• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in 2009 - The official Thread! (wii's best year?)

pakkit

Banned
Hyllian said:
I know him personally.

His first daughter was born recently and he is moving from his currently house to another one. So, I think he is a bit busy lately.
E3 COMES BEFORE
MONEY OR FAMILY

Hyllian said:
I know him personally.

His first daughter was born recently and he is moving from his currently house to another one. So, I think he is a bit busy lately.
Pfft.

No real gamer would have a baby around E3 time.

Tell him GAF says congrats.

ShockingAlberto said:
Pfft.

No real gamer would have a baby around E3 time.

Tell him GAF says congrats.
Matt Cassamassina did. I remember him posting about whether or not he should just take the baby.

Hyllian

I called him just now. He's at some Anime Event cosplayed as Mario. :lol :lol :D

He promised to update this thread soon (today or tomorrow).

AniHawk

Dash Kappei said:
Again, what's coming that is hot from now until January?

A Boy and His Blob
Icarian
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Little King's Story

Well, that's it for me. I'm not too convinced on a lot of stuff other people are, like the HVS games, or the rail shooters, or Silent Hill (I really want to believe in this one though. The "the-game-is-watching-you" thing sounds great).

AniHawk said:
A Boy and His Blob
Icarian
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Little King's Story

Well, that's it for me. I'm not too convinced on a lot of stuff other people are, like the HVS games, or the rail shooters, or Silent Hill (I really want to believe in this one though. The "the-game-is-watching-you" thing sounds great).
Totally forgot about Icarian. When's that due for release?

viciouskillersquirrel said:
A Boy and His Blob, if you haven't got it already.

There's also Gladiator AD and The Grinder (the latter moreso).

Also, NMH2 has a media update and trailer
What do you mean "haven't got it already"? Is it already out somewhere?

sprocket

Banned
Making list for people who clearly dont care is dumb but oh well.

so far for me its.. not including what may be announce at E3 ;)

Grand Slam Tennis M+
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 M+
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
The Conduit
Overlord: Dark Legends
The Little King's Story
Wii Sports Resort
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Dirt 2 ( will get it on ps3 to just want tpiss the cry babies off :) )
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up
Dead Space: Extraction
Rabbids Go Home
Red Steel 2
Need for Speed: Nitro
Arc Rise Fantasia
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

I would say the ones that look really promising coming out in the next 6 months are Red Steel 2, Rabbids Go Home, Little King's Story, A Boy and his Blob, Grand Slam Tennis, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, The Conduit, Overlord: Dark Legends, Dawn of Discovery (Anno), Dead Space: Extraction, Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles, Night Game, and Arc Rise Fantasia. Also, Monster Hunter Tri might come out and supposedly Tiger Woods 2010 looks pretty damn good with the Motion +.

As for games that have been recently announced to add: update Tatsunoko to actually coming to the US! Both of the High Voltage Software games, The Grinder looks amazing, Gladiator AD, less so. Silent Hill should be added. Fragile is now coming out here. I think a game called Ju-On got announced for the US as well.

I wasn't at all interested in Indiana Jones at first -- I thought it was just another PSP / Wii porting combo -- but each update or bit of news has been brilliant. The use of in-level objects as ad-hoc weapons, destructable environments, Fate of Atlantis,
Han Solo unlockable
, seperate co-op mode where your friend can play as Henry Jones... the visuals have gradually gotten better too. Its really shaping up nice!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
sprocket said:

YES! Winner
dumbest internet post of the day
Oh my what a dumbfuck, and in the "Wii in 2009" thread even :lol

viciouskillersquirrel said:
A Boy and His Blob, if you haven't got it already

Nope! Didn't know it was out already, woot! How do you like it?

There's also Gladiator AD and The Grinder (the latter moreso).

Yeah, I did the M+ discussion thread update for those but honestly I don't see them both as hot, as you say The Grinding could be cool though.

Also, NMH2 has a media update and trailer

Loved the first, I hope we don't get too same-ish gameplay and that Suda goes really crazy to expand on the first game.

AniHawk said:
A Boy and His Blob

Damn, this must be really good then. I remeber the first debut trailer which was a bit barren background wise... but I'm soooo intrigued.

Icarian
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Little King's Story

Icarian I've never heard about it, the other too I've got them already.
I might consider supporting Tatsu again if they'll at least add a couple of characters and online (and they do it good) but somehow I doubt it but who knows...

Well, that's it for me. I'm not too convinced on a lot of stuff other people are, like the HVS games, or the rail shooters, or Silent Hill (I really want to believe in this one though. The "the-game-is-watching-you" thing sounds great)

The game I'm mostly hyped for is Red Steel 2. It could come out a turd but hey, it got my interest and the teaser had me drooling..
I look forward Silent Hill, I'll pick up one between Resi or Dead Space and if Rabbids is actually a good platform meet Katamari then I could bite.
Wii Sports is a lock as well, for me and the family.

For The Conduit to get my money it should really get awesome impressions on the "fun and gameplay/shooting mechanics side, because at the moment, the art design they went for destroys any interest I might have in it.

I thought there was something more I missed, but E3 is around the corner so it's more than ok.

Oh, also one between Grand Slam Tennis and VT 2009.

pakkit

Banned
Icarian
Eduardo the Samurai Toaster
Cave Story
Swords & Soldiers

Mmm...WiiWare.

sprocket said:
so basically you are just trolling. gotcha.
He's not trolling, he was just reacting to you accusing him of not caring about the Wii.

sprocket

Banned
pakkit said:
Icarian
Eduardo the Samurai Toaster
Cave Story
Swords & Soldiers

Mmm...WiiWare.

He's not trolling, he was just reacting to you accusing him of not caring about the Wii.

if he cared he would go to any game site a look up for himself.

AniHawk

Danthrax said:
wow, that looks REALLY cool. can't believe it's for WiiWare. thanks for the link.

The best thing about the Wii is that developers aren't afraid to make platformers for the thing. I hope that music in Icarian is in-game.

Dascu

sprocket said:
so basically you are just trolling. gotcha.
Did you just call Dash Kappei a Wii troll?

The fuck is going on here. Any comment on the Wii that could possibly be conceived as critical now gets you labelled as a troll. Some of you people make me feel embarassed for having a Wii.

Dascu

AniHawk said:
Jesus christ, Dascu, stop trolling.
wasrbp.gif

Gagaman

It's really odd to me, but I'm actually looking forward to more Wii games than I am for my PS3. Maybe if the PS3 had more games like Street Fighter IV/King of Fighters and other arcade type stuff I'd be anticipating more. *shrugs*

I'm loving all the platformers and arcade stuff popping up on the Wii, especially this revival of 2D games on consoles that seems to be happening. I was actually a little disappointed with the Gamecube (The huge Nintendo games like Zelda and Metroid rarely do it for me) but the Wii has been putting out a healthy amount of games I'm interested in this year from third parties. I'm content with what's coming myself, though I could understand if what's on offer wasn't enough for others, I guess.

Neomoto

It's still hard to believer there will actually be new 2D Mario platformer on a main console again after all this time. New Super Mario Bros. Wii, hell yeah!

Wii really shaping up to be an epic platforming console (not even counting Virtual Console).

J-Rock said:
I feel for the OP. A lot of work to do.

The title might need to be changed to "Wii in 2009/2010".
Are there even reasons for these threads? It would take much too long for one person to do

Or we could just make a 2010 thread since so much stuff is coming in 2010

gkryhewy

People aren't excited about Wii Sports Resort in this thread? It's okay, you're allowed to like it. It's going to be amazing.

WII SPORTS RESORT EXCITE

dyls

gkrykewy said:
People aren't excited about Wii Sports Resort in this thread? It's okay, you're allowed to like it. It's going to be amazing.

WII SPORTS RESORT EXCITE

*raises hand*

I think it will go down as one of the best multiplayer games ever. The fact that just two nights ago three friends and I were playing the original Wii Sports Bowling gives me much hope. Also, WSR looks to wildly expand both the amount of content and the level of control, while keeping the same charm and whimsy. Can't wait.

AntMurda

2009 has some good games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort, and others but 2010 is insane.

2010 Wii

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Grasshopper Manufacture)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square-Enix)
Sin & Punishment 2 (Treasure)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo EAD)
Metroid: Other M (Project M)
Monster Hunter: Tri (Capcom)

* New Software (Project Sora)
* New Software (Retro Studios)
* Wii Vitality (Nintendo EAD)
* Pikmin 3 (Nintendo EAD)
* The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo EAD)
* Dragon Warrior X (Square-Enix)

I know there is more.

AntMurda said:
2009 has some good games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort, and others but 2010 is insane.

2010 Wii

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Grasshopper Manufacture)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square-Enix)
Sin & Punishment 2 (Treasure)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo EAD)
Metroid: Other M (Project M)
Monster Hunter: Tri (Capcom)

* New Software (Project Sora)
* New Software (Retro Studios)
* Wii Vitality (Nintendo EAD)
* Pikmin 3 (Nintendo EAD)
* The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo EAD)
* Dragon Warrior X (Square-Enix)

I know there is more.

I am now lost as to what possible Retro could be doing.

To answer the question in the subject title. 2009 won't be Wii's bets year.

2010 has Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, and its toped off with Legend of Zelda!

ZAK

Anticitizen One said:
To answer the question in the subject title. 2009 won't be Wii's bets year.

2010 has Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, and its toped off with Legend of Zelda!
Not to mention S&P, Monster Hunter, NMH, Crystal Bearers and... you know, et cetera. How about best year so far, though?

Edit: oh wait Crystal Bearers is this year

Top Bottom