• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

Roo

The COD Ghosts WiiU thread was probably closed because it makes no sense to do a thread per game per platform, and they didn't want to set precedent that it was OK. People were taking about doing a WiiU specific thread for each new release in that these, and that's both pointless and unsustainable. There'd be 6 threads for Ghosts alone, 6 for Black Flag, 5 for NFS Rivals, 5 for Battlefield 4, etc.

If you feel so strongly about it being closed, PM a mod and get an answer. There's plenty of fair and communicative nods here, and painting them as some hegemony of irrational anti-WiiU dictators seems completely unfair. At least take some action instead of just whinging about it, which accomplished absolutely nothing.

And if you think the sales thread is trolling and bullshit, then PM a mod about that, too. They'll probably say the same thing I did -- new thread for new news. Just because you don't like that reasoning doesn't make it wrong. But at least find out instead of taking your ball and going home.

I'm sure this will either go ignored or be spat upon as fanboy drivel, but whatever -- I sincerely think you guys should do something if you feel strongly. Stand up for yourselves. What's there to lose by asking?

To be honest, it's not only about sales or CoD.. every single Wii U thread turns into shit two pages into it and though I'm not against people expressing what they think... it's getting boring. Yet, mods do nothing and trolls are still around.

This thread is for physical releases.
There's a dedicated eShop games thread.
btw, that Unepic game looks interesting.

Draconian

To be honest, it's not only about sales or CoD.. every single Wii U thread turns into shit two pages into it and though I'm not against people expressing what they think... it's getting boring. Yet, mods do nothing and trolls are still around.

At least we still have threads like this one. There've been a couple of positive Wii U threads on here where most of us who own one and enjoy it can talk without being subjected to garbage posts. Most of them do consist of lots of trolling though.

Let's keep this thread on topic though please.

I'm wondering about Wii Sports Club. I read somewhere that it was meant to be auto-downloaded today (in North America I think). Did anyone who didn't already download it experience this?

Pachimari

Let's keep this thread on topic though please.

I'm wondering about Wii Sports Club. I read somewhere that it was meant to be auto-downloaded today (in North America I think). Did anyone who didn't already download it experience this?
No. I think they said in the OT for the game that it doesn't work for that game.

Played some split screen Ghosts last night and was forced to use the pointer controls as I don't have a standard controller other than the gamepad. It went from a lot of fun to spinning in circles and I can't ADS to save my life but I'll definitely be trying it again. Will keep experimenting in the squads mode (which was actually quite fun for those wondering).

coreyerb

Banned
Played some split screen Ghosts last night and was forced to use the pointer controls as I don't have a standard controller other than the gamepad. It went from a lot of fun to spinning in circles and I can't ADS to save my life but I'll definitely be trying it again. Will keep experimenting in the squads mode (which was actually quite fun for those wondering).
Is it similar to using bots in BO2?

If you're still interested in fine-tuning your pointer aiming, take a look at this video. It's the best I've ever found of explaining what everything does and how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaimyG4gVSQ

This is for Modern Warfare 3, so the numerical values are different than Ghosts, but the principles are the same.

Are you planning on keeping this updated through 2014 in a similiar fashion? In any case thank you. This thread has been my go-to place to check what content Wii U has coming for a while now.
Yes, I already asked to rename this into "Wii U Games 2013 / 2014". ;)

2014 looks so good:

- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Mario Kart 8
- Watch Dogs
- Project CARS
- Super Smash Bros. 4
- Bayonetta 2
- Monoliths X!!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
We need more announcements for 2014 soon. I wonder if Nintendo would mess with the next launches by having a direct this or next week.
They did that with the PS4 announcement if I remember correctly.

Sendou

2014 looks so good:

- Mario Kart 8
- Watch Dogs
- Project CARS
- Super Smash Bros. 4
- Bayonetta 2
- Monoliths X!!

Good to know! Yeah I agree. Enough content but not too much so that there's some room for surprises :)

We need more announcements for 2014 soon. I wonder if Nintendo would mess with the next launches by having a direct this or next week.

