• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Kiosks Now at GS/EB, playable this weekend

JB1981

My local Gamestop has a Wii kiosk all set up and ready to go but they don't have a Wiimote yet! Apparently they'll have one tomorrow or Sat.

This is the Babbages in the Ocean County mall in Toms River, NJ.

JB1981

castle007 said:
wait, they didn't know that the Wii is??

I caught an EB manager tonight actively discouraging this mother from buying a PS3 and getting a Wii instead. I hate when I see that shit.

JB1981 said:
I caught an EB manager tonight actively discouraging this mother from buying a PS3 and getting a Wii instead. I hate when I see that shit.

How old was the child that the mother was buying for. Did you hear the whole conversation? He might have had her best interests in mind.

Sullichin

Francois the Great said:
omg you live near toms river?

i live in jackson :)

omg you live in Jackson?

I live in manalapan :) (it's near freehold)
And I'm actually moving to Jackson.

Jersey FTW!

Hellraizah

JB1981 said:
Why ? Johnny Homeboy would probably not even understand how the ****ing PS3 works or what it can do.

The Wii will be user friendly, and it will not feature advanced stuff that 95% of the population doesn't understand.

JB1981

Hellraizah said:
Why ? Johnny Homeboy would probably not even understand how the ****ing PS3 works or what it can do.

The Wii will be user friendly, and it will not feature advanced stuff that 95% of the population doesn't understand.

WHAT

jjasper

BrandNew said:
C'mon Ohio EBs, get on top of things. No midnight Wii launch? Not evena midnight PS3 one? No kiosks for any of them?

Meh.

Well if it makes you feel any better the EB where I preordered my PS3 is having a midnight launch for Zelda but won't sell the Wii because they are worried about "security issues" they aren't doing a midnight launch for the ps3 for the same reason.

KINGMOKU

castle007 said:
wait, they didn't know that the Wii is??
"Do you guys have Wii kiosks yet" "Wii What?" "Did you get the nintendo Wii kiosks yet, you know the playable demo units?" "Oh, you mean that new Nintendo system?"

WTF? What else would I mean? I hope he was joking.

castle007

Banned
moku said:
"Do you guys have Wii kiosks yet" "Wii What?" "Did you get the nintendo Wii kiosks yet, you know the playable demo units?" "Oh, you mean that new Nintendo system?"

WTF? What else would I mean? I hope he was joking.

He was trying to be a smart ass

thefro

I was setting up some servers at a Blockbuster store today, and they were getting their PS3/Wii hype media.

There was a huge poster with "WII PLAY" on it, and a bunch of promotional Wii System boxes stacked up. The PS3 stuff was a folder that had a DVDgame trailers, a booklet for Blue Ray, a booklet for the PS3, copies of online hype articles, and 8.5" x 11" posters for the launch games.

FWIW, the manager said they'd be getting a few Wiis in, so that may be a place for people to check.

Rivithed

Hi Guys!

Here's info and pics of the first Wii Kiosk, playable at a South Florida GameStop (as stated by a Nintendo Rep)!

I had some time with Excite Truck, which was fun! Definitely fun playing it, but don't expect to be blown away by the graphics. The Wii is going to be a fun console, and isn't that what got everyone playing in the first place? Check it out at your local GameStop shops!

pewye

Banned
Rivithed said:
Hi Guys!

Here's info and pics of the first Wii Kiosk, playable at a South Florida GameStop (as stated by a Nintendo Rep)!

I had some time with Excite Truck, which was fun! Definitely fun playing it, but don't expect to be blown away by the graphics. The Wii is going to be a fun console, and isn't that what got everyone playing in the first place? Check it out at your local GameStop shops!

thanks

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
JB1981 said:
I graduated from Monmouth University!

This thread is so derailed. LOL.

LOL Monmouth County here too! I work for Monmouth U.... still crazy as hell, although we lost a student a couple days ago...

Back on topic,

I played a Wii today while on business up in Long Island at the Mall off of old country road in Westbury.....

Excite truck was the game and it didnt look great, but the tutorial was fun and I learned how to use the wiimote... You ahve to leave ID to play the game, they dont want you to leave the store (unless it was just me because I was a tall sexy black man) All in all it was fun. They need to tell people how to play before they pick up the controller, because I got fed up quickly before I found the tutorial..

Christopher

I'm adding to the jersey debate Montgomery Township > you.

Anyway awesomeness i wanted to at least TRY it before I def decide I didn't like it.

pdk27

Since this is now the where do you live in Jersey thread, I live in Old Bridge and work in Clifton.

Rivithed

I did not see the disc tray surrounding light turn on while I was there. I heard it turns on only at some points (during disc access?). At one point I heard something about an indicator/light going off when something was downloaded to the Wii ( on the Wii Connect 24). I'm not sure what the latest on that is, and I did ask the store manager. He wasn't aware that it even turned on, so that would lead me to suspect it turns on when new content is on. Anyone heard on that? But I give it thumbs up!!

Rivithed said:
Hi Guys!

y helo thar viral marketer!

koam

Why isn't wii sports the game they're showcasing? Excite Truck can be done on the ps3 controller.

Rivithed said:
Hi Guys!

Hell YEAH!!!! That is a few blocks away from UM! I'll be stopping by after work. I assume the Dadeland one has it as well.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Rivithed said:
Wish I was a viral marketer! Just a gaming fan like you kids.
:lol While I really don't think you are a viral marketer, you sure do type like one

Christopher

Mejilan said:
That's odd. The kiosks at the Nintendo World Store are perpetually lit up...

I can't wait till the wii is released so you can't stop mentioning the Nintendo World Store in like every thread now =\.

What games are going to be on display guys? I'd really like to try Zelda out and see if the controls are better.

dyls

While this thread is wandering in all different directions, anyone planning on going to the Universal Citywalk midnight shabang? GAF meetup perhaps?

cvxfreak

JB1981 said:
My local Gamestop has a Wii kiosk all set up and ready to go but they don't have a Wiimote yet! Apparently they'll have one tomorrow or Sat.

This is the Babbages in the Ocean County mall in Toms River, NJ.

Maybe they should try running a GC game on it.

Christopher-san said:
I can't wait till the wii is released so you can't stop mentioning the Nintendo World Store in like every thread now =\.

What games are going to be on display guys? I'd really like to try Zelda out and see if the controls are better.

EXCITE TRUCK

And some other places have Wii Sports and maybe Zelda.

Ranger X

jjasper said:
Man that is disappointing it looked really cool:(

It does lit up. It does so when you turn the Wii on/off. (There may be other instances i don't remember like if there's an error, pressing pause, when connecting, etc. I'm gonna check on that.)

Top Bottom