• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-e-f-

Banned
ZombiU was on the list so thats all we'll prolly get.

there are more than ZombiU ...basically all the games we've already seen (Batman, Rayman, Rabbids, etc).

Safest assumption: we will hear NOTHING new about Wii U from Gamescom. Don't expect anything. Nintendo is gonna be the one revealing new stuff in their Nintendo Direct or pre-TGS thing (those two might turn out to be the same thing). At this point, I'm not expecting any third party to announce something until AFTER Nintendo had their Date & Price event.

Banned
On the discussion of the "Capcom Wii U game coming soon".

What if... just what if *enter drugs* Megaman Legends 3 o_o wasn't completely cancelled but moved to Wii U!

*enter more drugs*

And it has better visuals, better gameplay, more this, more that, play on the Gamepad feature available.

Haha!

No, imposible.
omg2.jpg

Meelow

Banned
Doesn't seem like they would announce it separately if it was currently in the cards.

Uhh yeah they would, developers do it all the time and Remember Me is coming out in 2013 which we know Nintendo will announce 2013 games in September.

I don't think we're going to see any news. It's the next Nintendo Direct that we're going to see some news. That's where I'm expecting for the Capcom announcement.

I saw the EA conference from Gamescom. The only game that has potential to see a Wii U version is Sim City. The rest is for dudebros that want shooters and sports games.

I still want Dead Space 3 on Wii U.

chris3116

I just hope we get some Wii U news at Gamescom.

And I really hope Remember Me gets announced for Wii U.

I don't think we're going to see any news. It's the next Nintendo Direct that we're going to see some news. That's where I'm expecting for the Capcom announcement.

I saw the EA conference from Gamescom. The only game that has potential to see a Wii U version is Sim City. The rest is for dudebros that want shooters and sports games.

Effect

ZombiU was on the list so thats all we'll prolly get.

Most likely. I'm not expecting anything though it would be nice if there was something talked about.

I'm getting more and more interested in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Especially if the tutorial system that is suppose to be in the game ends up being decent and actually is able to instruct players on how to play. Not just a mode where you can practice moves like Street Fighter. That has never helped me and part of why I got rid of the 3DS game.

Pharros

Just a quick question, was NHL 13 mentioned at the EA conference? If so was there anything regarding a Wii U version? A quick glance over the thread says no, but I thought it was worth checking with you guys. FIFA and NFL fans are happy, what about us NHL fans :(

Megaman .

I’d buy a Megaman built on the new MT Framework with RE controls and Metroid level design. Each level could have two bosses, a sub-boss and an over boss. You need a different sub bosses power to reach each overboss…

I know.... I know...

D-e-f-

Banned
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2

Make it happen Capcom

Really? That'd be such a bummer if it's ANOTHER Vs.-fighting game ...

The original Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was cool because that came out right when the whole fighting game thing breathed new life thanks to Street Fighter 4 but at this point after re-release after re-release with updates and Ultimate Super EX editions and Marvel Vs. Capcom and Street Fighter x Tekken and this and that, I just don't see how another one of those games would be exciting at this point in time...

jerd

Capcom Wii U announcement 'very soon'

Thanks Vook for pointing this one out.

Zack and Wiki 2. Believe!

On the discussion of the "Capcom Wii U game coming soon".

What if... just what if *enter drugs* Megaman Legends 3 o_o wasn't completely cancelled but moved to Wii U!

*enter more drugs*

And it has better visuals, better gameplay, more this, more that, play on the Gamepad feature available.

Haha!

No, imposible.

*Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype*

Enter- "Dead Rising: Chop til You Drop 2: Chop Some More!"

jerd

Honestly though I wouldn't mind seeing a Wii U Monster Hunter game. I still regret missing out on Tri and will probably pick it up when the U comes out.

prag16

Banned
Really? That'd be such a bummer if it's ANOTHER Vs.-fighting game ...

The original Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was cool because that came out right when the whole fighting game thing breathed new life thanks to Street Fighter 4 but at this point after re-release after re-release with updates and Ultimate Super EX editions and Marvel Vs. Capcom and Street Fighter x Tekken and this and that, I just don't see how another one of those games would be exciting at this point in time...

QFT

D-e-f-

Banned
I’d buy a Megaman built on the new MT Framework with RE controls and Metroid level design.

So you want a 3D Mega Man game? With fixed camera angles and tank controls or with modern RE-controls?