Well they need to soon. I think it would be for the best if they had a Direct before Super Mario 3D World. Hyping up that game and telling potential new buyers what's there for Wii U next year. I don't think they necessarily need to counter PS4 or XBONE launches. That is unless they don't have some megaton waiting to be delivered. Then this week would be the perfect time to do it.

Zalman

I don't think we'll have any big announcements leading up to the holidays. I could see a big January/February Direct coming up though.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't think we'll have any big announcements leading up to the holidays. I could see a big January/February Direct coming up though.

The middle-end of January Direct is practically granted. But that will probably more focus on the late 2014 and 2015 releases. I think they need to announce soon at list the release schedule for Q1 if not Q2 too. Plus they need to offer some info to the new buyers during holidays, what do they expect after Super Mario 3d World and after playing all the existing goodies.

Jackano

The middle-end of January Direct is practically granted. But that will probably more focus on the late 2014 and 2015 releases. I think they need to announce soon at list the release schedule for Q1 if not Q2 too. Plus they need to offer some info to the new buyers during holidays, what do they expect after Super Mario 3d World and after playing all the existing goodies.

Yeah but they will also go full force with Mario Kart 8, and the never ending flow of great 3DS games. Add Smash Bros and Yoshi to the mix and we already have quiet a bunch of names. That said, it will not stop the hype :)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yeah but they will also go full force with Mario Kart 8, and the never ending flow of great 3DS games. Add Smash Bros and Yoshi to the mix and we already have quiet a bunch of names. That said, it will not stop the hype :)

Mario Kart 8 also needs a clear release date. 3ds games don't help the Wii U, au contraire.

We don't even know in which part of 2014 Smash Bros and Yoshi come, that's another info missing.

I wasn't saying it will stop the hype, I was just wondering if they will "troll" like they did in February.

D-e-f-

Banned
Is 3D world the only first party offering this Christmas?

No. Wii Fit U is launching this December. And, you know, all the other games still exist.

There will be a ND this month. There has been AT LEAST one ND every month this year (an immense increase from the previous two-month system with the occasional surprise special). It's just not possible to guess when since they've been jumping all over the place recently in terms of time of the month. It's also impossible to guess if they would do the, in my opinion, smart thing and do their 2014 preview BEFORE the Holidays or again wait for January like they did this year.

The 2013 preview in January made more sense since they had to focus on the launch stuff in 2012 but now they would need to combat the new console hype with showing what's in store for next year and even just reminding people of what they've already announced for 2014.

They could easily fill an ND with a "Holiday showcase" that includes brief segments on Mario, Zelda, Wii Fit U, Wii Sports Club, Mario Party, Bravely Default and the already released titles as a reminder along with a bigger segment for the indie titles out by the end of the year. That would be the "bummer Direct" scenario. They could also just drop 3DS Miiverse on us and have that be the focus to top off the year. Or they could go all-out guns blazing #consolwarzbeeyatch and do the 2014 preview direct which teases the Zelda U reveal with artwork, gives the first proper X trailer (including unveiling the name), Bayo 2 co-op, DKC TF secret character reveal, details on MK8 and proper gameplay debut for Yarn Yoshi and a teaser trailer for SMTxFE and maybe even a surprise announcement. That would be bananas but also too good to be true. They rarely go hardcore on the megaton or full-on bummer side of the spectrum so they'd likely do a blend of all of them.

Or not. lol

You never know.

edit: goddamnit, why do I always forget Smash? lol

69wpm

But it's 3DS only. ^^

996660_538708246213633_215874165_n.jpg

Facebook says otherwise, I think. Or Nintendo was too lazy to change the image.

Jawmuncher

2014 looks so good:

- Mario Kart 8
- Watch Dogs
- Project CARS
- Super Smash Bros. 4
- Bayonetta 2
- Monoliths X!!

