• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiLD Gameplay Demo (PGW 2015)

imagine if the final stages of the summons are the gods themselves!!
also gamewise, itll be be better if they acted as a tool.
like flying god for fast travel, snake god as mass healing limit break sorta thing...etc

Kinsei

Banned
imagine if the final stages of the summons are the gods themselves!!
also gamewise, itll be be better if they acted as a tool.
like flying god for fast travel, snake god as mass healing limit break sorta thing...etc

I'd rather have giant animals than the Divinities. Imagine playing as a snake big enough to be from a Syfy original movie.

I'd rather have giant animals than the Divinities. Imagine playing as a snake big enough to be from a Syfy original movie.

better yet imagine having a monster fusion system yet again inspired from a,Syfy original movie.

ya know
playing as a bearigator,or a hippostrich.
or a 5 headed shark.

somehow controlling the evolution of monsters...

The demo was wonderful and made me even more excited for WiLD.

I found the little part when the rabbit was swimming so cute!

iIisuGF.gif

tci

The world looks a lot more barren than the first video (wasn't gameplay). Nevertheless it looks like a great concept. Still a bit on edge about the longevity of the game tho. On my radar for sure.

Shredderi

This game looks really interesting. I already like it, but I'm interested in seeing if the game has enough systems and actual non randomized goals etc. I'm not big on procedural elements so I'm hoping this won't be one of those "there is no end" games.

dr_rus

I think these creatures may represent different aspects of nature

X-20140813121252094.jpg

These are creature deities as Ancel explained in the extended cut of the presentation. You basically use a creature to call on it's deity which gives you a "quest" by completing which you're granted a new "shaman power".

Mathieran

Banned
This game looks great. It's looking like it's gonna be a while til it comes out. They don't even have a year projected yet, do they?

Boy. That did not look appealing to me. I don't want go on "quests", especially to collect snakes.

I was kind of hoping this would be a maybe less weird spiritual successor to the old Artdink PS1 game Tail of the Sun; i.e. that game's tagline was "wild, pure, simple"- but I definitely blame my own baseless expectations and not Ancel.

Put me up with those getting tired of this prevalent 'open-world/quest' design to video games, but I'm still really looking forward to this- mainly due to who's making it.
Unless something catastrophic happens it will likely be a Day 1 for me.

Moongazer

Wait, I thought this was an online multiplayer game? It isn't anymore and instead singleplayer?

Single-player with an online element but can also be played offline. Some sort of Dark Souls multiplayer mode is what is described in this article:
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/10/28/15-interesting-things-i-learned-about-wild

-"Wild will have Dark Souls-like multiplayer. Other players can arrive in your game at any time. "Controlling animals is very interesting when you play online - you could have another player attacking you with rabbits, or other crazy situations," says Ancel. "You know in games like Bloodborne? The multiplayer system there is very interesting and exciting. People can help you, or they can hurt you. And other players will try to mimic the AI, to appear undetected. In this game, any animal could be dangerous, because it could be another player in there. Someone could approach you as a frog, then jump into a more dangerous animal."
-There will be the option to play offline and close your game off, though, if you'd rather keep all of Wild to yourself. You can also jump into friends' games, or have them join you in yours."

Guymelef

Single-player with an online element but can also be played offline. Some sort of Dark Souls multiplayer mode is what is described in this article:
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/10/28/15-interesting-things-i-learned-about-wild

-"Wild will have Dark Souls-like multiplayer. Other players can arrive in your game at any time. "Controlling animals is very interesting when you play online - you could have another player attacking you with rabbits, or other crazy situations," says Ancel. "You know in games like Bloodborne? The multiplayer system there is very interesting and exciting. People can help you, or they can hurt you. And other players will try to mimic the AI, to appear undetected. In this game, any animal could be dangerous, because it could be another player in there. Someone could approach you as a frog, then jump into a more dangerous animal."
-There will be the option to play offline and close your game off, though, if you'd rather keep all of Wild to yourself. You can also jump into friends' games, or have them join you in yours."
Finally some light.
You should open a new thread with this info.

SLOSifl

The demo was wonderful and made me even more excited for WiLD.

I found the little part when the rabbit was swimming so cute!

iIisuGF.gif
This was the point in the Paris demo that caught my attention the most. The animation from running, to swimming, to getting out and resuming running was incredibly well done, which made me excited about the attention-to-detail implications elsewhere. The various behaviors in the crowd after that scene were nice too.

This was the point in the Paris demo that caught my attention the most. The animation from running, to swimming, to getting out and resuming running was incredibly well done, which made me excited about the attention-to-detail implications elsewhere. The various behaviors in the crowd after that scene were nice too.

It's made by Rayman creator Michel Ancel. You can expect special touches like that all over. Man is a videogame legend.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
this game will be zen

If the game doesn't let me take control of increasing in size fish and make the slightly larger one eat the smaller one until it ends with like a whale eating the really large fish, then no sale.

Walpurgis

Banned
I hope this game maintains some form of sense of reality, so no monsters or anything.
There was a talking skeleton at gamescom ladt year. I don't want 4 headed ostriches though.
Incredibly impressive animation & attention to detail there.
I know, right? The animations on the animals are breathtaking.
Game apparently has a character creator. I imagine you can pick your skin color
Excellent. I was worried that they got rid of that.
No way. There was in-game footage at the beginning of this year. I reckon release is Q3 2016.
I reckon you're setting yourself up for a broken heart. :p
(not an insider)

Sounds like some great gameplay ideas for a Glorantha/Heroquest-type of chamanic adventuring universe. I hope the myths and the different divinities will have some deep lore to dive into and have fun with.

Damn, and I want a bear tank right now.

Top Bottom