• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzaK

Ign just gave Darksiders II a 7.5/10. Luckily, Metacritic is around 85. It's being praised but not GOTY worthy. A good mid budget title. Still not sure if I want it for PC or Wii U.

edit: I think this quote to me means I'm getting it for PC unless it's fixed for the Wii U version. The first one on the PS3 didn't do or look like this to me.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/darksiders-ii-review
That's because the Wii U version will have all the sexy textures :)

Chances of Nintendo announcing a Nintendo Direct today?
They shouldnt bother and just wait until September because if there is something in August it will be lame anyway.

D-e-f-

Banned
Ign just gave Darksiders II a 7.5/10. Luckily, Metacritic is around 85. It's being praised but not GOTY worthy. A good mid budget title. Still not sure if I want it for PC or Wii U.

edit: I think this quote to me means I'm getting it for PC unless it's fixed for the Wii U version. The first one on the PS3 didn't do or look like this to me.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/darksiders-ii-review

that part where the reviewer wants to compare Darksiders II and God of War 3 in terms of graphics is just plain stupid. Sure, let's compare a free-rotating camera multiplatform title with a fixed, directed-camera title that is a platform exclusive in a series particularly known for its visual prowess on the platform it's on.

... oh my.

Yeah I think I'm actually day 1 for ZombiU now. Does anyone remember if it is launch or launch window?

launch!

Effect

I'm sick of Capcom with this very soon crap, they said the same thing about Monster Hunter news

Best to ignore anything and everything Capcom says in regard to Nintendo systems. They seem to be actively trolling at this point. Or if that's the wrong term I would say they're purposefully being jerks with people. They have to know by now they are just frustrating people and teasing and keeping them interested.

What makes you say that?.
Announcing a date not a Nintendo direct today.

Multiple publishers preparing Wii U announcements, says MCV

MCV understands that a number of publishers are preparing Wii U announcements – with only Ubisoft, EA and Warner Bros the major vocal supporters to the console thus far.

Seems like some publishers are ready to announce stuff so Im just being hypothetical.

btw from the site you go for nintendo news.

So I didnt watch the sony conference but Im reading the thread and there are posts saying Sony releasing WiiU and WiiU doa and all that..whats exactly going on? Did they do some vita stuff or something?

D-e-f-

Banned

during demos and in interviews they repeatedly said "at launch"

So I didnt watch the sony conference but Im reading the thread and there are posts saying Sony releasing WiiU and WiiU doa and all that..whats exactly going on? Did they do some vita stuff or something?

They did a Wii U thing with LittleBigPlanet 2 and the Vita ... you play the game using the Vita but it's on the TV and Sackboy moves from screen to VIta somtimes and you can manipulate things via touch.

It's a stealth ad for the Wii U basically.

I didn't check out that thread but people are just being full on idiots again.

Meelow

Banned

They showed Little Big Planet 2 using cross play with the Vita and some people said Wii U because it looks like Sony is advertising the Wii U, but I lol at the one guy that said "this looks so much better than Wii 1/2" sounds like a fanboy comment to me.

during demos and in interviews they repeatedly said "at launch"

They did a Wii U thing with LittleBigPlanet 2 and the Vita ... you play the game using the Vita but it's on the TV and Sackboy moves from screen to VIta somtimes and you can manipulate things via touch.

It's a stealth ad for the Wii U basically.

I didn't check out that thread but people are just being full on idiots again.

They showed Little Big Planet 2 using cross play with the Vita and some people said Wii U because it looks like Sony is advertising the Wii U, but I lol at the one guy that said "this looks so much better than Wii 1/2" sounds like a fanboy comment to me.
Hmmm wonder how that will work out for sony..It kinda is like stealth wiiu advertising..Sony does what Nintendont I guess..but then again..sony do what Nintendo.

...an old game that didn't sell all that well with a feature that requires you to own a system you most likely don't. Is that correct?

D-e-f-

Banned
...an old game that didn't sell all that well with a feature that requires you to own a system you most likely don't. Is that correct?

Yes, that's exactly what they're doing :)

Hmmm wonder how that will work out for sony..It kinda is like stealth wiiu advertising..Sony does what Nintendont I guess..but then again..sony do what Nintendo.

Sony always do what NintenDoneBefore ... only with more shiny tech :)
(well aside from the CD, DVD and Blu Ray thing but that came thanks to the other Sony divisions^^)

prag16

Banned
Yeah, and the Wii U versions will be coming after the other versions.

Okay, are you just being obtuse deliberately at this point?. They're forced to come later because the Wii U will not have launched yet. You don't know if they could/would have come earlier had the Wii U launched earlier. And if they did, you don't know if they would/wouldn't have been announced at the same time.

You're just, as per usual, going out of your way to be as negative as you possibly can. I'm beginning to think you "I will be buying a Wii U" claim may be a lie, and that you're only saying that to try to claim you're not anti-Nintendo.

PhantomR

Banned
I said I wouldn't expect it to be announced at a separate date if it was currently being developed alongside the other versions.

Do you really believe with a straight face that FIFA and Madden started development for Wii U a few weeks ago?

Come on son, you're reaching.

LBP 2 Vita connectivity.

It's like the Gamecube-GBA thing, only eight years later.
Oh ok.
Unless Ubisoft packs in a Vita with the game, this is a daft notion.
You right. Now I think about they want customers to buy a vita just so they can experience that kinda gameplay. 250$. Might work for sony fans thats it.

Edit: It seems like you guys are arguing a never ending argument with van owen lol.. geez.

Roo

Rösti;41013256 said:
The CGI parts and the narrative were nice, but I cannot help think it looks worse now than at E3. Many textures appear to be low resolution, the water effects don't look more impressive than that of the first version of Half-Life 2 (PC), lighting isn't as immersive as in gameplay videos prior to this trailer. Also, I can't tell if the painting at 02:14 is a texture or an object. No bashing here or anything, I just think this looks worse than what was shown at E3.

Maybe it's an older build and not representative of what the game currently looks like. Hopefully direct gameplay footage shows a better looking game.

I feel the same way
but to be honest, they were using the old Wii U logo so there are chances that this is just an old build

Sadist

Thought mine was a bit more understandable :)

Not to shit on the feature if there are some LBP lovers lurking the thread now, because I really liked the idea of the GC-GBA connection while playing FF Crystal Chronicles. The problem is, the entrance fee to multiscreen fun was far too expensive. Sony is making the same mistake with the LBP 2 demonstration/idea.

Meelow

Banned
Wii U marketing in Germany, don't know why they are using Wii box art with Wii U logo, hopefully they are getting the updated ones soon, got this from Go-Nintendo.

8b520465.jpg

If ZombiU is not up your alley, maybe this is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOJbkBsuR9M

Tank! Tank! Tank!
New trailer

Huh. Looks better than I expected. Parts of it make me think "Ah, multiplayer Blast Corps with monsters". Not really for me (to some extent this is obvious, given the rather explicit marketing direction of the trailer), but it definitely doesn't look like a rush job.

wiiumarketing.jpeg

Heh. "Wii Gonna Rock U"

Roo

Wii U marketing in Germany, don't know why they are using Wii box art with Wii U logo, hopefully they are getting the updated ones soon, got this from Go-Nintendo.

8b520465.jpg

I have the exact same placeholders at my local Gamestop and BestBuy

8b520465.jpg
Heh Wii gonna Rock U! lol..

Finna take a nap hopefully some hype type news is up when I get up. :/

edit: I just realized I made almost the same comment as gameplaywhore.

Van Owen

Banned
Do you really believe with a straight face that FIFA and Madden started development for Wii U a few weeks ago?

Come on son, you're reaching.

Did I say that...?

Do I think Remember will come to Wii U? Very possible.

Do I think it will hit the same time as 360 and ps3? Possibly not. Although if it's delayed past May it's more possible.

Don't rally see how I'm being negative, or why Nintendo wouldn't want Capcom announcing a game due in 2013.

To those complaining about ZombiU graphics in the new trailer... come on, you remember what the game looked like at the last convention. You remember the threads and comments about how much better it looked etc than the first reveal. Use your eyes and your brains. Think back to what you know of trailers for games and how many times shit footage is used to make promos (for some reason). The game will look great, just like it did in the off screen footage everyone was praising a few weeks ago. One look at this trailer and you can pretty obviously see its not final. I dont know why companies release trailers like this using old footage of games but they do. Count on it looking great on your tvs.

jerd

Did I say that...?

Do I think Remember will come to Wii U? Very possible.

Do I think it will hit the same time as 360 and ps3? Possibly not. Although if it's delayed past May it's more possible.

Don't rally see how I'm being negative, or why Nintendo wouldn't want Capcom announcing a game due in 2013.

I think this is reasonable. Unfortunately, I feel like companies are waiting to see how the "test games" do. Same situation we are in with Watch Dogs. If/when we do get them, they will probably be direct ports with very little Wii U specific functionality, and probably slightly later than other versions. I feel like we are close enough to Wii U launch that if they were planning on launching a game with PS360 versions, they would have announced them at the same time.

prag16

Banned
I feel like we are close enough to Wii U launch that if they were planning on launching a game with PS360 versions, they would have announced them at the same time.

Not when Nintendo was/is apparently telling everyone not to talk about non launch window games.

chris3116

My gut feeling is that they'll announce a Nintendo Direct sometime after 3DSXL/NSMB2 come out in NA. Could be a day, could be a week.

If there's a Nintendo direct for Wii U, it will be after the releases of 3DS XL and NSMB 2. We don't know if the supposed fall conference is confirmed at all. I'm expecting a Nintendo direct to announce this conference.

Any sign of any lag..?

Stulaw

Has anyone actually thought that it's not just Nintendo putting up NDA's. The publishers use NDA's made by themselves quite alot at standalone press events that they don't tell the public about. They show a game off and ask journalists not to mention anything until a certain time and date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom