• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U US Launch Date + Price: November 18th, $300 basic/$350 deluxe

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I was US$50 off! Bargain!

Korigama

Yeah, was already thinking that I'd pass based on hardware capabilities and software lineup, the price guarantees that I will now.

Wow at people expecting a lower price. I mean an accessory like Kinect used to cost $150 at launch. $350 seems reasonable for what you get.

bumpkin

Man, my meeting (at work) ran longer than 10am. I was hoping to catch this info as it happened. Oh well, the cat's outta the bag and it's so mine!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Overpriced, but expected to everyone who saw the Japanese prices and realized that the yen was getting stronger.

What I expected. Walmart is already selling Kinect+Arcade for $249 today. I think PS3 Superslim will start at $150 this fall.

I don't know about 150. Rumor had it at 179/229/269 IIRC.

Sony and MS will definitely drop the price of their consoles though, I expect $149/$199/$249 360 SKUs and the above SKUs for PS3. Or something along those lines.

bonesquad

Considering the difference in the two packages (more internal memory, Nintendoland, stands), I'm surprised the price difference between the two is only $50.

Gintoki

Expected that price range. Will be waiting for more games to get on the system before getting it though. Only interested in Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wii launched at 250 USD, Iwata said WiiU will be more expensive months ago.
I would have love 50 bucks less, but its not as overpriced as some of you think. People want a powerful and future-proof system for less than PS360 are sold, need a reality check.

Guys, don't forget they packaged a HDMI cable with it. For us, it's worth nothing, but for the regular consumer, it's 25$ less to pay.

Lothars

The Basic is 50 dollars overpriced and the Deluxe is a 100 dollars overpriced but 350 was exactly what I was expecting since It's Nintendo and they did the exact same thing with the 3DS.

Alcibiades

Well, considering how severely under priced the Wii was for the first year, I'm not surprised they are being more conservative this time around. Why let the Ebayer's make out with all the profit when you can get in on the money during the early fervor. They can always drop the price for Fall 2013 when 720/PS4 arrive.

Top Bottom