• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why isn't Roblox on PS4 or Ps5 consoles?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Weird, it's actually on xbox. I thought it would be on both or neither.

My Google skills show that roblox has made an exclusive deal with Microsoft.

Why they would do thatis beyond my understanding

Banned
Sony is extremely restrictive with Mods... Roblox IS ONLY MODS basically.
the whole game is basically 99% user made games/mods.

so no wonder it's not on PlayStation

you can play Halo clones on there, Overwatch clones, Squid Game stuff, and it's barely moderated either it seems to me

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Sony is extremely restrictive with Mods... Roblox IS ONLY MODS basically.
the whole game is basically 99% user made games/mods.

so no wonder it's not on PlayStation

you can play Halo clones on there, Overwatch clones, Squid Game stuff, and it's barely moderated either it seems to me

This, Sony really likes to moderate what players have access to on there platform. It's why Skyrim and fallout mods for the console where all premoderated by Bethesda, Sony just does not want an image of some kid playing on a Sony console with the Roblox Auschwitz simulator map turning up on the evening news.

Can you blame them?

Last edited:

Banned
This, Sony really likes to moderate what players have access to on there platform. It's why Skyrim and fallout mods for the console where all premoderated by Bethesda, Sony just does not want an image of some kid playing on a Sony console with the Roblox Auschwitz simulator map turning up on the evening news.

Can you blame them?

not only that, but mods on PlayStation in Bethesda games also don't allow outside assets and only can use assets already in the game.

meaning some more content driven mods are only on Xbox and not on PlayStation.

so this is shouldn't be a surprise as Roblox supports user made assets

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Can you blame them?
Tried to Google Auschwitz Skyrim couldn't find anything

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Why would you want to play Roblox anyway?

After a Google it looks like bloody Duplo figures walking round, looks beyond awful.

Obviously I'm not the target audience it would seem.

It’s one of the biggest and most profitable games in the world. I wouldn’t wanna play it either but the game is massive.

Jim Ryan must be against child labor.

Dreams is infinitely better anyway, I wish Sony would do more with it.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Muh children. Click for the full article :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Roblox: The children's game with a sex problem​

By James Clayton & Jasmin Dyer
BBC News

Published15 February
Screengrab from Roblox 'Condo'

Image caption,
Screengrab from a Roblox 'Condo'
Warning: This article contains text and images of a sexual nature
A naked man, wearing just a dog collar and a lead, is led across the floor by a woman in a bondage outfit. Two strippers dance next to a bar.
A group has gathered around a couple openly having sex, watching and occasionally commenting.
One man is wearing a Nazi uniform.
This isn't happening in the real world, it's taking place on a children's gaming platform.

Kerotan

Can you blame them?
Which would happen no doubt. Makes you wonder why this controversy hasn't happened with MS yet though. Those deep pockets can buy you immunity from the media.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Which would happen no doubt. Makes you wonder why this controversy hasn't happened with MS yet though. Those deep pockets can buy you immunity from the media.
Or it’s just that no one gives a fuck

And the article I’ve literally just posted proves that that’s a load of bollocks

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Why would you want to play Roblox anyway?

After a Google it looks like bloody Duplo figures walking round, looks beyond awful.

Obviously I'm not the target audience it would seem.
It's not really a game as far as I can tell, it's more of a game construction kit.

Deerock71

Because they made an exclusive deal with Microsoft.

Why would you expect it to be better on playstation?
I'm saying Sony's welcome to it, but I don't think Microsoft would agree with me on that one. You know the old 'take my wife...please' routine.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
some Roblox games are actually pretty cool. Phantom forces (call of duty rip off) and disaster survival I play more then I would like to admit on my series X.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I refuse to tell my lid that roblox is on Xbox because then he would dominate the TV even more. At least roblox on his iPad he can do in his room.

Fucking hate that game though. It is super janky and I end having to play with him 'cause everyone else "is hacking".

Remember Jimbo cares about the children. Roblox is a toxic place for children.
Roblox has had leaks where they've talked about finding ways to encourage kids to pressure (bully, tease) other kids into spending money in-game.

And it works. I have three boys and I've seen it all. Kids are harassed if they're wearing the default/free skins, etc. It's the modern equivalent of kids being teased for not have Air Jordan's. And, Roblox isn't only okay with it, they actively look for ways for kids to approach the game this way.

Now, I'm not actually saying this has anything to do with the game not being on PlayStation, or that Jim Ryan actually cares. But, Roblox is a pretty crappy and predatory business that makes billions off of the ignorance of kids.

Dr.Morris79

Roblox has had leaks where they've talked about finding ways to encourage kids to pressure (bully, tease) other kids into spending money in-game.

And it works. I have three boys and I've seen it all. Kids are harassed if they're wearing the default/free skins, etc. It's the modern equivalent of kids being teased for not have Air Jordan's. And, Roblox isn't only okay with it, they actively look for ways for kids to approach the game this way.

Now, I'm not actually saying this has anything to do with the game not being on PlayStation, or that Jim Ryan actually cares. But, Roblox is a pretty crappy and predatory business that makes billions off of the ignorance of kids.
Yep, it's shit run by vultures. Get that bollocks out of gaming.

PerfectDark

Banned
I have three Series X,S consoles because Sony is dumb. My kids for years only want to play Roblox and Minecraft. I have a PS5 myself but my kids would be on PS5 if Roblox was a option.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Have you see the Sonic game on it? I gotta say I was fucking impressed especially how my kids can play it damn near perfectly using bloody touch controls on their iPads and it runs smooth as hell and looks great, it's not my thing but they lap it up, never shut up about Bed Wars or Pet Simulator but I've yet to see anything on toward on it, just kids being kids

Batiman

Banned
I know more kids that play this trash than fortnite. Massive game. Probably one of the biggest console exclusives no one talks about.

DryvBy

Can you blame them?

There's quite a few games with mods on console. UT3 on even PS3 even had mods I installed using a USB stick. It's restrictive for mods on any consoles with heavy moderation due to opening backdoors for hacking according to some research I did a year ago.

Roblox on the other hand? I have no idea.

Top Bottom