• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus said:
I know I'm not the first person to mention it, but a Ghostbusters game for the Wii would be quite compelling...
That would be awesome actually. Three people hold down the ghost while the forth uses the nunchuck to throw the trap. The speaker on each Wii remote could make their own individual stream sound.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kororinpina looks like a ball (pun, lolz).

But seriously, I'm with everyone else... It looks awesome, could be a great sleeper hit.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Benadryl Hitman said:
That would be awesome actually. Three people hold down the ghost while the forth uses the nunchuck to throw the trap. The speaker on each Wii remote could make their own individual stream sound.
Add in the digitized "He slimed me" from the C64 game and I'll buy it day one.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Red Steel

And we thought split-screening was over. Well, at least they have left things to add for the sequel! (online multiplayer support)

scr_078.jpg

SuomiDude

Looks way more detailed than REmake, even if that was pre-rendered. Though I'm not sure what the hell it's going to be actually, there was those full 3D-parts in the short trailer afterall..........

So far, Excite Truck looks to have the best graphics (and most fun gameplay) yet seen on Wii. After that, I'd go with Mario Galaxy. Then Metroid Prime 3 for 3rd place.

Open Season excluded.

dannie

[Nintex] said:
Holy shit Tony hawk actually looks worse then before!
the pic is from old verion~~I'm sure:) it just we haven't seen before~not mean new
scr_059.jpg

tony-hawks-downhill-jam-20061009025139811.jpg

that guy is now look like this~~~~~not yellow hair any more

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
[Nintex] said:
Holy shit Tony hawk actually looks worse then before!

Agreed. I thought they had left that muddy style behind and were pursuing a brighter SSX-like look. What Activision needs to learn that EA BIG's developers learned along time ago (SSX) is that bright colors can overcome technical limitations.

But I'm strongly disappointed in these new releases. Horrible art, horrible (as in, middle-ground GC stuff) textures, jaggies everywhere, and horriffic walls. They all look so muddy.

Obviously, this is only a discussion regarding the graphics, it might very well be a good play...but they're going to need to polish this turd a bit to get more people to actually play it. The best thing they have going for it at this point are some quality locations. They really just need to take a page out of EA BIG's book and take out the walls, GTFO of the city (cities expose graphical limitations), and really 'tighten up the graphics on level 3.'

Activision, please step up this game. You were so so close by pursuing a SSX-like control system and gameplay, but there is absolutely no reason this game should look worse than the original SSX (2001). Get with it already.

Top Bottom