I need this info to fill out the form so I can summon the dudes with the straitjackets.

there are more than ZombiU ...basically all the games we've already seen (Batman, Rayman, Rabbids, etc).

Safest assumption: we will hear NOTHING new about Wii U from Gamescom. Don't expect anything. Nintendo is gonna be the one revealing new stuff in their Nintendo Direct or pre-TGS thing (those two might turn out to be the same thing). At this point, I'm not expecting any third party to announce something until AFTER Nintendo had their Date & Price event.
Well yea the games we know. Im interested in Zombiu the most..looks like theres a new trailer for it up.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
HYPED!!!.
The CGI parts and the narrative were nice, but I cannot help think it looks worse now than at E3. Many textures appear to be low resolution, the water effects don't look more impressive than that of the first version of Half-Life 2 (PC), lighting isn't as immersive as in gameplay videos prior to this trailer. Also, I can't tell if the painting at 02:14 is a texture or an object. No bashing here or anything, I just think this looks worse than what was shown at E3.

Maybe it's an older build and not representative of what the game currently looks like. Hopefully direct gameplay footage shows a better looking game.

Meelow

Banned
Rösti;41013256 said:
The CGI parts and the narrative were nice, but I cannot help think it looks worse now than at E3. Many textures appear to be low resolution, the water effects don't look more impressive than that of the first version of Half-Life 2 (PC), lighting isn't as immersive as in gameplay videos prior to this trailer. Also, I can't tell if the painting at 02:14 is a texture or an object. No bashing here or anything, I just think this looks worse than what was shown at E3.

Maybe it's an older build and not representative of what the game currently looks like. Hopefully direct gameplay footage shows a better looking game.

Wouldn't shocked me if it was an older build, EA did it and at the start of the trailer it shows the old Wii U logo (the lighter blue and not the darker blue which we have now).

Banned
Ign just gave Darksiders II a 7.5/10. Luckily, Metacritic is around 85. It's being praised but not GOTY worthy. A good mid budget title. Still not sure if I want it for PC or Wii U.

edit: I think this quote to me means I'm getting it for PC unless it's fixed for the Wii U version. The first one on the PS3 didn't do or look like this to me.

While too many of the environments in Darksiders II are shockingly similar, some of them are well thought out and epic to behold, as are many of the characters and enemies found within. Unfortunately, the graphics aren’t quite up to snuff with the current generation of hardware. Some of the textures are so pixilated they look like they belong on a Wii, such as the oft-used skull and bones pattern (which is alarmingly flat, and thereby entirely unconvincing). It’s a shame, as the mediocre graphics underscore the game’s inspired art design. The animations are also quite choppy, as the game suffers from some fairly frequent framerate issues. There’s rarely enough happening onscreen to justify these MMO-like graphics. It looks good enough that it usually won’t distract from the adventure, but compared to similar games like God of War 3, the graphical presentation of Darksiders II is subpar.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/darksiders-ii-review

I said I wouldn't expect it to be announced at a separate date if it was currently being developed alongside the other versions.
I understand where you're coming from in this. However there a people who believe an NDA is preventing discussion on games already announced on other consoles that will still launch along side their counterparts. I see that you feel you're being a realist, and maybe you are, but people like to hope.

Kinda want but the graphics don't wow me.

Graphical fidelity should be orthogonal to your desire for a game. This isn't a movie. :p

The game looks like a breath of fresh air to me. It's really weird that Nintendo has a new system, and the only games that genuinely, strongly interest me so far are third party games.

I think he's looking for a link to your assertion that Valve is using Nintendo IP in their products
or maybe an explanation of what the hell you're actually talking about

Graphical fidelity should be orthogonal to your desire for a game. This isn't a movie. :p

The game looks like a breath of fresh air to me. It's really weird that Nintendo has a new system, and the only games that genuinely, strongly interest me so far are third party games.

I think he's looking for a link to your assertion that Valve is using Nintendo IP in their products
or maybe an explanation of what the hell you're actually talking about
Yes the spoiled part.

Stewox

Banned
My contribution of the day !!!

uGDZS.gif

Thanks to WiiUAndMii on the irc for the original gif, and to whoever is the author, i hope you don't mind my frenetic pimpin' :p

Remember the doctor

and agent reggie

vcyp1.jpg

I didn't made anymore than this one, better get working on something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom