• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiLD Gameplay Demo (PGW 2015)

Handy Fake

The game looks awesome, but what is with the giant fish? Or is it a tiny bear?

Coelacanth?

Le-coelacante.jpg

You know what, I really hope it is an MMO now, just to spite all the people who haven't actually been paying any attention in the first place.

Guys. It was never announced as an MMO. The announcement originally merely said it had multiplayer. People just assumed that it was going to end up being a DayZ like survival game at the time because we had pretty much zero information for the game.

Here's the original blog post announcement:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ld-ps4-exclusive-rayman-creator-michel-ancel/

It never was an MMO or online game for that matter. The only trailer they showed earlier had no hints of it being an MMO. I don't know where you got the idea.

Umm... Yes it was.

I'm pretty sure this was the original description of the announcement trailer on PS's Youtube channel: (checked it a couple of months ago myself to makes sure if it's MMO or not)
WiLD is an online survival adventure game. Devoted to the wilderness. Set 10,000 years ago when nature and humanity were one.

But apparently now they've removed that online part and changed it to this:
WiLD™ is a survival adventure game devoted to the wilderness. Set 10,000 years ago when nature and humanity were one.

Experiment with your surroundings in your quest for survival – a simple plant could just as easily save your life… or bring about a swift death.

Torment

Banned
Incredible looking environment, very bland looking gameplay, possibly the worst AI ever on those cannibals in the camp.

I know it's early, but just going off of what I see, that snake god though, wow.

Umm... Yes it was.

I'm pretty sure this was the original description of the announcement trailer on PS's Youtube channel: (checked it a couple of months ago myself to makes sure if it's MMO or not)

Read the original blog post, pretty sure it was Ancel who wrote it. He mentions online as an option.

"All these features combined, open so many new gameplay situations, especially when playing online."

The implication being that there's a option. Either way, online doesn't automatically make something an MMO anyway.

Also, guys, please remember that a lot of DayZ clones also have single player modes, so don't go expecting that this is going to be a narrative driven game. From how it was originally presented, it seems like there's going to be a lot of emergent story telling going on.

KooopaKid

Banned
Looks of course a bit early. The idea of possessing "souls" isn't exactly new but I'm looking forward to see more. Reminds me of King Kong the video-game a bit made by the same team.

Looks really good, but it's honestly hard for me to be excited for yet another open world, sandbox game.

Will keep it on my radar, but depending on how it turns out, I might pick it up when it hits bomba bargain price.

naitosan

I'm not sure what's so special about it. It looks nice but kinda bland looking to me. I know it's still early, maybe few more trailers might make me interested.

Dat snake goddess though...

Might be my favorite of the show next to GR2. Love me some animal wranglin/controllin. Was entirely too giddy when I learned I could control animals in gta v pc trainer. This will scratch that itch well. Now where's my tokyo jungle 2?

There's always one major game I hype as hell every year, and since it's announcement Wild has been that game. Really sucks that it's probably a long way out to it's released date though.

I can see the multiplayer being a sort of DayZ type of thing, where you have the possibility to join hands or not with others, and the goal is just to live in this world where you need to survive cannibals, wild animals, the hostile players and maybe even the weather. What would make it even better is if there is a need to eat and drink to truely make it a survival game. That is, if the multiplayer has not been scrapped.

I'm guessing every player will be a Shaman considering that not being one will see a lot of disadvantage and lack of possibilities.

UrbanRats

Yeah this is solidly at the top of my most anticipated games now, above Horizon, Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, and whatever else is coming out.

I'm not sure what's so special about it. It looks nice but kinda bland looking to me. I know it's still early, maybe few more trailers might make me interested.

Dat snake goddess though...

The concept of solving problems by taking over animals, all of which play differently and lead to emergent gameplay, is very exciting to me.

Endo Punk

It looks like they dropped the humor from the original trailer which is a shame. That being said it was my favorite game shown. Playing as animals and a lush open world, whats not to like. Also dat Snake chick.

dreamfall

This really blew my mind, The transitions to switch from animals, mounts, player- the world looked so peaceful and so alive. I'm very excited to see more of it!

It looks like they dropped the humor from the original trailer which is a shame. That being said it was my favorite game shown. Playing as animals and a lush open world, whats not to like. Also dat Snake chick.

humor?

was something hilarious about a woman spearing a fish? or carrying what looked like a corpse through thigh high water? or creating a spear weapon from tree bark? or the woman coming out of the tree?

you sure you are thinking of this games original trailer?

I want to see more ... Infinitely more.

Do we know if Wild Sheep Studio has any plans in talking/showing more about it in the coming days? It'd be good to know if they are still planning to have online components to the game. Having hostile and friendly players in the game would be killer. Having to watch and pay attention to animal behaviour to see if it ain't player-controlled, having the choice between a muscle head cavemen that has a pet constantly at his side, versus a stealthier lone wolf or Shamans would be awesome.

Dying to know more about the game after learning more about it not even a hour ago ... That's when you know a studio is doing a great job.

Everything about this looked fantastic. Graphics, art style, gameplay, character designs, world/environment. I loved it!

Animations too! They were some of the best animations I've ever seen in a video game, be it from the animals or the Shaman when he starts running.

Walpurgis

Banned
Umm... Yes it was.

I hope they didn't axe the multiplayer. That would be awful.

Mikey Jr.

God damn you people.

God damn you. I love these "experimental" games. God, I am so fucking in.

Almost every game I am fucking in at PGW.

Xenus

humor?

was something hilarious about a woman spearing a fish? or carrying what looked like a corpse through thigh high water? or creating a spear weapon from tree bark? or the woman coming out of the tree?

you sure you are thinking of this games original trailer?

I assume he means skeleton dude. They better not have removed the ability to play as skeleton dude...

Can you become any animal? If so, this is ridiculously close to being a dream game of mine.

I imagine it's just a select few with others being mounts?

Love it either way.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Looks like it is coming along great.

The only thing I kind of want, is to see this game have an art style similar to Mark of Kri rather than this closer-to-norm look.

But as it stands, it still looks fantastic.

Game looks solid for how early Ancel made it sound. Looks like they have the engine running well and got plenty of time to clean up the IQ and this and that.

Amazing work by Wild Sheep so far.

Part of me was hoping this game would be a tad more on the cartoon side of things. As the graphics are now, they lack identity in my opinion. Everything else about the game sounds fantastic though :p

Top Bottom