• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I need a updated version of the hypetrain pic for the next thread. Would be sweet :)
I actually suggest less of these images for the next iteration of this thread. While they actually serve as a good hype inducer, it clutters the opening post. For example, the portrait recreation of the Lupin III poster takes up too much space before actual relevant text.

To prevent trolls and other people wishing Nintendo spite from posting unsavory comments on Wii U, facts and fiction (rumors etc.) should be clearly divided by for example clear graphical separators. Ace has done a nice job on providing good information, but there is room for improvement.

An example of what I would appreciate, and from this a unified theme of a thread can be derived:

wiiubannerk1i9y.png

Very clean, but fits what the thread is about.

daakusedo

Problem with these clean banners, it looks like the work of a marketing team, we're are people on a video game forum, no need for that.
Funny or crappy made images can be too to an extent... but at least we laugh a bit.

Rösti;36734015 said:
I actually suggest less of these images for the next iteration of this thread. While they actually serve as a good hype inducer, it clutters the opening post. For example, the portrait recreation of the Lupin III poster takes up too much space before actual relevant text.

To prevent trolls and other people wishing Nintendo spite from posting unsavory comments on Wii U, facts and fiction (rumors etc.) should be clearly divided by for example clear graphical separators. Ace has done a nice job on providing good information, but there is room for improvement.

An example of what I would appreciate, and from this a unified theme of a thread can be derived:

wiiubannerk1i9y.png

The problem is I have no way (or skills) to do images for the thread, so I rely on others to help out. Not that it matters now, the thread is almost done.

Also, Post 16666. MWhahahaha!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The problem is I have no way (or skills) to do images for the thread, so I rely on others to help out. Not that it matters now, the thread is almost done.
Oh, then I know. I'll provide some images if wanted for the next thread, for whoever creates it. Photoshop CS6 beta has been working great so far, so I'm doing a bunch of stuff in that, mainly for the E3 2012 | General Information and FAQ thread I'm planning.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/photoshopcs6/

Too clean - doesn't fit this thread agenda
I have another version where Reggie's face is blended with a NeoGAF logo, so I can probably come up with something that's both clean and humoristic.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Rösti;36734015 said:

wiiubannerk1i9y.png

I like it. You can throw in a cylon centurion facial if wackiness was needed.

Sadist

Rösti;36734015 said:

wiiubannerk1i9y.png

Deal. Allready put in in the thread :)

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Hold it! I have
last year's
news! From IBM!

IBM Embedded Dynamic Random Access Memory

IBM's embedded dynamic random access memory (test chip shown here) will help deliver a thrilling new game experience to Nintendo fans. The new memory technology, a key element of the new Power microprocessor that IBM is building for the Nintendo Wii U console, can triple the amount of memory contained on a single chip, making for extreme game play.

http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/photo/34681.wss

Longer article here: http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/34683.wss

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
I never mentioned.. I'm a bit suspicious about their source(s) for the whole "pissed" deal. Seems unlikely..
(and while on an old topic: Shocking, I'm glad your old avatar is back!)(ha!)

Yeah, the rumors sound a bit too good to be true. It sounds dumb that Nintendo would care what one analyst would say...but whatever.

This time, I want to be one of the passengers. XD

Me too please :)

This time i will participate 100% in NeoGAF E3 insanity. E3 2006 i was just a lurker. 2006 had it all. Nintendo owning everyone, insanely long lines at the wii both, baffeled Sony and MS employees, sad sad fanboys from other camps and awesome gifs :)

I soooo hope for an E3 2006 II :)

Shurayuki

How does this thread go so fast?

We're keeping with Nintendo's latest dev acquisitions!

tumblr_lm6mevipwe1qf7msfcx.gif

This time i will participate 100% in NeoGAF E3 insanity. E3 2006 i was just a lurker. 2006 had it all. Nintendo owning everyone, insanely long lines at the wii both, baffeled Sony and MS employees, sad sad fanboys from other camps and awesome gifs :)

Yeah I'm with ya!
But you know this will just end in endless Guru Meditations for us. I shall Berieve though!

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
That news I posted is so old, maybe I should have called it "olds" instead.

axisofweevils

We're keeping with Nintendo's latest dev acquisitions!

tumblr_lm6mevipwe1qf7msfcx.gif

Yeah I'm with ya!
But you know this will just end in endless Guru Meditations for us. I shall Berieve though!

