• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U sales in Japan surpass PS3, Vita, and Xbox 360 this week. (1500% increase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
Although it's old news as per the Media Create thread, I don't see the harm in posting relatively major Japanese sales news in a new thread for the benefit of those who for whatever reason overlook the MC thread.

And this particular news probably qualifies as something that would be newsworthy to many who have a degree of investment in the potential success of the Wii U and of gaming consoles globally.

JDSN

Banned
Where's that coffin gif?

EDIT
iVTT7iHZ0KMgK.gif

WTF? I never noticed Patcher in the background.

MilkBeard

This bump boggles my mind, and it's not people who are contributing to good game sales either. It's good that the system is getting bought though.

Although it's old news as per the Media Create thread, I don't see the harm in posting relatively major Japanese sales news in a new thread for the benefit of those who for whatever reason overlook the MC thread.

And this particular news probably qualifies as something that would be newsworthy to many who have a degree of investment in the potential success of the Wii U and of gaming consoles globally.

this kind of thing isnt that uncommon though, big games, bundles, price cuts always see big boosts.

3 weeks ago the vita sales increased 1700% with the new model

3ds up 350% monster hunter week

etc

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Was it really Wii Party U? That makes me uncomfortable. Still, good to see at least some signs of life.

Well the bundles were practically a price drop even if you don't care about Wii Party or Wii Fit since they still threw in NSMBU, a Wii Motion Plus Controller, and sensor bar for the same price as they were selling the Wii U before. Getting Wii Party U for free on top of that could maybe be seen as just another plus.

IrishNinja

there go kyons delivering shade like someone ordered it

here for that royalans tag-team, its not the same without ya'll representin

Seik

Banned
Just updated the OP with more info about bundles and everything.

As for if this thread is useful or not and if it needs to be locked, I'll let the mods make the decision. Sorry if it is useless though.

LordGouda

No it was doomed because Platinum Games never sell period. It was always gonna flop

Maybe if it had Nintendo characters it wouldn't have. :p

I'm expecting next week for the sales to drop down, it's always like this: Wii U has lowest sales for a certain week, peaks with high sales for that console when a new bundle comes or when a new game comes out, then drops back down.

Terrell

there go kyons delivering shade like someone ordered it

here for that royalans tag-team, its not the same without ya'll representin
If this bump is properly sustained or, heaven forbid, grown upon, I can't wait to see the damage control from a certain contingent.

I'm firing up the ovens now. We might have a lot of crow and humble pie to start making in short order.

JDSN

Banned
As for if this thread is useful or not and if it needs to be locked, I'll let the mods make the decision. Sorry if it is useless though.

Considering we got a sales thread everytime The Last of us sold more than 30 copies in Botswana, I dont see why this should be closed.

Kyon

Banned
If this bump is properly sustained or, heaven forbid, grown upon, I can't wait to see the damage control from a certain contingent.

I'm firing up the ovens now. We might have a lot of crow and humble pie to start making in short order.

Bookmarked and archived

The swift clocking that will be dealt in a few days will be scalding for the unfortunates that thought this would last

ibCFR7sGNFcb.gif

I remember the thread when Pikmin 3 bumped sales. I remember the grandiose thinking and the fantasy posts. The "Wii U struggle days are over because of a stready stream of games, etc"

This is a correction from the abnormally low demand from people waiting on the bundle.

Don't know what the words "if" and "maybe" mean?

I know that if you want to be one to dish out some crow you don't use words like if and maybe.

there won't be any sustained or growth in sales from theses bundles, sales will fall week to week until the mario bump.

LordGouda

What happens afterward?

It was also rumored to be first developed for the 3DS and was just ported to the Wii U so I doubt I'll see something new and exciting from the sequel.

Edge just said it looked like a 3DS upres sequel or something to that degree. Nintendo stated they were thinking of a Wii U version when developing 3D Land. They said that they were culminating every single great thing from previous Mario games into this. Besides, have you seen the trailers?

38k doesn't seem that impressive for what is practically a price drop on premium Wii U with added value to it. Because of that, I think it will drop.

Seik

Banned
What happens afterward?

It was also rumored to be first developed for the 3DS and was just ported to the Wii U so I doubt I'll see something new and exciting from the sequel.

Check the trailers, 3D Land is nothing compared to what's coming. ;)

Afterwards? Donkey Kong Country Return: Tropical Freeze! Mario Kart 8 soon after too I guess. :D

Takao

Banned
So it begins.

Those so called analysts are about to eat their words as it is Wii U's time to shine. With the best holiday lineup featuring gigantic hits like Super Mario 3D World, Monster Hunter Frontier G, Call of Duty: Ghost, and Taiko Drum Master the Wii U will destroy the PS3, Vita, Vita TV, PSP, and 360 combined. Then it'll get embarrassing when PS4 launches to no success as Nintendo counters with the highly anticipated Mario Kart 8, New Super Smash Bros, and Bayonetta 2. Sony's done in Japan.

LordGouda

So it begins.

Those so called analysts are about to eat their words as it is Wii U's time to shine. With the best holiday lineup featuring gigantic hits like Super Mario 3D World, Monster Hunter Frontier G, Call of Duty: Ghost, and Taiko Drum Master the Wii U will destroy the PS3, Vita, Vita TV, PSP, and 360 combined. Then it'll get embarrassing when PS4 launches to no success as Nintendo counters with the highly anticipated Mario Kart 8, New Super Smash Bros, and Bayonetta 2. Sony's done in Japan.

c'mon[/I].]

I agree 100%

:p

killatopak

So it begins.

c'mon[/I].]

I doubt it'll sell more multiplatform game than the other consoles. Nintendo is rather strong with their exclusives though. I can see what you mean in Japan. The whole world is another story though.

:p

So it begins.

That's a dumb prediction. The Magnavox Odyssesy and Atari 2600 will sell 1,000,000,000 units this holdiay and Magnavox and Atari will be competing again as the big 3 ALL join Sega

EDIT: ANYWAYS, the prediction is both outlandish and possible. If the ps4 and xbox1 suffer a bad post-launch drought and 3dWorld is ADVERTISED a bunch and really becomes a hit

So it begins.

i..i actually feel like this might happen tho tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom