• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is it considered transphobic to not want to date somebody who is trans?

GeorgPrime

Banned
On a serious note though how pathetic is it that assholes in bars actually say shit like this when they get rejected. Almost embarrassed to have a Y chromosome with dicks like that walking around.

Jeah and there are enough women that are basically assholes too when you try to hit on them in a club. Its not only men. Women are somtimes worse than men.

They are even assholes when you dont even want something from them but they just want to degrade you to a level below their ugly standards.

And when i think about Toilets at my old work.... then iam glad that iam a guy lol our teamleader had to write 3 mails when i worked there to the whole staff complaining about the women toilet.

One example: "How can you even shit on the wall above the toilet?"

One woman even peed around the whole floor in the toilet and left.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
Jeah and there are enough women that are basically assholes too when you try to hit on them in a club. Its not only men. Women are somtimes worse than men.

They are even assholes when you dont even want something from them but they just want to degrade you to a level below their ugly standards.

And when i think about Toilets at my old work.... then iam glad that iam a guy lol our teamleader had to write 3 mails when i worked there to the whole staff complaining about the women toilet.

I had to help clean the women’s restroom twice in my life. That shit is a humbling experience. Bitches are gross as fuck.

GeorgPrime

Banned
I had to help clean the women’s restroom twice in my life. That shit is a humbling experience. Bitches are gross as fuck.

Jeah. When i read one of the emails i just wanted to puke reading about it. Dont even know how a woman can be such a gross shitty being.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member

True some women are really rude for no reason but I usually attributed that to being a learned reaction from having dealt with hyper aggressive men who don't take no for an answer. Its probably just easier to go to defcon 1 instantly and drive the guy away than to listen to his bullshit for 5 minutes.

When I was single I always made sure I made eye contact first and got a smile before I approached a girl. By not going in cold I always avoided negative reactions.
If the girl wasn't interested (usually they say they have boyfriend) I'd just politely wish her a good night and be on my way.

Kamina

Golden Boy
If you are a heterosexual man, who doesnt want to date a transwoman, it implies that a transwoman is different / less than a woman.

Basically you are saying a transwoman is not a 'real woman'.

Thats the optics of it anyway
Well, as long as they have dicks they are not women.
Changing your mind about how you identify doesn’t magically change your sex.
NPCs seem to believe sexual attraction has something to do with gender, when its about biological sex.

cryptoadam

Banned
Use this shit all the time, except with Judaism.

When a big titted Asian says not to banging me I start calling her antisemetic. I call the ADL on her ass. Compare her to Hitler and Nazi's.

eot

Banned
This is currently a huge issue in the LGBT community—especially when it comes to lesbians (you tell a gay man he needs to get used to “mangina” and the result is a nigh universal fuck off). It’s predominantly centred around delusions and narcissism and the presumption that everyone else sees you as your gender (or should, by social compulsion) and therefor should be attracted to you as if you were said gender. Even though in real life attraction doesn‘t work that way, and a person who’s considered ”beautiful” to one, can be repugnant to another. Then we add the echo chamber of social media in the mix and we’re left with a volatile and destructive scenario where blue-haired bearded “transbians” are trying to bully gay women for sex or aggressively colonizing their spaces.
This just exemplifies why all the talk about people's identities is utterly useless. Identify how you want, maybe it makes you feel better, but the point is that your identity doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how other people perceive you. If you're shit at painting but think you're a master painter no one's going to pretend you're right just to acknowledge your identity. Other people will treat you based on how you present yourself in the world, not based on how you think about yourself.

nush

Twice? Many times. When I worked for a Cinema is there were no women on the closing shift then one of the guys had to do it. Multiplex cinema with two big womens toilets either side of the building. Always a complete fucking shithole.

Mens on the other had rarely would you even see a shit on the floor, just some piss and they liked to spit on the mirrors.

If you have an emotional and polarized reaction to this question you watch too much cable news. No, you're obviously not a bigot if you don't want to have sex with a transgender person. And no you shouldn't belittle and insult that transgender person just because you wouldn't. Just be chill and tune out any angry voice who tries to sway you to get riled up in one way or the other. That angry voice is probably trying to use this harmless issue as a trojan horse to get you to support some other unrelated issue whose industry pays their checks

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
Those so-called "normal people" you mention just happen to be... leftists or radicals. Both generally go hand in hand, i.e. transgender activism (certainly when it's about the topic of guilt-forcing heterosexuals to date transgenders) is an SJW thing.

