• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
carlo6529 said:

Take New Vegas. Runs pretty poor on consoles. If they release it on Cafe with 60FPS and better image quality, I'll heavily consider purchasing it again. Same with similar games. And I meant to say day one, not "day for" XD

Akai

BMF said:
Nintendo Chaos
Nintendo Corruption
Nintendo Apocalypse
Nintendo Ragnarök
Nintendo Global Warming
Nintendo Armageddon
Nintendo Calamity

You can't do that, those are reserved for the next Smash Brothers game!

Plumbob

Akai said:
You can't do that, those are reserved for the next Smash Brothers game!

Nonono, that's Super Smash Bros. Land War

edit: What's stopping it from being the Wii 2? I can see endless cheesy ads: "Wii 2 can have awesome graphics" "Wii 2 can get the best of both worlds"

Log4Girlz

Plumbob said:
Nonono, that's Super Smash Bros. Land War

edit: What's stopping it from being the Wii 2? I can see endless cheesy ads: "Wii 2 can have awesome graphics" "Wii 2 can get the best of both worlds"

It would encompass a name for urine and the number associated with poo...genius.

E3 2011: Nintendo Confirms Press Conference Date, Time
Finally.
May 9, 2011 May 9, 2011 May 9, 2011

Nintendo fans, get out your calendars. We finally have confirmation of when and where Nintendo's press conference for E3 2011 will take place. IGN has just received registration confirmation for Tuesday June 7, 2011 at 9am PST at the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. In other words, the conference is happening exactly when we thought it would.

The last of the first-party publishers to present at E3 2011, Nintendo has a lot riding on this year's show. Already confirmed to be in Los Angeles in some form are Super Mario 3DS and, of course, the much-hyped and much-leaked successor to the Wii - codenamed "Project Cafe" or "Stream." It seems likely that games like Mario Kart 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Kid Icarus Uprising will show in some form as well.

For reference, Microsoft's conference is scheduled to be held Monday, June 6 at 9am PST. Sony then follows on the same day at 5pm PST.

Stay tuned to IGN for all your E3 needs now and when the show kicks off in early June.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1166839p1.html

Akai

Plumbob said:

Unfortunately, that's not how marketing works. If they intend to court third parties then they need new branding to separate itself from the Wii (unjustifiable, but alas, that's the game industry for you)...

Plumbob said:
Nonono, that's Super Smash Bros. LandMaster War

fixed

also I doubt nintendo will even market the HD/graphical capabilities of this system seems very unlike them.

This could be interesting:

Nintendo, Sony, Sega and Microsoft Have Retail Meetings This Week

If you must read this story, read it for the cute puppy pic!

Posted on 05.10.2011 at 10:47, by Anoop Gantayat
A retailer has revealed a schedule of upcoming retail meetings for some major game companies.

Here's the schedule:

5/11: Sony Computer Entertainment
5/12: Nintendo
5/13: Microsoft
5/13: Sega
These meetings, especially in the case of Nintendo, are accompanied by major announcements, or at the very least leaks from attending retailers, so keep a ear open over the coming days.

The retailer that revealed this is Games Maya. In addition to having an adorable puppy as its top image, which in my book instantly makes your blog credible (even if the puppy is clothed, which puppies really don't like), Games Maya is a hot spot for official retail demo events even though it's in the middle of nowhere.

I went to Games Maya once and don't recall seeing this little guy there.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/10/retail_meetings/

antonz

lunchwithyuzo said:
Would we get eShop details at a retailer meeting? Isn't that more for, like, retail releases?
They announce things at the retailer meetings. Eshop info seems pretty good odds since its launching this month and we have no idea when.

lunchwithyuzo said:
Would we get eShop details at a retailer meeting? Isn't that more for, like, retail releases?

Who the hell knows? We're already a few weeks overdue for a date/lineup announcement, seeing as it's supposedly still coming by the end of the month...

rpmurphy

What was that thing back some time ago where Nintendo announced its launch on launch day? Maybe they'll do the same thing for the eShop? :p

rpmurphy said:
What was that thing back some time ago where Nintendo announced its launch on launch day? Maybe they'll do the same thing for the eShop? :p
Virtual Console Arcade at GDC I think.

I don't think DD announcements ever came out of a retailer meeting though?

herzogzwei1989 said:
Imagine every 3rd party 360/PS3 game that gets released on Cafe running at 60fps 1080p.

<wipes drool from face>
Would work out great for someone like me who only has a Wii. That way they're all new.

But unless its revealed to be 250-300 and out by the first half of 2012 I think I'm gonna have to get a 360 this fall and wait for a cafe-price drop..

seady

With the system named "Stream", I wonder if it will be all Cloud-based. If everything is about streaming (both stream to the console AND to the controller), then the system will be affordable just like the OnLive Micro-console. It also force Nintendo to build up their online-store presence and helps them combat piracy.

Would be amazing if Nintendo become the first company to fully support this.

I'm 100% confident that Capcom is working on a beefed up Cafe version of Dragon Dogma at this very moment. It will be a launch game. mark my words

seady said:
With the system named "Stream", I wonder if it will be all Cloud-based. If everything is about streaming (both stream to the console AND to the controller), then the system will be affordable just like the OnLive Micro-console. It also force Nintendo to build up their online-store presence and helps them combat piracy.

No way nintendo is missing out on its retail profits and consumer base. It would be some sort of weird bridge/hybrid system at most, but not fully cloud based. I don't think so anyway.

Instro

iamaustrian said:
I'm 100% confident that Capcom is working on a beefed up Cafe version of Dragon Dogma at this very moment. It will be a launch game. mark my words

Thats a reasonable assumption, considering the game is supposed to be coming early 2012 anyway.

seady said:

On-Live doesnt nearly work well enough for a console to depend on something like game streaming. Regardless it will be a long long time before console manufacturers ditch retail completley if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom