• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Dascu

Andrex said:
This. There was another cancelled Wii 3rd-person shooter revealed recently and I said the exact same thing. I would have thought that RE4: Wii Edition's sales would have beat some sense into publishers, but apparently not.
It's absolute nonsense that no dev has tried to capitalize on RE4's success yet.

wsippel

Banned
GC|Simon said:
WTF 3rd Person Shooter?! Wii needs Ego-Shooters.
I think 3rd person actually works better with the Wiimote. The larger field of view mostly compensates the only shortcoming of the Wiimote (turning), and the Wiimote is still fast and precise enough to easily acquire targets, even though they appear smaller due to the perspective.

Bizzyb

Banned
swerve said:
I have the game, and those images are obviously higher resolution than the game running. But the game running *does* look that good, if you see what I mean.

The resolution may not be the same but the quality of the environments, the lighting, the effects and the feeling it all gives off when it comes together at its really nice, smooth framerate means that those are not a far cry from what you actually get.

The first time I rode down Mount Angrio I stopped to look around at the lovely clouds. Not often you want to stop to look around in a 3rd Party Wii game. I watch the replays after each race because they looks so cool.

Buy it. It's awesome. And there's no loading once you're on the mountain - just hop a (skippable) lift or copter ride back to the top. Totally seamless. I wish the photo mode were better than it is, just to let me capture some of the awesome scenes.

Thanks I just may try this one. Is it at all challenging for a non casual?

Also, a shame to see HAZE virtually kill Free Radical. I'm sick of this HD era killing of some of my favorite developers.

FFCC Echoes if Time (hey the DS and Wii versions are the same you know!)
mc7kw9.jpg

aeqi3n.jpg

v4p26h.jpg

286vhxl.jpg

2eyicd4.jpg

The King from MLAAK is in the game!

jaazbt.jpg

....so is the main character from Crystal Bearers:lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They're probably not "in" the game, just equipment. The Crystal Bearers jacket was in Ring of Fates as well.

It would be really cool if they could work in Yuri and other characters into the plot, though.

dock

SilverLunar said:
Haruhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~

71741520090121_175735_2_big.jpg

71741520090121_175735_0_big.jpg

71741520090121_175735_1_big.jpg
This looks pre-rendered. I'll be really impressed if these turn out to be real-time, just in terms of anti-aliasing and line quality really.

Vinci

Danish
farnham said:
uh isnt the wii version actually the one that is rated as the best by the critics unlike the next gen versions.?

Look at the adverts on the field in the shot he posted.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A Boy and his Blob.. yes.. the screens remind me a lot of the high quality art in Wario Land: Shake. Looking forward to it a lot.

pakkit

Banned
Virtua Tennis looks pretty bad. That ball is ridiculously oversized in the first pic, too. Oh well, hope it controls well. It's nice to see this and Grand Slam go head to head!

Top Bottom