THese are the only games for me which I'll be grabbing day one.
Mario Kart is a maybe if it's like 7 then yes, if it's like Wii then hell no.

Little saddened that for 2013 I have only bought
ZombiU, Resident Evil Revelations, Monster Hunter 3 & Wind Waker HD.
Also I'll be grabbing Wii Fit U whenever amazon wants to put the preorder up.
Just wish there was something else......I might grab W101 if it has a good black friday deal. The demo did not sell me on it at full price.

JavyOO7

I'm going to take advantage of the Target B2G1 free promo today. Gonna get Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101... and something else. I hope Deus Ex is available though when I check to see if Target has it online there's no sign of the Wii U version. Sad face. Maybe I'll get Zombi U.

Naeval

THese are the only games for me which I'll be grabbing day one.
Mario Kart is a maybe if it's like 7 then yes, if it's like Wii then hell no.

Little saddened that for 2013 I have only bought
ZombiU, Resident Evil Revelations, Monster Hunter 3 & Wind Waker HD.
Also I'll be grabbing Wii Fit U whenever amazon wants to put the preorder up.
Just wish there was something else......I might grab W101 if it has a good black friday deal. The demo did not sell me on it at full price.

Why you don't pick Wonderful 101?

coreyerb

Banned
I'm going to take advantage of the Target B2G1 free promo today. Gonna get Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101... and something else. I hope Deus Ex is available though when I check to see if Target has it online there's no sign of the Wii U version. Sad face. Maybe I'll get Zombi U.
Good luck, let us know what you pick up. I was at Target yesterday for not that and I was disappointed by how little they had. I expected little, but they didn't even have COD: Ghosts - not even a spot for it. I wanted to scope out if there were two other games I could pick up with Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics when it comes out Friday but now I doubt they'll even carry that, even though it's in their ad. Best Buy 20 percent off it is, then.

But Target did have 007 Legends for $59.99, don't know how you could pass that up...

DrWong

"Intersting" stuff.

In this article, Holiday horror: five potential profit killers to avoid for Holiday 2013 :

#4: Uninformed Employees
Even in a world where digital marketing is more prevalent and important than ever, employees are still an effective, often essential sales touch point. When customers have a good experience in store, it means great things for your business; when they don’t it means you wind up with a nasty Yelp or Google product review and a dent in your sales.

Therefore, it’s a real disappointment when employees are rude or unhelpful to customers, creating an unpleasant overall customer experience.

One recent example of employee affecting sales is the treatment of a secret shopper trying out Nintendo’s new Wii U, who reported that multiple retail employees told her, “'Well, there's no difference between the Wii and Wii U.’" (there is, by the way) and implied she should buy the original, 7-year-old Wii instead of the new product!

Effect

I think I'm done buying any third party game right at launch for the WIi U. After Call of Duty Ghost and Assassin's Creed 4 I've just been disappointed. More so with Ghosts.

Assassin's Creed 4 is a different story. The game plays well. The story however is really disappointing and I'm all about the story and journey. RPGs have been my genre of choice since the SNES when I was kid so when a game where the story is suppose to play a significant part disappoints it tends to taint the entire experience for me.

I guess it's better to really stay away from yearly installments going forward.Or at least not pay so much for them.

Kandinsky

I just dloaded TT2+, nice little puzzle game. Also anyone knows when are the Art Academy lessons coming?.

Edit: oh shit wrong thread lol.

Is it similar to using bots in BO2?
Never played BO2.
If you're still interested in fine-tuning your pointer aiming, take a look at this video. It's the best I've ever found of explaining what everything does and how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaimyG4gVSQ

This is for Modern Warfare 3, so the numerical values are different than Ghosts, but the principles are the same.

Will watch this later tonight and see if it helps.

Just got LoZ WW HD and it looks amazing, mind blown. First game that looks worse on the gamepad by much, not that it looks bad, but on a 1080p TV it looks amazing.

Going to grab W101, Deus Ex, SM3DW and Toki Tori 2+ next.

Top Bottom