• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you propose they do? I agree that it's getting a little out of hand, but you can't ban people from having an opinion.

I think the people that are calling the graphics outright bad are crazy though.

Well for one you can start asking posters to explain WHY the graphics look bad and how they could be better rather than just letting people LOL and shit on everything. See, if someone has an outrageous opinion thats fine. But to not back it up with reasons strangles the life out of any chance for an actual discussion. Instead of people talking about real life differences in how graphics can look etc etc it becomes a war of emotions which leads nowhere.

"Opinions" are great and all, but i find it a bit alarming that we allow people to choke the life out of all social interaction online by being total assholes and then when someone points the finger they get out of jail free by suddenly playing the opinion card. I dont suggest limiting peoples opinions, i suggest making them describe their reasoning intelligently. This same shit happened on Team Liquids site years ago when all the brain dead noobs got dragged in by SC2. Suddenly there were all these drive by posters just looking to shit everything up. An offensive opinion is somehow protected by the magical wizards of the universe, but when you are running a forum or a society, its dangerous i think to let anyone do anything or say anything just to preserve the "sacred" opinion.

A discussion, ideally, wouldnt consist of the same arguments over and over and over and over where no one ever concedes anything to the opposing side and nothing is learned or revealed over the course of the discussion. But ive noticed on GAF, particularly regarding Nintendo, its the same circular shit fest always started by the same people.

Think about that... the same shit fest, started by the same people. I find that interesting.

I personally have a realistic view of the Wii U. Im sure it will be great, but there will always be things to be let down by. Not everything will be perfect thats just how gaming goes. I personally loved the Wii, but i felt it needed more games, more often. Also, an HDMI port would have been nice considering the great art in games like Mario Galaxy or Skyward Sword. Now we are getting those things with the Wii U and losing nothing. Motion plus is still there, standard controls are back as well for those who find moving their wrists 2 inches to be confusing and far too difficult to master. Im pretty happy. I could be happier, but i think its going to be great, especially in time.

D-e-f-

Banned
http://www.gram.pl/art_9gPlH,5_Adventurer_przygodowy_FPS_z_Polski_wrazenia_z_pokazu.html

Here is a link to some pics, they say its like a FP Uncharted and Tomb Raider, it looks that way too
Edit I dont know if this is that is the WiiU game, it says that game is called Adventurer, the WiiU game says painkiller up there

http://www.giantbomb.com/painkiller-hell-damnation/61-38535/

They are remaking the first Painkiller right now. Maybe that's what they're referring to?

So do we know if this is coming to Wii U?.

Hold your horses there! Would be cool but for now, let's assume that it's the Painkiller since the original source that mentioned Wii U also mentioned a Painkiller title.

Meelow

Banned
I'm not including E3's for 3DS, i'm talking conferences by Nintendo where they only talked about 3DS and nothing else.

If you wanna count the pre E3 Nintendo direct ok, but they had a year long build up to 3DS launch where WiiU has been much more quite.

Their is also the Nintendo Direct that should be on October 21 which will also be all about Wii U, Nintendo's plan can be hyping it so much at the last minute.

http://www.giantbomb.com/painkiller-hell-damnation/61-38535/

Hold your horses there! Would be cool but for now, let's assume that it's the Painkiller since the original source that mentioned Wii U also mentioned a Painkiller title.

I'm confused than, someone said it is Painkiller than I hear Adventurer.

AzaK

What do you propose they do? I agree that it's getting a little out of hand, but you can't ban people from having an opinion.

I think the people that are calling the graphics outright bad are crazy though.

It's also pretty obvious to tell the difference between a poster that's legitimately concerned and explains their reasons and one that's obviously just shit-stirring. Guidelines and warnings could be a start.

Anyway, as I understand it back-seat modding is frowned upon so I'll stop here. But I wish mods got a little harder on folks for just filling threads with shit talk.

jmizzal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painkiller_(video_game)

Looks like a new version of this PC game series is coming to WiiU from them

Painkiller: Hell and Damnation

http://worthplaying.com/event/E3_2012/PostE3_2012/86392/

Some pics and info of the new Pain Killer game, i'm sure they are PC pics tho

"Multiplayer modes were only mentioned very briefly, and though the game will feature a handful of standard multiplayer modes such as deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag, there will also be some others. Co-op support was also teased as a potential multiplayer option, with other teasers including the potential for console and WiiU support."

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The document doesn't suggest "Adventurer" is coming to Wii U, as far as I can tell. Though with their interest for Wii U and bringing the Painkiller series to it, maybe they're experimenting with other things as well.

As for the quote about Nintendo being selective when it comes to game development within the coming years (I believe that could mean up to and including the launch window of Durango and Orbis respectively), it could simply be they are trying to cut down on the amount of shovelware (as in direct opposition to what we saw on Wii). And that they prefer ideas that take unique or at least good use of the Wii U GamePad over those that do not. This could explain the lack of games presented so far. There might not be a hundredfold titles, but those that will be available in the first year may be of higher "quality". Nothing like Escape from Bug Island or similar.

The fact that threads end up like this so far, is a moderation problem (Second to the idiots themselves who post)

No, no, no, seems you weren't copied in on the memo! It's everyone else's fault. Just continue to put up being poked by a stick and stop moaning. Use the ignore list (for what it's worth.)

ThankeeSai

Not visited this thread for some time and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me an update on any new news?

I've heard about the possibility that the European release may be put back, anything else noteworthy?

Also, does anyone happen to know any news about Darksiders 2 and if it will be a launch title? Ideally looking to wait till Wii U release, but my 360 is crying out for it, too and the wait may be too long :(

Meelow

Banned
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painkiller_(video_game)

Looks like a new version of this PC game series is coming to WiiU from them

Painkiller: Hell and Damnation

http://worthplaying.com/event/E3_2012/PostE3_2012/86392/

Some pics and info of the new Pain Killer game, i'm sure they are PC pics tho

"Multiplayer modes were only mentioned very briefly, and though the game will feature a handful of standard multiplayer modes such as deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag, there will also be some others. Co-op support was also teased as a potential multiplayer option, with other teasers including the potential for console and WiiU support."

Well that's good, It looks good and it's a mature third party game, which makes me happy.

Rösti;41029664 said:
The document doesn't suggest "Adventurer" is coming to Wii U, as far as I can tell. Though with their interest for Wii U and bringing the Painkiller series to it, maybe they're experimenting with other things as well.

As for the quote about Nintendo being selective when it comes to game development within the coming years (I believe that could mean up to and including the launch window of Durango and Orbis respectively), it could simply be they are trying to cut down on the amount of shovelware (as in direct opposition to what we saw on Wii). And that they prefer ideas that take unique or at least good use of the Wii U GamePad over those that do not. This could explain the lack of games presented so far. There might not be a hundredfold titles, but those that will be available in the first year may be of higher "quality". Nothing like Escape from Bug Island or similar.

As long as Nintendo does everything they can to get games like GTAV and Watch Dogs, etc than I'm happy.

The shovelware on the Wii was horrible.

I really cant wait for this Sept Conf from Nintendo to see the 2013 support, we are gonna see which Publishers are full of it and which ones are supporting the platform.

It's not a guarantee that we're going to see major game announcements at the fall conference, right? I mean, I want them as much as anybody else, but why are we assuming that such announcements are so close.

Nilaul

Ok so far:

Wii:

Last story
Xenoblade
Pandora's tower
Disaster Day of Crisis
Wii Fit,
Wii Sports,
Wii Play
Wii Party

3DS:

Pushmo
freakyforms
rolling westen,

DS:
Soma Bringer
Glory of Hercules
Art Academy
Brain Training

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
There are also some really minor ones from Japan, but probably not even worth mentioning.

Stewox

Banned
wow, C&C red alert, this guy has good tastes ! :roxorsmileywithsunglasses:

it's red alert 2

Did i ever told anyone that the discussions which i mostly dislike are: price & release date ... because it feels like wasting time i rather just do something else while waiting.

Nilaul

Endless Ocean?

yes!

Theres also another game were you control water it self :p
So far:

Wii:

Last story
Xenoblade
Pandora's tower
Disaster Day of Crisis
Wii Fit,
Wii Sports,
Wii Play
Wii Party
Endless Ocean

3DS:

Pushmo
freakyforms
rolling westen,

DS:
Soma Bringer
Glory of Hercules
Art Academy
Brain Training

Nilaul

There are also some really minor ones from Japan, but probably not even worth mentioning.

There all worth mentioning :p

Wii:

Last story
Xenoblade
Pandora's tower
Disaster Day of Crisis
Wii Fit,
Wii Sports,
Wii Play
Wii Party
Endless Ocean
Fluidity

3DS:

Pushmo
freakyforms
Dillon's rolling western
Steel Driver

DS:
Soma Bringer
Glory of Hercules
Art Academy
Brain Training

jmizzal

It's not a guarantee that we're going to see major game announcements at the fall conference, right? I mean, I want them as much as anybody else, but why are we assuming that such announcements are so close.

Iwata said we will see 2013 support at the Fall Conference, I would think he means 3rd party too since their is not one 3rd party WiiU game announced outside of the launch window. Other wise why would 3rd parties be holding back announcements?

ikeg

Last story, Xenoblade, Pandora's tower. Pushmo, freakforms, rolling western,

Did I miss anything? Theres this water game also isnt there?

How could you forget CAPTAIN RAINBOW!!!?

captain-rainbow.jpg

D-e-f-

Banned
Don't forget FlingSmash :p
Oh and what about Elite Beat Agents? And the Rhythm Heaven games (or did they start earlier?)

Nintendo definitely published a lot of original stuff.

jmizzal

There all worth mentioning :p

Wii:

Last story
Xenoblade
Pandora's tower
Disaster Day of Crisis
Wii Fit,
Wii Sports,
Wii Play
Wii Party
Endless Ocean
Fluidity

3DS:

Pushmo
freakyforms
Dillon's rolling western
Steel Driver

DS:
Soma Bringer
Glory of Hercules
Art Academy
Brain Training

If we are doing DS, wouldnt Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk count?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

I suspect we'll get at least one decent sized 2013 title announced. Looking back at the Wii release schedule, Japan had a much busier 2006/early 2007. For instance, Fire Emblem was actually launch window in Japan. There could conceivably be something like Monolith's next project or another Japan-geared title that would be an early 2013 release in that territory.

We also know we will hear about Japanese 3rd party support, as Iwata specifically said at E3 those games would be revealed at a later date.

Iwata said we will see 2013 support at the Fall Conference, I would think he means 3rd party too since their is not one 3rd party WiiU game announced outside of the launch window. Other wise why would 3rd parties be holding back announcements?

Oh okay, third parties makes sense. Does feel like people are expecting Tokyo and Retro games, which I think is unwise (though I'd love to be proven wrong).

Nilaul

How could you forget CAPTAIN RAINBOW!!!?

captain-rainbow.jpg

Wii right?

Theres also
DS:
Master of Illusion
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan,
Elite Beat Agents
Chōsōjū Mecha MG
Art Style series

Wii:
Zangeki no Reginleiv
Penguin Seikatsu

Does fortune street count?

Meelow

Banned
I've been thinking, what if the Wii U is in the PS3 category in it's first few years?, in 2006-2008 their where tons of games in development for the PC and Xbox 360 but didn't come to the PS3.

Penguin

Wii right?

Theres also
DS:
Master of Illusion
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan,
Elite Beat Agents
Chōsōjū Mecha MG
Art Style series

Wii:
Zangeki no Reginleiv
Penguin Seikatsu

Does fortune street count?

Fortune Street is an old IP they bought over.

Would something like Eco Shooter count?

And does Excite-Bots/trucks count.
I know PART of the Excitebike series, but so different.. and actually good.

Takt of magic or w/e?

Sakura Samurai for the 3DS?

jmizzal

Oh okay, third parties makes sense. Does feel like people are expecting Tokyo and Retro games, which I think is unwise (though I'd love to be proven wrong).

Oh no i'm not expecting anything mind blowing, I think Nintendo will save those for E3 2013 to put up against PS4 and 720.

I do expect a first look at Smash Bros. WiiU, Nintendo can kinda still hype from Sony All-Stars , I think Smash Bros. its a lot farther in development then most people think, it was even listed as 2013 on Nintendo's release list.

Nilaul

A list of all New Nintendo IP since DS launch

Wii:

Eco Shooter
FlingSmash
Last story
Xenoblade
Pandora's tower
Disaster Day of Crisis
Wii Fit,
Wii Sports,
Wii Play
Wii Music
Wii Party
Endless Ocean
Fluidity
Captain Rainbow
Exitetruck and excitebots
Zangeki no Reginleiv
Penguin Seikatsu (snowpack park)

3DS:

Pushmo
freakyforms
Dillon's rolling western
Steel Driver
Sakura Samurai
Spirit Camera
Face Raiders

DS:

NintendoDogs
Soma Bringer
Art Academy
Brain Training
Master of Illusion
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan,
Elite Beat Agents
Chōsōjū Mecha MG
Art Style series
Trace Memory
Hotel Dusk
Last Window
Style Savvy
Fossil Fighters
Electroplankton
Jet Impulse
Slide Adventure
Zekkyō Senshi Sakeburein
Eyeshield 21
Mawashite Tsunageru Touch Panic
A.S.H
Jump Super Stars

Internet flash game since 2004 (DS release date)

-UPIXO In Action: Mission in Snowdriftland
-Chick Chick Boom

Thats a big big list

I think we got them all

Nilaul

Fortune Street is an old IP they bought over.

Would something like Eco Shooter count?

And does Excite-Bots/trucks count.
I know PART of the Excitebike series, but so different.. and actually good.

Takt of magic or w/e?

Sakura Samurai for the 3DS?

Investigating

Eco shooter yes.
Takt of magic is Lostmagic publish by Ubisoft.
Sakura Samurai = yes

My source tells me that Nintendo is going to be showing off some 2013 titles in the Fall (presumably Fall Conference). What titles do you expect to see?

I'm going to guess that a lot of the unannounced titles from Activision, Capcom, Square Enix, etc. will finally be revealed. I also expect Call of Duty: Black Ops II here.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
it's red alert 2

Well i know, i didn't feel the need to precise the number of the opus. I reviewed a lot of C&C back in the days.

The first one installer was less classical, like the EVA of the C&C Tiberium line, but with an animation of a missile fabrication + 3 bars progressing.

It was good old days, where even the installation processes were entertaining !

Kouriozan

Nintendo did say that they'll talk about japanese third party support at a later date, high chance it'll be at the Wii U september event.

Stewox

Banned
Well i know, i didn't feel the need to precise the number of the opus. I reviewed a lot of C&C back in the days.

The first one installer was less classical, like the EVA of the C&C Tiberium line, but with an animation of a missile fabrication + 3 bars progressing.

It was good old days, where even the installation processes were entertaining !

I want those installers back !!! It's too many times my mind comes across this.

My source tells me that Nintendo is going to be showing off some 2013 titles in the Fall (presumably Fall Conference). What titles do you expect to see?

I'm going to guess that a lot of the unannounced titles from Activision, Capcom, Square Enix, etc. will finally be revealed. I also expect Call of Duty: Black Ops II here.

Grand Theft Auto V is super important so it'll be interesting to see if it's there. Do we know for sure if Bioshock Infinite is off the table?

RAWi

your forgot to add those two.

edit:

oh and Wii MUSIC !!!!!!!!! :D

edit2: and Spirit Camera (Fatal Frame spin-off but still somewhat original) ... and they bought the whole Fatal Frame franchise.

Oh Wii Music, the so criticized videogame of Miyamoto. I never got the time nor the game to play it, however I did see some videos and opinions. And, it wasn't until some time ago that I found an EXCELLENT way of proving what Miyamoto was expecting from this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQCh9gXEf4

Take a look to it. I think that this is what Miyamoto wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom