• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

coreyerb

Banned
OK, thanks for the freeze estimates. Just checked and my system's up to date so I must just be playing shoddily programmed games. Also maybe I broke Friend List by being maxed out (with how few people play online, and with how many games I switch between, I hope they raise the 100 limit).

That or I'll be the first to report a hardware failure. At least the problem doesn't seem widespread.

Roo

It was a nice surprise to know Nintendo is including "Luigi Bros" in 3D World.
Never played the original so it is a really nice addition :p

udivision

Not sure why people keep making topics asking for Wii U game suggestions when there is this one right here. I understand it's to encourage community input, but there's been like five-six topics now - it can only be answered so many times. :(

Sorry for being a little off-topic, just wanted to get that off my back.

Maybe the most current "Game Suggestion" threads should be stickied?

EDarkness

Does anybody have impressions on Lego Marvel Superheroes?

It's a pretty good game one the Wii U. I have it, but have only put in a couple of hours into it. My wife and I play it together with her on the TV and me on the Wiipad. I'm kinda spoiled by LEGO City Undercover which I feel is a better game, but if you're into LEGO games you can't really go wrong with it. The cameos are great and the dialog can be pretty funny at times. Definitely worth playing.

D-e-f-

Banned
It's a pretty good game one the Wii U. I have it, but have only put in a couple of hours into it. My wife and I play it together with her on the TV and me on the Wiipad. I'm kinda spoiled by LEGO City Undercover which I feel is a better game, but if you're into LEGO games you can't really go wrong with it. The cameos are great and the dialog can be pretty funny at times. Definitely worth playing.

Ah great, I was wondering how it holds up in a post Lego City Undercover-world. So would you say it's standard Lego-fare? Does it run well?

Rock, Paper, Shotgun really liked it. Not my opinions obviously and they're reviewing the PC version but I still value their opinion high.

Thanks, I should have specified that I was curious about the WiiU version in particular I guess :D

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Nope, never have. I assume you ask because that might kill the drive?

I asked because that could have been a cause. If it's that often you should probably contact Nintendo.
You could also check if it is properly ventilated, check the vents if they are clear/clean.

AniHawk

i know target hasn't been selling major wii u releases lately, and despite what their website might say, call of duty ghosts is in stores. at least, i saw it on display out where i live. so if people wanted it and they were doing the b2g1f, then check it out, although ymmv.

still no batman or asscreed iv though. i still need a third game at $30 to complete the metal gear rising + ratchet & clank dealy, too.

I just bought one of these things the other day...

My plan was to play wind waker until 3D World releases, but I couldn't stop playing and now i'm around 70% done. :(

The Miiverse is pretty rad.

i know target hasn't been selling major wii u releases lately, and despite what their website might say, call of duty ghosts is in stores. at least, i saw it on display out where i live. so if people wanted it and they were doing the b2g1f, then check it out, although ymmv.

still no batman or asscreed iv though. i still need a third game at $30 to complete the metal gear rising + ratchet & clank dealy, too.

Splinter Cell Blacklist.

AniHawk

Splinter Cell Blacklist.

well i have three tiers i'm looking to get into, ideally:

$60
gta v + asscreed iv + w101

$50 ($40)
batman ao + mlb 13 + ??? (maybe pac-man)

$30
ratchet & clank + mgr + ???

the wii u batman and wii u asscreed aren't in stores though.

AniHawk

Scrape the bottom of the barrel, Ani.

it hasn't gotten enough reviews either way to point to it being definitively good or bad. i don't know what else for $40 would be interesting though. maybe i should try out a skylanders game- they're supposed to be pretty good. i'm guessing i need that dumb portal thing though.

Roo

it hasn't gotten enough reviews either way to point to it being definitively good or bad. i don't know what else for $40 would be interesting though. maybe i should try out a skylanders game- they're supposed to be pretty good. i'm guessing i need that dumb portal thing though.

Ok, I'm in Target's page right now and well... the other $40 games are shovelware at its finest. Some are utter shit.
If I were you, I'd go for the GTAV, Assassin's Creed and W101 combo tbqh.

AniHawk

Ok, I'm in Target's page right now and well... the other $40 games are shovelware at its finest. Some are utter shit.
If I were you, I'd go for the GTAV, Assassin's Creed and W101 combo tbqh.

thing about batman and assassin's creed is that target never ordered any copies of the wii u editions. there's a slim chance they may be available with enough searching, i guess.

Roo

thing about batman and assassin's creed is that target never ordered any copies of the wii u editions. there's a slim chance they may be available with enough searching, i guess.

And there are no other games you're interested in with the same price?
It sucks they never ordered copies of the Wii U version tho.

AniHawk

And there are no other games you're interested in with the same price?
It sucks they never ordered copies of the Wii U version tho.

well if i'm getting two $60 games, i'd rather get another $60 game free. i've wanted a new baseball game because i usually get one every five years, and then ratchet & clank looks rad, so i was set on that too. but yeah, not a whole lot else looks that exciting.

AniHawk

was actually able to get the first tier through target.com. wonderful 101 was $50 so it was the free one, but it's $60 in stores, and i saved $2 off gta v at least.

Loaded Man

I just used a $5 off coupon from RetailMeNot to get Splinter Cell: Blacklist, COD: Ghosts, & Rayman Legends for $128.79 online. Not bad of a deal. I was going to wait for Black Friday deals to get some of these games but didn't want to deal with the crowds.

