• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Fragile

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Ranger X

Some of those MarioKart pics are older than the sun but that looks nice. I'm having some hope again. (i clearly don't know why since i've been deceived by every single MarioKart except the SNES one...)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ranger X said:
Some of those MarioKart pics are older than the sun but that looks nice. I'm having some hope again. (i clearly don't know why since i've been deceived by every single MarioKart except the SNES one...)

Yeah, the first four are. But with so few out there and what looks to be newer information out there (Classic/DS tracks included on the Wii version?), I like to start from the beginning.

And yeah, it does look pretty good so far. My biggest problem with all of them post-SNES (didn't play DS version) was the sense of speed being hindered by the size of passing objects. They need to bring the height on those things down and make this thing FAST.

Ranger X

PantherLotus said:
Yeah, the first four are. But with so few out there and what looks to be newer information out there (Classic/DS tracks included on the Wii version?), I like to start from the beginning.

And yeah, it does look pretty good so far. My biggest problem with all of them post-SNES (didn't play DS version) was the sense of speed being hindered by the size of passing objects. They need to bring the height on those things down and make this thing FAST.

My main grip about Mario Kart games is that they are relying too much on luck. It started good on the SNES. While there was luck involved, the main reason as of why you win the race is not the luck. It was carefull use of item + driving skills.
That genuine balance + the incredibly nice and truly "heat seeker" style of the red shell completely disappeared with Mario Kart 64 and never came back...

maxmars

Actually MK doesn't look good to me, textures aren't very detailed and poly count is very low. Is it nostalgia or Double Dash actually looked better?

The only good shot is that snowy one with DK going down a slope.

Lobster

Banned
maxmars said:
Actually MK doesn't look good to me, textures aren't very detailed and poly count is very low. Is it nostalgia or Double Dash actually looked better?

Double Dash didn't look better. I played it recently and no way. Lighting in MKWii is better and there are more polygons.

maxmars said:

Same here! Don't like the Details of Mario Kart! Galaxy Style should be possible :(

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
No More Heroes

The one with the bike jumping over the hill makes me thing this game has potential to
be the best looking 3rd-party game on the Wii yet. Definite Vice City feel with awesome
sight distance.

282.jpg

283.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

287.jpg

288.jpg

289.jpg

290.jpg

291.jpg

292.jpg

293.jpg

Arde5643

Dolphin said:
That's weird, I was under the impression that it was horrifically ugly.
Taste, taste, taste - there's all kind of taste, dear sir.

I just think you don't have the same good taste as me. :D

Dolphin

Banned
Arde5643 said:
Then you need a new pair of eyes, dear sir.
Chuck away your old eyes and burn them since obviously your old eyes have been tainted and corrupted by bad taste.
You're kidding right? Take away the clichéd Anime and look at it.
45.jpg

I mean really now.

Arde5643

Dolphin said:
You're kidding right? Take away the clichéd Anime and look at it.
45.jpg

I mean really now.
Ah sorry, for a second there I thought you were replying to the No More Heroes comment from Nintex.

Terribly sorry, sir - a mistake of mine indeed.

Krowley

Best looking wii games

So far these are (imo) the best looking wii games announced or released.

Listed (roughly) In order of release, with unreleased games last. Some are good games, some are bad games, some are terrible games, but all of them are kinda pretty.

Twilight Princess (surpassed now many times over, but was among the best looking at release)
TP.jpg

Red Steel
redsteel.jpeg

Rayman Raving Rabbids
rayman-raving-rabbids.jpg

SSX Blur
SSXBlur.jpeg

Sonic and the secret rings
Sonic.jpeg

Harry Potter
harry-20070621060502595.jpg

RE4
Re4.jpeg

Boogie
boogie.jpg

Dewy's Adventure
dewys-adventure-20070910034441197.jpg

Metroid Prime 3
metroid-prime-3-corruption.jpg

Zack and Wiki
zackandwiki.jpg

Super mario galaxy
super_mario_galaxy_11.jpg

REUC
reuc.jpeg

Endless Ocean
forever-blue-20070705094426374.jpg

Smash Brothers
Smashbrothers.jpeg

Nights
nights.jpeg

No More Heroes
no-more-heroes.jpg

Vanillaware Game
oboro10.jpg

Horsez 2
Horsez2.jpg.jpeg

FFCC
FFCC.jpg

Fragile
11.jpg

Okami (ps2 version, but it will look about the same)
Okami.jpeg

Kings Story
ksheader.jpg

And that's all.. Mostly did this post for myself because I wanted to see them all together in a row. Sort of a compulsive thing.

Krowley

egocrata said:
You forgot SSX Blur, a game that looks damn sexy in motion.

Added it. You're right.

Innotech said:
where the hell did the shooter come from?!

DO WANT!

If you're reffering to my post, you must be talking about Red Steel. Not nessecarily a great game, but very good looking in some spots.

Innotech

Banned
Krowley said:
Added it. You're right.

If you're reffering to my post, you must be talking about Red Steel. Not nessecarily a great game, but very good looking in some spots.
no sorry, I mean the shmup game. I didnt see a thread for it.

Arde5643

Cross dressing main character from Fragile

and

Sylvia in bikini from NMH

And so the world balances itself in its cheesecake quotient.

Top Bottom