• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiiWare now available in Japan.

HiVision

AceBandage said:
You expected all the awesome games to be released the first day the service was out, as well?

just one semi-interesting original game would have been fine
the current set are fine, if the price was a little cheaper, because they just come across as cheap knock-up jobs.

HiVision said:
the current set are fine, if the price was a little cheaper, because they just come across as cheap knock-up jobs.

Uh, if you say so...

MoogPaul

HiVision said:

yeah, FF:CC totally looks like it was made on a bet over a drunken weekend.

wait...what?

HiVision said:

Lost Winds is slated to be released during the NA Wiiware launch window, and World of Goo is to follow soon behind, so at least this is one of those cases where the wait actually benefits NA/PAL gamers.

HiVision

MoogPaul said:
yeah, FF:CC totally looks like it was made on a bet over a drunken weekend.

wait...what?

that game is the only exception but it is obviously just spat out for free from the production costs of a fully developed game. Is that the only way we are going to get quality on wiiware? It sounds like they've cut it down a lot and are going to charge for more content though. What is the game anyway, is it good - sure, the graphics look pretty?

Anyway, I'm sure there's going to be some good stuff coming in later months - it's just "meh" at the moment, sorry. (just my personal view after looking at the titles)

I am looking forward to see some of the stuff in the works, but ther service isn't getting any cash on me for a little while yet.

HiVision

splattergnome said:
Lost Winds is slated to be released during the NA Wiiware launch window, and World of Goo is to follow soon behind, so at least this is one of those cases where the wait actually benefits NA/PAL gamers.

now that sounds far more interesting a line up

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
We also know that Bomberman Wii, Tetris Wii (shoddy port though it be), and Zuma/Magentica Wii will be out within the first few months.

besada

Banned
It's fun watching people try to convince other people that tiny games are worth the money. It's like Horse Armor all over again.

Welcome to next gen, fellas.

jibblypop

Banned
besada said:
It's fun watching people try to convince other people that tiny games are worth the money. It's like Horse Armor all over again.

Yep everyone complained about wii not having DLC. Congratulations to all of you that complained about it. Now all 3 next gen consoles contain the "feature" that is ruining gaming.

besada said:

Werent you one of those complaining about lack of DLC on the Wii in the Rock Band thread?

edit: beaten.

besada

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
Werent you one of those complaining about lack of DLC on the Wii in the Rock Band thread?

edit: beaten.

Not that I can remember, as I own Rock Band for another platform and wouldn't have even considered buying it for the Wii.

linkepona

Neo Member
jibblypop said:
Yep everyone complained about wii not having DLC. Congratulations to all of you that complained about it. Now all 3 next gen consoles contain the "feature" that is ruining gaming.
TRUE!!!

Saoh

jibblypop said:
Yep everyone complained about wii not having DLC. Congratulations to all of you that complained about it.

i honestly couldn´t care less right now, i´m still worried about HDD support (i don´t see any, now or in the near future)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
FF:CC Impressions from IGN!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/861/861745p1.html

"On its own, the architecture skill isn't enough to build up your town. To actually use the skill, you need spirit power, which can only be found in the dungeons and caves surrounding your town. You don't actually go out into these dungeons, though, instead entrusting hired soldiers to do the dirty work. Hiring these soldiers and sending them out on quests takes cash, which you get through taxes collected from your residents. To get more residents, and thus more taxes for hiring soldiers, you need to build new homes and shops."

"As your soldiers are off fighting, you run around town interacting with your citizens and taking part in your building duties. Your big concerns with creating new structures is building up your town's population, keeping your townfolk happy and, keeping your adventurers well equipped. You start off with the ability to build nothing but houses, which takes care of your need for tax payer and adventurers. A bakery is added rather quickly to this, and seems to be used to keep your citizens happy One character whose house happened to be next to the bakery came up to our king and said how happy he was to be living next to a bakery."

"It may take up just 200 blocks of space, but Crystal Chronicles doesn't seem like a marginalized experience in any way. The simulation portion has kept us hooked for our couple hours of play time, signaling a good start for Nintendo's new downloadable games initiative."

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jibblypop said:

Uh,

- No one likes horse armor
- Everyone likes Crackdown DLC, expansion packs, and free bonus features / gameplay updates.

If you can't see the difference between Id@lmaster DLC and Rock Band DLC, you're really missing out on some of the great content that DLC has brought to the table.

MoogPaul said:
can anyone, with a kind heart, transfer these over to youtube or something similar?

Just register for NicoNico

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Saoh said:
i honestly could care less right now, i´m still worried about HDD support (i don´t see any, now or in the near future)
caring.png

jonezer4

Man I kept losing in Dr. Mario and couldn't understand why. Apparently you have to use "pay to play" to get blue pills. What a ripoff. :mad:

jibblypop

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Uh,

- No one likes horse armor
- Everyone likes Crackdown DLC, expansion packs, and free bonus features / gameplay updates.

If you can't see the difference between Id@lmaster DLC and Rock Band DLC, you're really missing out on some of the great content that DLC has brought to the table.

Before I start - obviously i didnt mean free DLC .. i meant pay for DLC..

And I see the difference. I think the problem is that although YOU can see the difference between what is worth it and what isn't, most people can't and will just buy anything for a game they like.

I think the more people that buy ANY type of downloadable content, the more publishers will hold back from the official release. You may think you are only supporting the stuff that is worth it but all a publisher sees is that people are willing to keep paying for stuff that used to be free.

