• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiLD Gameplay Demo (PGW 2015)

Survival – In a beautiful but brutal world, survival is not guaranteed. Players will need to master the environment to survive.

We saw it in the debut trailer but hunting and eating wild animals looks like it will be a staple of your daily activities in the game world.

So you've got to sustain yourself whilst avoiding other dangerous humans.

i wonder what the online elements will be

it's gonna be so rad if you can just interact with people seamlessly even if it is a limited amount of people like say, 3-6 people

You can ride a bear.

Fuck.

Money goodbye.
Darknessbear

image.php

The game looks good and I love the idea of the game, but that cannibal AI was terrible. Even after the Shaman had rode into their camp on the back of a fucking Bear and started slaughtering their tribe, the AI was still focused on the flock of birds. The combat needs to be improved drastically or the game won't live up to it's potential.

NeoROCK

i liked this game the moment i saw it.

The graphics and animations look significantly better than the first time they showed this game.

NoPiece

Also, open world, "emergent play" and use wildlife just to make diversions on guys, sorry but if I want to play Far Cry I'll play the version made by 500 more people.
Now I know, Far Cry requires you to throw bait to draw a bear to enemies, you cannot actually ride it, and you cannot actually impersonate the animals. But the use-cases shown here were incredibly mundane and seen before.

When you throw bait in Far Cry, it spawns a bear, so they are really faking their systems. If Wild actually is committing to really simulating the wildlife, it may appear superficially similar at times, but there is much more potential to engage with it.

I'm more interested in a game done by a small team passionate about their project over a game that outsources 400 sweatshop jobs overseas so they can make their yearly release.

edit: FWIW, I really liked Far Cry 4. so not attacking that game. But I think Wild should be judged on its own.

When you throw bait in Far Cry, it spawns a bear, so they are really faking their systems. If Wild actually is committing to really simulating the wildlife, it may appear superficially similar at times, but there is much more potential to engage with it.

I'm more interested in a game done by a small team passionate about their project over a game that outsources 400 sweatshop jobs overseas so they can make their yearly release.

edit: FWIW, I really liked Far Cry 4. so not attacking that game. But I think Wild should be judged on its own.

Tbf in the PGW trailer, the player had the "Spawn Bear" ability. As well as his "Spawn Eagle" ability. So the system in that respect is sort of similar.

Saladinoo

Honestly not convinced that this is actually going to be fun to play - looks like it'll be a huge open world of nothing to do - hope I'm wrong though!

Make another 3D Rayman.

We saw it in the debut trailer but hunting and eating wild animals looks like it will be a staple of your daily activities in the game world.

So you've got to sustain yourself whilst avoiding other dangerous humans.

Hmm, I bet there are numerous things that have changed since then. Being a shaman with a stick and not a hunter or a warrior, it wouldn't suprise me if the hunting for food part has been scrapped from the game. I seriously hope not, but who knows. Things changes.

So what do you actually do in this?

The goal of the demo was to bring the snake to the lady to unlock it as a controllable animal yeah? So the game is about going around and finding animals to bring to the goddess ladies?

I'm really not sure what this game is @___@

De_Legend

Banned

The goal of the demo was to bring the snake to the lady to unlock it as a controllable animal yeah? So the game is about going around and finding animals to bring to the goddess ladies?

No?

It was to save the girl from the beginning.

what do you mean what do you ACTUALLY do?

Did you not see him actually doing things in the trailer? Did you not see when he used the shaman to summon the Eagle and used that Eagle to gather the snake that was needed for the ritual to summon the Snake Deity(?) ?. Was the riding the bear across the countryside gameplay section not him doing something?

He was saving a persons life at the beckoning of the persons family member ( husband I presume ).

jiggle

love love love the nature interactions
And that goddess at the end
Hot damn
Was sold on the game already
So this just made the wait harder

On the one hand this looks paper thin at the moment. On the other hand I can play an eagle and a rabbit, and ride a bear. I'll keep an eye out on this one.

what do you mean what do you ACTUALLY do?

Did you not see him actually doing things in the trailer? Did you not see when he used the shaman to summon the Eagle and used that Eagle to gather the snake that was needed for the ritual to summon the Snake Deity(?) ?. Was the riding the bear across the countryside gameplay section not him doing something?

He was saving a persons life at the beckoning of the persons family member ( husband I presume ).

Yeah but is this stuff main objectives in an overall story or is it more of a sandbox style game where you just do whatever is what I mean.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Yea, different aspects of mother nature therefore they must be female; giant sexy female forms that is. Stupid sexy mother nature.

WiLD looks pretty (I dig the art direction and use of color) and rather interesting, but nothing in that demo really sold me on the game. I want to see and learn more. I did like the eagle part and the snake lady at the end, and it's intriguing that the protagonist is a shaman instead of some played-out warrior, knight, gunman or mage.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I have to give it to Ancel— he continues to create very intriguing games that have almost no ingredients of a commercial success.

Yeah but is this stuff main objectives in an overall story or is it more of a sandbox style game where you just do whatever is what I mean.
Unless I'm mistaken, the objective was to heal the sick person by summoning the snake divinity.

id guess part of an overall story

or just showing how many layers there are to the simple goal of " cure this illness ". Instead of just going out and grabbing an antidote and coming back there is far more depth to the process then in your typical game.

Bishop89

mounting a bear, what more do i need in life?

This looks really good. Is this a single player experience?

I'm loving all these prehistoric/tribal games.

woen

It's good to see that even here the discussion is not focused on the technical aspects, assets or general looking of the game but on the design possibilities it'll had.

Guymelef

The first one, but the first trailer showed bigger versions of birds and wolfs that you can mount.

Edit: I hope every animal in this game has a 'Divinity' / 'Goddess'

For how this sounds, maybe you can't control some specific animal until you find its Divinity.

Incarnations – Play as a variety of wild animals. Players can become one with nature by earning the favor of god-like divinities and learn to possess animals in WiLD. From getting the birds-eye perspective of a hawk to leading a pack of wolves, players will have unique gameplay opportunities in animal form.

so1337

This game is everything I ever wanted. Then again, I never knew I wanted to ride a bear and fuck shit up. But I do.

UrbanRats

Always bet on ancel

Dude is fantastic

Yup.
One of the best around.

-
Anyway he mentioned the game being early in development, and that they are a small team, i wonder if it's a holiday 2017 game.

I hope i won't have to wait too much for it.
I'd probably even get it early access, something i usually don't do.

Top Bottom