I got it yesterday evening in France, and it's pretty good. The controls are spot-on and the races are a pure adrenaline rush. Graphics are very good
for Wii
, with a solid framerate and great draw distance. Soundtrack is pretty bad, but it won't be a big problem thanks to MP3 support from the SD card.

Model 500

gutter_trash said:
sorry to skip through the end of the thread.

how are the stages broken down?

are they courses with lapses?

are they short mission type courses?

or are they long speedaway courses like a stage?

Courses with laps and many different tactics to race them. I've played the retail version now for a bit over 2 hours. Great game, just about to open Super Excite!

f@luS

More than a member.
CorwinB said:
I got it yesterday evening in France, and it's pretty good. The controls are spot-on and the races are a pure adrenaline rush. Graphics are very good
for Wii
, with a solid framerate and great draw distance. Soundtrack is pretty bad, but it won't be a big problem thanks to MP3 support from the SD card.

Good for wii? looks miles behind Fzero GC, i dont see how this game looks good :x
SInce ive finish the classic mode i didnt even once played the game

Lince

Banned
I agree this game doesn't look too good even for Wii standards (don't hurt me, but I've already played lots of F-Zero, Zelda and RE4). On the other hand and gameplay wise the game is pretty much fun and with tight control after a couple of games, unfortunately split-screen multiplayer feels a bit empy. A nice weekend rental in my book.

f@luS

More than a member.
Lince said:
I agree this game doesn't look too good even for Wii standards (don't hurt me, but I've already played lots of F-Zero, Zelda and RE4). On the other hand and gameplay wise the game is pretty much fun and with tight control after a couple of games, unfortunately split-screen multiplayer feels a bit empy. A nice weekend rental in my book.

yeah , the multi kinda sux.

Because when u play solo , u cant boost after a crash.
In multi , without any AI , no boost after crash , u crash once and then its almost over.

Top Bottom