• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sony: Here's a look at PS4!

Microsoft: This is the new Xbox.

Nintendo: ...

;D

To be honest, if they don't reveal a new console, Sony is bound to have the most boring conference of the 3.

What about Apple?

H7wTC.gif

Redford

aka Cabbie
Haha, I wouldn't quite go to that length but I see where you're coming from. The demo they showed last year was quite uninspired, but let's see what they've prepared for the final game before deciding that drastic measures must be taken.

Mmmm, I have faith that they would come up with a much different one than we've seen before. It would just be a shame if not, but yeah.

I'd be floored if you didn't get Pikmin. You'll likely have to go to the 3DS for your Celda fix, though.

Wouldn't disappoint me at all. Really excited to see what they can do with that.

To be honest, if they don't reveal a new console, Sony is bound to have the most boring conference of the 3.

H7wTC.gif

Not if its as ridiculous as 2006, which would be infinitely entertaining.

(Also make bigger if that's yours :p)

Anth0ny

Sony is probably going to push The Last of Us. I'm also hoping there's some good Vita games finally announced.
And Versus XIII lolololololololol

MS has Halo 4. That's about it. Probably going to be filled with a bunch of Kinect bullshit. I'm hoping they drop the 720 bomb at the end.

It's still Nintendo's E3 to lose.

The Last of Us should be great, if there's any gameplay of it this time. I reaaaaally want GoW4, but I think it's gonna be Heavenly Sword 2, wtf.

The Last Guardian? Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and Sony Smash Bros

DrWong

Do someone know the price to get a Wii U licence (to develop' for the system)? And do you have examples and estimated cost for PC>console ports?

KageMaru

Nah, Sony has Vita to push, so they should have some new content. They also have LoU, along with possibly GoW4 for the ps3 specifically.

MS will likely be the most boring of the 3 IMO. They'll have Halo 4, maybe one or two other game announcements, and the rest will be dedicated towards Live and Kinect.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You can smell it, guys? The hype of E3 has officially begun! Sony, Ubisoft and Microsoft are dated!

HYYYYYYYYYPE!

If Versus XIII is shown at all I expect it behind closed doors unfortunately, would be awesome if it appeared at the Sony conference. I'm guessing TGS for that though. Which reminds me, I hope when the next Persona game is announced eventually, it comes to Wii-U as well.

About the "Super Mario" game that Miyamoto referenced: did anything ever come out of that "Super Mario Bros 4" trademark? It wasn't shown to refer to some old concept or anything like that, was it?

I was thinking with the subscreen effectively allowing 2 separate views, perhaps it is time to bring the "Bros" back into 3D Mario. 2 player simultaneous action in a 3D environment without resorting to split screen would be pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

Versus XIII to launch on the Wii U along with Donkey Kong Racing, Metroid Dread, and Mother 4.

Is it more sad or funny that Mother 4 is the LEAST likely of those games to ever come out?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If I'm Sony/MS, I'm putting out trailers like the "This is the future of Madden football (that we still haven't come close to)" commercial to take hype away from the Wii U.

HylianTom

Banned
You can smell it, guys? The hype of E3 has officially begun! Sony, Ubisoft and Microsoft are dated!

HYYYYYYYYYPE!
HYPE! YES!

We know for sure that Sony and MS aren't showing new consoles. Unless someone from those companies is straight up lying.
I don't trust 'em any farther than I can throw 'em. If they're going for a bonus surprise element to their show, saying that they have zero plans to show-off new hardware would be exactly the right thing to say.

massoluk

Banned
I have a feeling we're going to see a WiiU stampede this year. There aren't really anything gamechanging expected from Sony and MS camps this year.

AzaK

Does anyone think that Sony and/or Microsoft will try and dilute the Nintendo hype at E3 by showing off something from their next gen? Either alpha unit content or some CG trailer? You'd think they'd want to not be lost in the Wii U hype if they can help it. Especially when there is all this 'Wii U is not next gen' bollocks. If they show something graphically superior to Wii U the gaming media would suck it up like mad.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Joel Kinnunen from Frozenbyte (Trine 2):

Thanks for the suggestion. We are keeping a close eye on all current and upcoming platforms, and we will bring Trine 2 to more platforms in the future... Wii U would make for a nice platform, that's for sure, the tablet would fit Amadeus perfectly indeed. We can't really disclose any "real" info because that's all covered by legal confidentiality agreements and the like... But let's see how it goes. :)

(source: a banned site :p)

Edit: Amadeus is the wizard from Trine 2 trio of protagonists

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
About the "Super Mario" game that Miyamoto referenced: did anything ever come out of that "Super Mario Bros 4" trademark? It wasn't shown to refer to some old concept or anything like that, was it?

I was thinking with the subscreen effectively allowing 2 separate views, perhaps it is time to bring the "Bros" back into 3D Mario. 2 player simultaneous action in a 3D environment without resorting to split screen would be pretty damn awesome if you ask me.
But then either Mario would have to be controlled by the secondary controller, or Luigi would be on the main screen!
Think about it.
Versus XIII to launch on the Wii U along with Donkey Kong Racing, Metroid Dread, and Mother 4.
I hear Nintendo have also secured exclusivity for Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Shenmue 3.

Does anyone think that Sony and/or Microsoft will try and dilute the Nintendo hype at E3 by showing off something from their next gen? Either alpha unit content or some CG trailer? You'd think they'd want to not be lost in the Wii U hype if they can help it. Especially when there is all this 'Wii U is not next gen' bollocks. If they show something graphically superior to Wii U the gaming media would suck it up like mad.

They'd be foolish if they didn't. Microsoft in particular has apparently had devkits out for a while. This is why this E3 is really, really interesting.

I have a feeling we're going to see a WiiU stampede this year. There aren't really anything gamechanging expected from Sony and MS camps this year.

Gamechanging announcements are almost by nature unexpected things. Well, except for Nintendo, I guess, but we didn't expect the NDS or the Wii to be gamechanging before their announcements, did we? Most of the industry predicted a gen-on-gen decrease in Nintendo's unit sales for both portable and home console lines.

HylianTom

Banned
Honestly though.. now it feels like we're getting close to that tipping point where more and more stuff will be available to talk about. If we follow the Wii's model, it was about four to six weeks before E3 when information began to flow more freely.

I hope that'll end-up being the case here. Perhaps the investors' conference will kick things off.

Dascu

Honestly though.. now it feels like we're getting close to that tipping point where more and more stuff will be available to talk about. If we follow the Wii's model, it was about four to six weeks before E3 when information began to flow more freely.

I hope that'll end-up being the case here. Perhaps the investors' conference will kick things off.
Do we have a date on the next investor's meeting and/or Nintendo Direct?

This is pretty minor, but I wanted to point out that it's "Super Mario 4", not "Super Mario Bros 4". Somebody a while back suggested that it could refer to 4-way (4-display?) multiplayer. This would be really interesting in a 3D game, in the manner that you describe.

HylianTom

Banned
Do we have a date on the next investor's meeting and/or Nintendo Direct?

Investors' meeting is on the 26th (probably 25th in our time zones). I don't know the exact time, but it'll be hard to miss if you're on GAF those days.. we tend to make a spectacle of ourselves around such events. :)

Nintendo Direct? No clue.

[IG]http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj1ngtyWf71qenl9bo1_250.gif[/IMG]

Please let be a launch title. And please let it NOT be nsmb mii!

NSMB Mii would make the most sense from a system selling standpoint. The NSMB games turned out to be much more popular than the Galaxy titles. But they already have a 2D Mario planned for the 3DS, so they may go 3D for the Wii U entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom