• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Downloaded Titles Can Be Transferred to Wii U

Pociask

It's nice that they're working on it, but I won't believe it until I see how it works in action.

Nintendo could have won E3 just by announcing that all VC titles transfer with saves, they're adding Gamecube, Dreamcast, and tons of arcade games to the VC on the Wii U, and you can play all the titles on the tablet. Oh well.

Great news. I hope I can merge my two Wii's that way.

The funny thing is when Wii U launches I'll use WiiU to play Wii games and Wii to play Gamecube games lol

herod

The source in the OP also says that you can't adjust the brightness on the GamePad (ok, whatever), or the 3DS (lol what), so I'll wait for a source that isn't completely clueless.

Henke

Excellent news. Maybe I'll get around to trying aLttP, Super Metroid and Sin & Punishment when I transfer them over.

Eusis

This makes me wanna go out and get some games on the Virtual Store. Great news!
I felt similarly... but given the 3DS allows me to pay exact amounts I'd rather wait and buy stuff like FFVI and SoM at their exact prices. Though I hope it results in us seeing more games.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Finally, some positive news about the Wii-U. Let's hope Nintendo starts picking up the pace with the VC a bit...

And let's hope that it's not gonna be a problem to transfer if you've hacked your Wii.

Celebrated by getting Super Mario Bros. I had it on my old Wii, but now it is my first VC game on this Wii.

I'm going to go on a VC/Wiiware spending spree between now and the Wii U launch I think.

hlhbk

So is it confirmed if you have a softmodded wii you can transfer your legit items over to the Wii U safely and without issue? Do you have to do anything special?

So is it confirmed if you have a softmodded wii you can transfer your legit items over to the Wii U safely and without issue? Do you have to do anything special?

It worked fine for me. I didn't even remove the Homebrew channel or anything before I did the transfer. When it was done I had all of my Wiiware and VC games on the Wii U without any hassle or errors.

oatmeal

Banned
I had an error every time I tried...ended up copying all of the saves I could and then doing a system format.

Copied it over, copied saves over and then re-downloaded the games on the Wii U.

Works fine.6

Top Bottom