• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Virtual Console - News and Releases

tumblr_meqmuq4Rzh1rrpsd7.gif

Ein Bear

C'mon Nintendo, you might as well announce that they'll all be 50hz in Europe too. I still have one tiny glimmer of hope that you haven't crushed yet.

Riddy

Its almost like nintendo thinks their fans are all idiots that can be impressed with roms that have already been released one way or another. This is plain insulting.

SMH has never been more appropriate to describe this...

NotLiquid

From now to Earthbound, they will probably release Super Metroid and Mario Kart for the SNES. If Nintendo actually got the Virtual Console up and running with full steam, I'd be very tempted to purchase a Wii-U.

Super Metroid is already due mid-next month and Donkey Kong follows in June. Those games would probably be included already were it not for the Famicom campaign, though if it means paying 30 cents to wait I'm patient enough to wait.

Nintendo is just wasting such a big occasion by missmanaging the VC service. They have the best gaming offers ever, and they just don't want put that on VC. Stupid.

I glanced at that list and in a fit of madness started chortling to myself with increasing escalation, it's rib ticklingly bad.

That's what I was curious about, I don't own a Wii or Wii U, but couldn't you go into "Wii Mode" and play whatever Wii VC game you want?

That's true, but you'd think they'd launch this new service with more than eight games. I think relaunching them all at once is maybe a bit dumb, so maybe like two dozen with eight more each week? Or launch with eight games but they're all fucking amazing beloved games like Earthbound, Rondo of Blood, Yoshi's Island, etc? I don't know...just not this.

Nintendo: Well, we've fucked up two launches, so why not go for the hat-trick?

RedSwirl

Plugging those roms into the new emulator is hard work, guys. Give them a little credit!

None of you should buy these until Nintendo has a non-shit account system, by the way.

But that's the problem: They're not just plugging ROMs into an emulator. What's likely holding them back is that Nintendo insists on making an emulator for each individual game.

UberTag

I honestly can't see how anyone could have screwed this up more if they tried.
Perhaps the guy in charge of their digital offerings has been trying to get himself fired for the past decade or so but the higher ups are still convinced they're doing a great job so he keeps having to one-up himself in order to get canned.

That would make some sort of logical sense, right?
As a gamer, I'd wish he just made a pass at the boss' wife instead of causing us to suffer.

Ice Climber and Super Mario World are the only ones from that list that I might buy not counting the 30 cent ones they've already released.

This is a little ridiculous, they should have launched everything they have the rights to from the original wii and focused on sales and series weeks (Example: Skin the Virtual Console Shop with Contra images and/or drop Contra games prices by 25% for one week) Then they could have sold the upgrade for one person in one big package and get them while they're interested at the launch. Then they should focus on getting the games they didn't have on the original virtual console (most of the N64) and the launch of the new systems (GBA).

Really I just don't feel like waiting for each game to come out on the wii u, if they are offering a price for upgrade just let me give you my money now instead of forgetting when Donkey Kong Country 3 launches in 2015 and I start making decisions on what is actually worth upgrading.

99,99999% of the facebook comments are negative.
I wonder what the Nintendo guys think when they read through them. if they read them at all, that is.

Perhaps the guy in charge of their digital offerings has been trying to get himself fired for the past decade or so but the higher ups are still convinced they're doing a great job so he keeps having to one-up himself in order to get canned.

That would make some sort of logical sense, right?
As a gamer, I'd wish he just made a pass at the boss' wife instead of causing us to suffer.

This is the only logical answer.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Rage? Lost Cause?
Someone needs to tell Nintendo that this is oh so stupid.
Even better if they get the message few hundred thousands times...

MIIVERSE, this will be your new mission!

I think the Donkey Kong Jr. Miiverse page is the best place. What say you GAF?

Top Bottom