• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Boerseun

Banned
Ranger X said:
:lol :lol :lol Sonic and The Black Knight.
Those aren't Wii screens. Common. This trounces any Xbox and PS2 game. There's no way. Simply no way.

What's that Marbles game up there? Kororinpa 2 or a clone? (if it's a clone I might be happy to buy it on top of Kororinpa 2 that is coming)

Being on Wii it should trounce every Xbox and Ps2 game.

Blackface

Banned
If someone went back in time, and told me this

screenshot_806_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Is how games would look in 2009. I would have given up gaming and never looked back.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Trax416 said:

Is how games would look in 2009. I would have given up gaming and never looked back.
I wouldnt have believed it honestly. Nintendo is just that AMAZING

Ranger X said:
What's that Marbles game up there? Kororinpa 2 or a clone? (if it's a clone I might be happy to buy it on top of Kororinpa 2 that is coming)

It's Kororinpa 2 a.k.a. Marble Saga Kororinpa in the US. As far as I can tell the new "Marble Balance Challenge" name is only for the European market, since according to a recent gamespot article the EU version is "more balance-board focused".

Ranger X

Trax416 said:

There's a level editor too and we can exchange maps (+plus probably play them in multi). This game will own the universe.

pakkit

Banned
Pennywise83 said:
Family Ski: World Ski & Snowboard

The problem is now that some third-party developers are trying, it's hard to seperate the bullshots (Hello there, Castlevania Judgement) from the creme (oh, good day to you, Sega Titles).

Vinci

Danish
My god, Family Ski is pretty. Shocking considering how relatively simple the first one looked. Given its sales though, I suppose it makes sense to upgrade it.

The Moto GP screens suck. I'm sure it looks better in motion, but I could pick up a cheaper and better looking version for the original XBox.

pakkit said:
The problem is now that some third-party developers are trying, it's hard to seperate the bullshots (Hello there, Castlevania Judgement) from the creme (oh, good day to you, Sega Titles).

I think that ski shot is real, though cropped for some reason. The aliasing implies that it was taken from the internal buffer thingy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I love the look and style of Overkill but damn do I wish it had proper shadows. Blob shadows are so fucking ugly and I'm sure they could have pulled off something more accurate.

vareon

:O I never knew there's some new screenshots for cursed mountain. The last two shots looks interesting but I don't know anything about the game.

For comparison, here are pics from the other Haruhi Wi game, that's by Sega.

10fclk6.jpg

nx9fmv.jpg

2a9b69l.jpg

214wmf9.jpg

34y1f0x.jpg

The graphics style is kind of like Symphonia 2. The cel-shaded game looks far better.

I'd LOVE to see a Sonic game with that kind of cel-shading on the Wii! :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really wish developers/publishers would quit releasing Wii screens in resolutions way, way beyond what the Wii outputs. While it might help sell the game for some, for me it just says that the game looks like ass and they are trying to cover it up with a higher res and a heap of AA and AF.

ReiGun

Hero of Legend said:
For comparison, here are pics from the other Haruhi Wi game, that's by Sega.

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/haruhi_hei/080918/img/popup/04.jpg
http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/haruhi_hei/080918/img/popup/09.jpg
http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/haruhi_hei/080918/img/popup/08.jpg
http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/haruhi_hei/080918/img/popup/05.jpg

The graphics style is kind of like Symphonia 2. The cel-shaded game looks far better.

I'd LOVE to see a Sonic game with that kind of cel-shading on the Wii! :D
I dont see anything. Help please?

Bizzyb

Banned
Can't believe how great family ski looks...that has to be bullshots

And I love HoTD Overkills artistic style and use of the film reel filter effect

wsippel

Banned
vareon said:
:O I never knew there's some new screenshots for cursed mountain. The last two shots looks interesting but I don't know anything about the game.
There's some coverage in European publications every once in a while. A few more or less recent infos:

- No weapons. The enemies are ghosts after all. You defeat them using prayers.
- Gesture based combat system, support for Motion+ planned.
- Not much blood and gore, Deep Silver aims for more subtle, psychological horror.
- There's only one way: up. You can't get lost.
- Your endurance and agility decreases the higher you get.
- You'll need about 15 hours to finish the game.
- Joint project by Deep Silver Vienna, Sproing, Rabcat, Perspective and others.
- The development team consists of more than 140 people.
- Based on Sproing's proprietary Athena engine. Already sold to four other studios.

swerve

Bizzyb said:
Can't believe how great family ski looks...that has to be bullshots

I have the game, and those images are obviously higher resolution than the game running. But the game running *does* look that good, if you see what I mean.

The resolution may not be the same but the quality of the environments, the lighting, the effects and the feeling it all gives off when it comes together at its really nice, smooth framerate means that those are not a far cry from what you actually get.

The first time I rode down Mount Angrio I stopped to look around at the lovely clouds. Not often you want to stop to look around in a 3rd Party Wii game. I watch the replays after each race because they looks so cool.

Buy it. It's awesome. And there's no loading once you're on the mountain - just hop a (skippable) lift or copter ride back to the top. Totally seamless. I wish the photo mode were better than it is, just to let me capture some of the awesome scenes.

wsippel

Banned
TimeSplitters 4 Wii (Free Radical, canceled)

34xrfr7.jpg

3502arm.jpg

The Wii version was supposed to be a 3rd person shooter using downgraded PS360 assets as far as I know.

Meesh

wsippel said:

The Wii version was supposed to be a 3rd person shooter using downgraded PS360 assets as far as I know.

Why was it canceled, did they go under?

jay

Cursed Mountain looks interesting. Not sure about the enemies but the environments look very intriguing. Winter may have never gotten off the ground but god damn it I will play a Wii game set in snow.

Also this thread specifically keeps breaking Firefox.

GC|Simon

wsippel said:

[pictures]

WTF 3rd Person Shooter?! Wii needs Ego-Shooters.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dascu said:
Fuck, that would've been nice. The Wii needs more 3rd-person shooters.

This. There was another cancelled Wii 3rd-person shooter revealed recently and I said the exact same thing. I would have thought that RE4: Wii Edition's sales would have beat some sense into publishers, but apparently not.

Someone should post the new Real Heroes:Firefighters pics. It looks kinda blah, and I'm sure it'll suck, but I'm still intrigued. First person fire fighting FTW!

Top Bottom