Child's Drawing Sonic Wii U confirmed!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Nintendo's media briefing at E3 2006 was awesome. It had the following:

In chronological order.

• Conference begins with Shigeru Miyamoto taking stage to conduct a virtual orchestra playing The Legend of Zelda theme.

• On stage demonstration of Excite Truck.

• Red Steel footage.

• Reggie Fils-Aime takes stage to declare the philosophy behind the Wii, that "Playing = believing" and that if all you wanted was next generation, you were in the wrong place.

• Software reel showing people playing Wii Music, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Wing Island, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and more

• Reggie takes stage again, talks about controller input, graphics, pricing, the Wii name and third parties.

• Another software reel is shown, with games from third parties, DBZ, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Elebits for example.

• Nate Bihldorff and Bill Trinen from Nintendo of America take stage to demonstrate The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Scenes from Goron Mines.

• Reggie's back, announces that the game will be available for both Gamecube and Wii, and will launch on same day.

• More (game play) footage shown, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Excite Truck, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Madden NFL 07, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Rayman, SpongeBob.

• Reggie says 27 titles will be available for play on the show floor. Talks a bit about the Virtual Console.

• Demonstration of Red Steel.

• Reggie and George Harrison talks about Nintendo DS, compares it to PSP sales.

• Info about Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.

• Brain Training games shown. Very popular, strong sales.

• Nintendo DS Lite shown. Strong sales in Japan.

• Footage of Nintendo DS games, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Team Rescue, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, Star Fox DS, Yoshi's Island, Diddy Kong Racing, Final Fantasy III, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam.

• The Legend of: Zelda Phantom Hourglass shown, followed by Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Star Fox DS, New Super Mario Bros., Elite Beat Agents, Yoshi's Island DS and more.

• Satoru Iwata takes stage, and delivers a good speech: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/speech/english.html

• Reggie back on stage, and wraps it up. Talks about how your mom can play Wii and the disrupment Wii will cause. Invites attendees to come play Wii the next day.

HylianTom

Banned
Rösti;36735851 said:

In chronological order.

• Conference begins with Shigeru Miyamoto taking stage to conduct a virtual orchestra playing The Legend of Zelda theme.

• Red Steel footage.

• Reggie Fils-Aime takes stage to declare the philosophy behind the Wii, that "Playing = believing" and that if all you wanted was next generation, you were in the wrong place.

• Software reel showing people playing Wii Music, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Wing Island, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and more

• Reggie takes stage again, talks about controller input, graphics, pricing, the Wii name and third parties.

• Another software reel is shown, with games from third parties, DBZ, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Elebits for example.

• Nate Bihldorff and Bill Trinen from Nintendo of America take stage to demonstrate The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Scenes from Goron Mines.

• Reggie's back, announces that the game will be available for both Gamecube and Wii, and will launch on same day.

• More (game play) footage shown, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Excite Truck, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Madden NFL 07, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Rayman, SpongeBob.

• Reggie says 27 titles will be available for play on the show floor. Talks a bit about the Virtual Console.

• Footage of Nintendo DS games, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Team Rescue, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, Star Fox DS, Yoshi's Island, Diddy Kong Racing, Final Fantasy III, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam.

• The Legend of: Zelda Phantom Hourglass shown, followed by Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Star Fox DS, New Super Mario Bros., Elite Beat Agents, Yoshi's Island DS and more.

• Satoru Iwata takes stage, and delivers a good speech: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/speech/english.html

• Reggie back on stage, and wraps it up. Talks about how your mom can play Wii and the disrupment Wii will cause. Invites attendees to come play Wii the next day.

I still cannot get over how strong a year that was. Analysts and gaming historians will study Nintendo's 2006 E3 execution for years.

Fredrik

Rösti;36735851 said:

In chronological order.

• Red Steel footage.

That E3 was historical.
And looking back at what they said, they really succeded with what they planned to do. This weekend I got a 70+ year old man that hadn't played vdeo games since Pong to try Wii. Wii Sports, golf and bwling. And it ended with him checking pricerunner for prices and planning to get one. Quite amazing really. I doubt that they can do the same with WiiU though

Azure J

We're already talking about a 4th revision of the thread? Damn, it just hit me how much everyone has spoken on the system thus far. It also shows me that no matter what, Nintendo's next offering has the public wrapped around its fingers already. Funny how that works.

I'm kinda interested in how many speculation OTs NextBox and PS4 will run through though.

Top Bottom