Having said that I've taken this off topic since it's supposed to be about the Wiiware games.. sorry about that.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
ggnoobIGN said:
Bomberman WiiWare is simply going to be awesome.

Was it confirmed if the really nice looking Bomberman shown a few weeks ago was the WiiWare one or not?

Are there 2 Wii Bomberman games coming out?

swerve

jonezer4 said:
Man I kept losing in Dr. Mario and couldn't understand why. Apparently you have to use "pay to play" to get blue pills. What a ripoff. :mad:

I kept losing online, and I couldn't understand why, until I realised that I suck. But the game is buckets full of awesome. Easily my favourite of the WW games so far.

I ranked in at near 800 on my new obsession, Star Soldier R 5 minute mode. Room for improvement there, as I doubt there are many more than 800 users right now. But at least I got on the board.

Haven't spent enough time with Little King yet, but I really like the atmosphere. Looking forward to spending some time with it tomorrow.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Interesting. Nintendo is not internally producing a single game for WiiWare yet.

Pokemon Ranch: Ambrella
Dr. Mario: Arika
Magnetica/Zuma: Mitchell

What the hell is Nintendo working on?

Anasui Kishibe said:
ZUMA WII?? Wiiware fucking redeemed

It's Magnetica, actually. Mitchell came up with Magentica. Popcap stole the idea, and made Zuma. But yeah, basically Zuma Wii.

ggnoobIGN said:
Bomberman WiiWare is simply going to be awesome.

Why do you say that? We don't know a single damn thing about it. Everything good we heard about it and all the screenshots is actually about Bomberman Wii. We don't know anything about Bomberman WiiWare.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Stumpokapow said:
Interesting. Nintendo is not internally producing a single game for WiiWare yet.

Pokemon Ranch: Ambrella
Dr. Mario: Arika
Magnetica: Mitchell

What the hell is Nintendo working on?
Metroid Dread.

Believe.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Crushed said:
Metroid Dread. Believe.

Jeez, we might have to believe at this point.

Nintendo developers who are currently working on a known project: IntSys, MonolithSoft, HAL, Nexon, Paon, Grasshopper, Namco, SPD4, TOSE (8)

Nintendo developers who are not currently working on a known project for Nintendo or whose most recent project is not released but finished and sent to manufacturing: Hudson, Brownie Brown, Artoon, Treasure, Q-Games, Retro, AlphaDream, Game Freak, Genius Sorority, Noise, iNiS, Mitchell, NST, Camelot, Fuse Games, N-Space, Vanpool, MediaKite, Agenda, Arika, VITEI, RED, SPD1, SPD2, SPD3, EAD1, EAD2, EAD3, EAD4, EAD5, EAD Tokyo. (26)

Nintendo games that we don't have developers for: Wii Chess, Crosswords DS, Wii Music. (3)

Holy fuck is that a lot of people being paid for doing nothing (or at least nothing we know about publicly)

mrpogi23

marvelharvey said:
I think I might pick this up. I hope you all enjoy the Ferrais you'll be buying from your royalty cheques.

lol i doubt that. we're already got overshadowed by Final fantasy and Mario... but hopefully it would sell enough for us to survive or atleast open up more opportunity to make a game with better budget and quality. If you guys think our game is fun, thats more than enough for us to be happy. I dont mind being critized on my art because its part of me learning and getting better :)

Model 500

splattergnome said:

World of Goo is a day 1 for me, probably the first Wii Ware game for me. Interesting to see how Lost Winds turns out.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Stumpokapow said:
Jeez, we might have to believe at this point.

Nintendo developers who are currently working on a known project: IntSys, MonolithSoft, HAL, Nexon, Paon, Grasshopper, Namco, SPD4, TOSE (8)

Nintendo developers who are not currently working on a known project for Nintendo or whose most recent project is not released but finished and sent to manufacturing: Hudson, Brownie Brown, Artoon, Treasure, Q-Games, Retro, AlphaDream, Game Freak, Genius Sorority, Noise, iNiS, Mitchell, NST, Camelot, Fuse Games, N-Space, Vanpool, MediaKite, Agenda, Arika, VITEI, RED, SPD1, SPD2, SPD3, EAD1, EAD2, EAD3, EAD4, EAD5, EAD Tokyo. (26)

Nintendo games that we don't have developers for: Wii Chess, Crosswords DS, Wii Music. (3)

Holy fuck is that a lot of people being paid for doing nothing (or at least nothing we know about publicly)
Maybe Wii Music is going to be an incredibly deep and complex 400-hour epic.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Why do you say that? We don't know a single damn thing about it. Everything good we heard about it and all the screenshots is actually about Bomberman Wii. We don't know anything about Bomberman WiiWare.
Hudson doesn't mess up TRUE Bomberman games very often. I have faith they will deliver. And we do of course know it will be online. I've waited awhile to play an online Bomberman game(I know there are other options...) so I am pretty pumped.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ggnoobIGN said:
Hudson doesn't mess up TRUE Bomberman games very often. I have faith they will deliver. And we do of course know it will be online. I've waited awhile to play an online Bomberman game(I know there are other options...) so I am pretty pumped.

Gotcha. I just wanted to make sure you hadn't been caught up in that initial confusion where people thought the Wii game was the WiiWare game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That IGN impression is pretty good. My Life as a King and LostWinds are easily the games I'm most interested from the service.

Top Bottom