• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
PantherLotus said:
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

I missed these sometime last week. Looks...interesting. If anybody can explain wtf this game is about, here's your chance.

Assuming it's the same as the ps2/GCN versions, it's just more or less Powerstone. Pretty mediocre gameplay, but as a licensed game it has plenty of goodies for fans of the show. Features just about any character you've seen with the proper voices. Many references to actual episodes. Final boss battle (at least the one I saw) is against the alien/meteor that sends billy around to suck people's brains - even features the song from that episode. Ending credits cracked me up, you can control Mandy and destroy the credits all while Billy is spazzing out screaming DESTROY US ALL! DESTROY US ALL! Good rental if you or your kids like the show.

NotWii

Banned
scola said:
Actually, I wonder if nintendo will slowly add content to the Mii library. That would be pretty cool actually. Hats, different clothes etc.
They better, I want heaps of fashion accessories like in Nintendogs (coloured wigs, top hats, sombreos, 3d glasses and stuff)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ennichi No Tatsujin

It's a creepy carnival of madness. Or at least that's what it looks like. That, and lots of fun mini-games. MINIGAMES OH HOW WE LOVE THEE.

Now lets try this again:

l_wk_0601020en01.jpg

l_wk_0601020en02.jpg

l_wk_0601020en03.jpg

l_wk_0601020en04.jpg

l_wk_0601020en05.jpg

l_wk_0601020en06.jpg

l_wk_0601020en07.jpg

l_wk_0601020en08.jpg

l_wk_0601020en09.jpg

l_wk_0601020en10.jpg

UPDATE (from IGN):
IGN said:
Ennichi no Tatsujin Update
Find out what's included in Bandai Namco's Japan-only launch title.
by Anoop Gantayat

October 20, 2006 - The most Japanese of the games scheduled to launch with the Wii in Japan on 12/2 is Bandai Namco's Ennichi no Tatsujin. Translated to the English "Festival Master," this mini-game collection replicates the experience of both playing games at a Japanese-style carnival and working in the stands.

The latest issue of Famitsu reveals that the game will contain at least nine games. Here's what's known so far.

Kingyo Sukui: Use the Wiimote to control a virtual net and grab goldfish from a tank.

Shateki: The Wiimote becomes a gun which you use to fire at bottles.

Takoyaki: Takoyaki (fried octopus) is a favorite treat amongst the Japanese. The Wiimote is used to flip the little octopus balls over.

Darts: Throw darts, striking targets in the specified order.

Balloon Art: Use the Wiimote and nunchuck to twist a balloon into shapes. Your movements must be timed to coincide with the background music.

Yo Yo Tsuri: The Wiimote is used to aim a paper string and hook onto balls in a bucket of water. The trick is to keep the string from tearing apart.

Wanage: Toss rings to grab prizes. To toss your rings, you shake the Wiimote.

Inoi no Kan: This is a fortune tellers house. The Wiimote and nunchuck are used to make a pair of virtual hands grasp a crystal fortune ball and hear a fortune for the day. That appears to be it.

Crepe: Make Japan's favorite poorly named sweet using the Wiimote. How? Well, we're not sure exactly. You have a limited time to reach a target number of crepes, and you must make sure to use the exact toppings requested by your customers.

Other games will be included as well. According to Famitsu, clearing all the norms in each game will open up a ghost house with a number of scary attractions.

This is likely to be one of the first Wii titles forever doomed to Japan-only release, so only those who manage to get their hands on an import Wii system will be able to enjoy it. For the rest, check back closer to launch for hands-on impressions.

The more I see of it, the more convinced I am that Wii Sports is going to be the standout launch title for Wii. Zelda will no doubt be fantastic, but in terms of making use of the system and proving what it is actually capable of, Wii Sports is going to come out ahead. It's certainly going to be a lot more than the shallow tech demo some people are keen to paint it as...

spengo

Cosmonaut X said:
The more I see of it, the more convinced I am that Wii Sports is going to be the standout launch title for Wii. Zelda will no doubt be fantastic, but in terms of making use of the system and proving what it is actually capable of, Wii Sports is going to come out ahead. It's certainly going to be a lot more than the shallow tech demo some people are keen to paint it as...

Yeah, I am getting more excited for Wii Sports every day. Check out this Tennis target practice video. I'm hoping to see more stuff like this that is going to make it a deeper experience.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/interview/vol4/movie06.html

Cosmonaut X said:

And with it being bundled with every Wii, it's a shoe-in for best selling game next gen ;p

Neko Tsukimi said:
Oooh, Ennichi No Tatsujin looks very EYE-POPPING! I wanna play it~

Why does in each one of your messages it seems like you are making this exact face while posting :

sparkleoi8.png

It cracks me up every time :lol ...

Oh, and to be on-topic. I have seen the new Wii Sports videos, and it really makes me want to try this game. It looks really nice and fun.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Need for Speed: Carbon

Screens look good...and I like the idea of multiple control options, but I'd still like to be able to map buttons where I choose... These EA guys always do their homework for this awesome series. Hopefully we'll here something about SSX soon.

bb34d14d3148fc352c5cfab8fa1292b7.jpg

b7e0c4009597bca06700222cd0c92bcf.jpg

7f7b0fe0db3de65ad69987ceca13e9ad.jpg

60bd0698b1b196269cc336b0cc3791d8.jpg

8442630a18faf87102aa829127832f7d.jpg

ed7ca82082bcdfeffbf32c3e5a06d2b9.jpg

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Scalemail Ted said:
I pray to god it controls well.... thats all i want, good controls, please deliver ubi.
It depends on what you classify as "good."

There are plenty of impressions of the final controls out.

kevm3

Wii does really good cel-shading as demonstrated by Dragon Ball... And the Sonic on Wii, stylistically, looks 10,000x better than Sonic on 360 and PS3. No sidekicks and no ugly, urban environments.

japtor said:
apparently the miis dont give a damn about bowling etiquette.

*laughing* I thought the same thing too!

And oh man, I want that Festival Master game now. Those turtles scream cute and I can not resist! :D

japtor

Nickovic said:
Oh, thanks. Is this an American thing? I have never heard of that before.
i have no clue actually. i just remember the 'dont go when someones up next to you' rule back when i bowled a lot with my friends, possibly learned about it cause a few of them didnt follow that rule at all...which always ended up in hilarious near disasters.

i remember one of my friends in nearly the exact same situation as the top bowling picture, girls on the left and right bowling slowly, then he runs up to his approach and launches the ball. good times.

theres a few sets of rules around:
http://www.google.com/search?q=bowling etiquette

AndoCalrissian said:
Holy crap... that looks effing awesome. Where the HELL is Fight Night EA? And Punch Out!! Nintendo? I seriously want to own three different boxing games.
i want title fight on vc w/wii controls, which would match up perfectly with the arcade machine:

ishackimageri5.jpg

and crappy pic of the game for those that dont know it:

ishackimageph5.jpg

Oh Title Fight, the game I really never wanted to play more than once or twice because the controls were all sweaty and greasy and kinda broken.

BrodiemanTTR said:
Oh Title Fight, the game I really never wanted to play more than once or twice because the controls were all sweaty and greasy and kinda broken.

I beat Title Fight. Proud moment in my young gaming life. I thought the damn machine was going to break because of how violently I was shaking those sticks.

Top Bottom