JoV

Nintendolife were a bit critical of AC4 owing to its poor frame rate. Bit of a worry. Anyone have any impressions of it? Was one I was lining up to get, but if the frame rate is really distracting, I will get Deus Ex instead.

D-e-f-

Banned
Nintendolife were a bit critical of AC4 owing to its poor frame rate. Bit of a worry. Anyone have any impressions of it? Was one I was lining up to get, but if the frame rate is really distracting, I will get Deus Ex instead.

Framerates are such an incredibly subjective issue. Some say there's no problem, others are hyper-sensitive and make it out to be the worst thing ever. I have yet to play AC4 but it definitely cannot be worse than all past entries in the series which all suffered from terribly wonky framerates all around.

Also, RIP CoD WiiU thread. Fuck the ModBot dictatorship. Outlived its usefulness my ass. how about letting the people actively using the thread decide when that happens.

Roo

Also, RIP CoD WiiU thread. Fuck the ModBot dictatorship. Outlived its usefulness my ass. how about letting the people actively using the thread decide when that happens.

lmao, ikr?
Close even remotely useful threads with actual discussion but God save us all from changing a title/closing a thread
with misleading information and troll material that had proof stating the opposite not only once but tons of times.
...I'm looking at you, 3D World 8 hours long too easy thread.

Draconian

Yeah, the modding has gotten a bit ridiculous to me too. There's absolutely no consistency shown in what's ok and what's locked and half the time the stuff that gets locked is actually informative, but gets locked for some arbitrary reason.

prag16

Banned
Framerates are such an incredibly subjective issue. Some say there's no problem, others are hyper-sensitive and make it out to be the worst thing ever. I have yet to play AC4 but it definitely cannot be worse than all past entries in the series which all suffered from terribly wonky framerates all around.

Yeah, the modding has gotten a bit ridiculous to me too. There's absolutely no consistency shown in what's ok and what's locked and half the time the stuff that gets locked is actually informative, but gets locked for some arbitrary reason.

Of course it was locked. It actually had constructive and informative discussion with little/no drive-by shitting and bashing. Can't have that.

D-e-f-

Banned
If you guys have a problem, why not simply PM the mods?

Because I know what the response would be. I gave up trying to understand the mod practices here. Doesn't make sense. Anyway, back to video games!

We can just as easily have the CoD Ghosts Wii U and AC4 discussions in here, I guess. Unless they wanna suddenly shut this thread down too because we could just talk about them in their respective OTs or some dumb excuse like that.

If it sounds as if I'm pissed that's because I am.

prag16

Banned
Because I know what the response would be. I gave up trying to understand the mod practices here. Doesn't make sense. Anyway, back to video games!

We can just as easily have the CoD Ghosts Wii U and AC4 discussions in here, I guess. Unless they wanna suddenly shut this thread down too because we could just talk about them in their respective OTs or some dumb excuse like that.

Meanwhile that PS4 CoD vs. Wii U sales in UK topic (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=89431873) is a blatant and shameless circlejerk troll topic, and it's allowed to stand. I don't really understand it either. Oh well.

I agree. The Wii U version is unique in features and when it'll get its patches/updates. There's even a separate community manager from a completely separate team (A_Trey_U) that follows CoD Wii U. So why couldn't we have a thread for GAF?

Oh well. It's worth mentioning in this thread that it's an excellent port and the Wiimote controls work great. For multi at least. I probably won't play the singleplayer.

tebunker

Banned
That review is borderline trash, the game runs fine, I have been in the middle of several large ship battles and not noticed a hiccup. Its not 60 fps but I am not sure I would trust that reviewer. Actually. I have a hard time relying on any nintendolife review, they are wildly inconsistent and lacking a good editor.

As is, wife and I have put close to 60 hours in to AC 4 combined and it is a fine game with some flaws. The issues are making the parkour controls work, sometimes for the sake of making it easy to run and grab everything it can frustrate by having latch on somewhere you don't want to.

Meanwhile that PS4 CoD vs. Wii U sales in UK topic (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=89431873) is a blatant and shameless circlejerk troll topic, and it's allowed to stand. I don't really understand it either. Oh well.

Of course it was locked. It actually had constructive and informative discussion with little/no drive-by shitting and bashing. Can't have that.
The COD Ghosts WiiU thread was probably closed because it makes no sense to do a thread per game per platform, and they didn't want to set precedent that it was OK. People were taking about doing a WiiU specific thread for each new release in that these, and that's both pointless and unsustainable. There'd be 6 threads for Ghosts alone, 6 for Black Flag, 5 for NFS Rivals, 5 for Battlefield 4, etc.

If you feel so strongly about it being closed, PM a mod and get an answer. There's plenty of fair and communicative nods here, and painting them as some hegemony of irrational anti-WiiU dictators seems completely unfair. At least take some action instead of just whinging about it, which accomplished absolutely nothing.

And if you think the sales thread is trolling and bullshit, then PM a mod about that, too. They'll probably say the same thing I did -- new thread for new news. Just because you don't like that reasoning doesn't make it wrong. But at least find out instead of taking your ball and going home.

I'm sure this will either go ignored or be spat upon as fanboy drivel, but whatever -- I sincerely think you guys should do something if you feel strongly. Stand up for yourselves. What's there to lose by asking?

Update:
- Deleted October 2013
- Moved Batman: Arkham Origins and Assassin's Creed IV to November (because of European Release Dates)

- Updated recommendation list (right column includes exclusive games):

recommenewm1slu.png

Top Bottom