I don't believe there's a single real "normal person" in the world who'd be okay with this.

This kind of attitude of extremes is part of the goddamn problem with social interactions today. Everyone that has beliefs or politics you find objectionable is not some kind of inherently villainous individual. Good people can be misled into supporting questionable ideals, especially if you deliver to them within a moral framework. If you haven't learned that from 2020 by now, you never will.

We need to stop looking at people who feel and think differently from us as some kind of hideous other and try and make some kind of effort to come to terms with each other. It may not be possible in every situation, but at the very least it's a more promising venture than the constant vitriol.

Jasonadream

Twice? Many times. When I worked for a Cinema is there were no women on the closing shift then one of the guys had to do it. Multiplex cinema with two big womens toilets either side of the building. Always a complete fucking shithole.

Mens on the other had rarely would you even see a shit on the floor, just some piss and they liked to spit on the mirrors.

worked at a bar a long time ago.
Found shotgun diarrhea on 3/5 toilets, make shift tampons, makeshift pads on the floor, period stains on seats, piss fucking everywhere.
yeah some bitches have atrocious hygiene.

Haeleos

Those so-called "normal people" you mention just happen to be... leftists or radicals.

You're clearly someone that is unable to construct coherent, rational arguments. I'm going to write out two examples of false association contained in this thread and you tell me if you can spot the similarity and why both of these arguments don't work...

People who don't date transgenders just happen to be transphobic.
Those so-called "normal people" you mention just happen to be leftists or radicals.

It's fascinating and sad that you probably don't even realize how much of a hypocrite you are by saying things like this. If you still don't understand... take this example that completely invalidates your blanket statement... I'm a leftist, and I don't believe people who don't date transgenders are transphobic.

ruvikx

Banned
You're clearly someone that is unable to construct coherent, rational arguments. I'm going to write out two examples of false association contained in this thread and you tell me if you can spot the similarity and why both of these arguments don't work...

People who don't date transgenders just happen to be transphobic.
Those so-called "normal people" you mention just happen to be leftists or radicals.

It's fascinating and sad that you probably don't even realize how much of a hypocrite you are by saying things like this. If you still don't understand... take this example that completely invalidates your blanket statement... I'm a leftist, and I don't believe people who don't date transgenders are transphobic.

On the contrary, it is you who've failed to comprehend my own rational argument, i.e. transgender activism, attacking people who neither care for/nor support transgenders & (as per the current topic) even going so far as to guilt & shame heterosexuals into dating transgenders is absolutely behavior found within people who embrace a far leftist platform & those who partake in that sort of behavior are in fact (not exactly breaking news here) by & large SJW's pushing a highly radical, unnatural & disturbed platform.

Of course you can be a leftist & not label people as "transphobic", but those who do label anyone who refuses to date a transgender as a "transphobe" aren't exactly republicans are they? No, they're dwellers in a bastardized distorted variant of the civil rights movement with transgendrs the new "oppressed" on their victim scale.

But keep on throwing those "sad", "fascinating" etc. words around like you have a clue about anything other than your own little quest here to appear smart.

This kind of attitude of extremes is part of the goddamn problem with social interactions today. Everyone that has beliefs or politics you find objectionable is not some kind of inherently villainous individual. Good people can be misled into supporting questionable ideals, especially if you deliver to them within a moral framework. If you haven't learned that from 2020 by now, you never will.

We need to stop looking at people who feel and think differently from us as some kind of hideous other and try and make some kind of effort to come to terms with each other. It may not be possible in every situation, but at the very least it's a more promising venture than the constant vitriol.

Yes, because "social interactions" yesteryear would totally countenance the concept of shaming heterosexuals into having sex with transgenders? Nope, I didn't think so.

I don't treat mental illness as a perfectly acceptable platform upon which people can debate opposing views. It's sick stuff.

Dacon

Banned
Yes, because "social interactions" yesteryear would totally countenance the concept of shaming heterosexuals into having sex with transgenders? Nope, I didn't think so.

Social interactions of yesteryear fucking countenanced segregating people into fucking separate parts of society based off of their race, and we managed to debate and deliberate our way through that. Where would black people be today if they slapped away the hands of white people and deemed them all monsters because of the nonsense many of them happened to believe? No, they learned to live with those who opposed them and through effort and living side by side managed to change the nature of their relationship with those people.

I don't treat mental illness as a perfectly acceptable platform upon which people can debate opposing views. It's sick stuff.

Anything is a platform from which to debate, regardless of whether or not you like it. You adhere to your own dogma as stringently as those mislead to believe things you deem immoral. Why would you wish to be as inflexible and zealous as those you wish to oppose?

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
It's so funny how easily people can be brainwashed and manipulated.

Why would you even need to ask if not wanting to date a man that is trying to impersonate a woman is wrong?

poodaddy

I have four trans friends and my brother's step daughter, (son now? I dunno), is trans. I got no problem with trans folks. Do I think it's a bit odd and perhaps even indicative of some mental issues? Yeah, a bit, but I certainly get along with them well and I wish them the best. I have zero attraction to any of them though, on literally any level whatsoever. Physical, emotional, intellectual, anything. I can't see how that would make me transphobic, but then again I don't weave this narrative of bullshit, nor do I give a fuck about it.

This new culture is so confusing and fucked up. Thank Christ I'm married man. So much less work than relearning all the pronouns and phrases required to memorize so as not to offend anyone today.

Last edited:
The only people who call u that (in this particular case) are those trannies that can't get laid because they are ugly and hetero men don't like dicks (except their own). Fuck 'em ( not literally).

teezzy

Banned
I have four trans friends and my brother's step daughter, (son now? I dunno), is trans. I got no problem with trans folks. Do I think it's a bit odd and perhaps even indicative of some mental issues? Yeah, a bit, but I certainly get along with them well and I wish them the best. I have zero attraction to any of them though, on literally any level whatsoever. Physical, emotional, intellectual, anything. I can't see how that would make me transphobic, but then again I don't weave this narrative of bullshit, nor do I give a fuck about it.

This new culture is so confusing and fucked up. Thank Christ I'm married man. So much less work than relearning all the pronouns and phrases required to memorize so as not to offend anyone today.

There's a dangerous conflation with disliking something and feeling indifferent towards it or having a disinterest in it.

Like with ice cream. Yes, I prefer cookie dough, doesn't mean I hate all other ice cream flavors. I'm just not interested.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Era : Why do you refuse to date a trans?

You : because i dont like dating women with dicks

Era : GRRRHHHH...GRARRRRWW....GGGRRRR..ARRROUGHRR.....GGGRGGRR...GGRRRR.....GGRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWLLLLLL !!!!!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Haeleos

On the contrary, it is you who've failed to comprehend my own rational argument, i.e. transgender activism, attacking people who neither care for/nor support transgenders & (as per the current topic) even going so far as to guilt & shame heterosexuals into dating transgenders is absolutely behavior found within people who embrace a far leftist platform & those who partake in that sort of behavior are in fact (not exactly breaking news here) by & large SJW's pushing a highly radical, unnatural & disturbed platform.

I've failed to comprehend your argument because it's incomprehensible. If you're arguing against transgender activists that mislabel people, why does your argument consist solely of mislabeling groups of people? It's like if I said...
example... said:
On the contrary, it is you who've failed to comprehend my own rational argument, i.e. white supremacists, attacking people who neither care for/nor support white people & (as per the current topic) even going so far as to guilt & shame whites who date blacks is absolutely behavior found within people who embrace a far right platform & those who partake in that sort of behavior are in fact (not exactly breaking news here) by & large alt-right pushing a highly radical, unnatural & disturbed platform.

Last edited:

Drake

I hate a lot of this non-sense as much as the next person, but honestly, the chances of you ever having the deal with this are very very slim. So whatever, let them call me what they want.

real1

It's not. And you don't owe them ANYTHING. Let them throw their meaningless whiny labels out all they want. It's not gonna change anything.

quickwhips

On a serious note though how pathetic is it that assholes in bars actually say shit like this when they get rejected. Almost embarrassed to have a Y chromosome with dicks like that walking around.
Probably same amount who think it's transphobic to not date a trans.

Last edited:

Airola

Last edited:
Top Bottom