• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WikiLeaks release excluded evidence of €2 billion transfer from Syria to Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

does anyone really see wikileaks as anything more than the cyber terrorist arm of the Russian government?
A lot of people have not kept up on the past few months of developments.
It continues to baffle me how in my eyes Wikileaks went from a good cause to a propaganda machine almost overnight.

Actually, the whole broader situation is just so bizarre. The alt right, Russia, wikileaks, Trump, ... There seems to be an unholy and unexpected coalition forming that's actively trying to manipulate the western political system. It's like a Bond film scenario. In any case, all of the aforementioned can go fuck themselves.
They were always a propaganda outlet, we just didn't know it.

Felix Lighter said:
hreatening reporters that would investigate the case. I guess at this point they just said fuck it, this is what we are.

Huh? You mean the campaign is threatening reporters or is wikileaks threatening reporters who pursue this perceived cover up? Either way this just sounds all kinds of bad.

Cipherr

Fuck does this have to do with Hillary
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Every response to it they keep trying to drag her into the shit. Fucking transparent as hell.

Pedrito

Is it related to "cultural marxism"?

I think it's their term for Russophobia mixed with a pinch of propaganda and conspiracy theories. Anyway, it's the third time I've seen them use it in the last few weeks. They're really desperate for it to catch on.

Redacting sensitive information of civilians? ain't nobody got time for that!

Preventing Russia from looking bad? We're on it!

These are our heroes of transparency, folks.

So the organisation that says it is for transparency is threatening other journalists now who write about them in order to bring more transparency about the organisation. They don't see the irony in this I guess.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
“Go right ahead,” they said, “but you can be sure we will return the favour one day.”

Wtf. If the candidate you hate so much can take the bad press, surely, you the protectors and investigators of freedom around the world can fucking take it, right Assange?

They're not even trying to hide it. Jesus.

Of course. It just bothers me that, when people in English languages discuss this subject, everything quickly devolves into "We're powerful let's just break in and get him!" territory.

What is bothering people is that you're overgeneralizing. This is not limited toward English speaking people. People in my country say "we should stop Maduro [Venezuela's president] with a military attack" or "they should kill him" considering they're on the process of legally taking him down. The same with your country, Brazil. I'm sure there were very loud people advocating for a coup d'etat against Dilma and others against the current president. That doesn't represent what your country as a whole thinks, does it?

pigeon

Banned
Of course. It just bothers me that, when people in English languages discuss this subject, everything quickly devolves into "We're powerful let's just break in and get him!" territory.

You don't fuck with embassies. You just don't.

Obviously not, but I would probably be putting serious diplomatic pressure on Ecuador to stop harboring a rapist who also happens to be a spy trying to subvert America's government.

Toxi

Banned
So the organisation that says it is for transparency is threatening other journalists now who write about them in order to bring more transparency about the organisation. They don't see the irony in this I guess.
It's more that they don't give a shit, any supporters they have left will just claim
Do i believe that the US is actively working desinformation against wikileaks? Yes, of course they do.

Condom

Obviously not, but I would probably be putting serious diplomatic pressure on Ecuador to stop harboring a rapist who also happens to be a spy trying to subvert America's government.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

And going to a South American country with 'hey you know what we always do with you guys? Fucking up your politics and stuff? Yeah Russia is trying that with us now and we very upset, plz help'
-Will definitely end well, good luck.

Edit: that wikileaks PR guy is a nutcase that keeps on giving

pigeon

Banned
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I am not an officer of the court and can say what I like, but sure, I'm advocating trial, not getting shot out of hand. Obstruction of justice is itself a crime, however, and I think it's pretty clear he did that.

And going to a South American country with 'hey you know what we always do with you guys? Fucking up your politics and stuff? Yeah Russia is trying that with us now and we very upset, plz help'
-Will definitely end well, good luck.

I mean, okay. This is an argument for everybody else being right, isn't it? If Ecuador won't cooperate with America in securing enemy spies, then we really should just send in a SEAL team and go get him. I'm just trying to be nice and respect people's sovereignty here!

riotous

Banned
Aren't they kind of playing with fire threatening journalists and shit?

Seems like eventually Ecuador might get swayed to get rid of Assange.

Huh? You mean the campaign is threatening reporters or is wikileaks threatening reporters who pursue this perceived cover up? Either way this just sounds all kinds of bad.

It's in the OP. Wikileak's threated the reporters, if they pursue the story, they will return the favor one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom