• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiLD Gameplay Demo (PGW 2015)

I am psyched as hell for this. Not since Okami have I got a game that adequately addressed my interest in animistic anthropomorphism.

Kyuur

Hot DAMN I want this game. Reminds me of Tail of the Sun.

I do enjoy that the enemies leave after that bear announced he was going to tear their asshole open. One thing I hate in games is how a dude lingers around after you beat his friends' asses.

Nah bruh, I have a fucking bear. It's in your best interest to leave.

Haha, yes!

Game looks good! Wonder what the end goal is.

If the divinities aren't all giant naked ladies it'd be better.

But there's nothing wrong with the snake divinity being a giant snake lady people.

Plenty of works of fiction have had snakes associated with sensual dangerous women, the most obvious being Medusa.

If say the bison god is a giant bearded man with sweet pecs that'd be cool.

Walpurgis

Banned
This game looks like a dream come true. Too bad it probably won't be releasing until 2019 and the next time we'll hear about it is probably next PGW.

Dragun619

You know what, This shit looks pretty awesome. lol

Wasn't interested in it before but man, watching the actual gameplay, Shiiit, caw caw, caw caw, motha fucka.

For some reason I thought this was a MP game. Is it single player? That would actually make me interested, as the demo they showed looked great.

Gnilres

Between this, Horizon, Far Cry and ARK I feel like pre-historic is becoming pretty popular.

Game looks pretty as hell

Ploid 3.0

Like I said in the conference thread. I'm hoping this game scratch my FFXI Beast Master itch. I'd rather command the animals than take them over but that's ok too, especially if I can fight along side the animals (which may be the case as the birds still fought with the character after releasing control).

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
WiLD and Horizon seem a bit too similar for SCE first-party publishings. Maybe they will differentiate by the end product.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So yeah, like I said in the other thread this evokes a lot of what I'd imagine a spiritual successor to Space Station: Silicon Valley to be, if it took on a naturalist theme.

Really excited. Obviously pretty early, but I dig the aesthetic, the emergent control-the-animals game systems, and the potential for some really creative scenarios. Hoping for some even bigger ideas like weather, and animal ecosystems, so we border on a Populous x Silicon Valley hybrid.

Easily my favourite thing shown.

Feichaw

It was certainly interesting, but I need to see more of it before making any conclusions about it. It really looks promising though.

EpicBox

I like the gameplay idea but what's the story? Who is your character? What is the key conflict driving the plot?

The best gameplay in the world will bore me if there's no story.

Stiler

Have they changed this game a lot or something?

I was so amazed when I first saw the reveal trailer, being able to play as any animal/creature or what not, it seemed like it was focusing heavily on mulitplayer and interacting with other real people while choosing what YOU wanted to play as , from wolves,t o bears, to fish, or any other kind of strange creature.

Now from this trailer it seems like most of that is scraped, now you are forced to play as a human instead, who can at times channel animals or such, and the multiplayer aspect seemed all but lost in this new trailer.

I mean don't get me wrong, it still looks like a very fun game, but it seems like they really scaled back on the "Freedom" and point of you playing how YOU wanted to, as whatever you wanted to, and have forced you into this narrative storyline instead.

Damn. In class now, can't wait to get home so I can watch this trailer with some audio. I'll buy anything made by Michel Ancel until the end of time.

UrbanRats

This is like, that dream game i've fantasized about since i was a kid playing on SNES, imagining what gaming could be like...

megalowho

Some cool ideas in this game, definitely one to keep an eye on. Curious about the scale - how big is the world, how many animals, how deep is the mythology, how many gameplay styles are there. Promising showing though, glad it's grown from awesome trailer to awesome demo.

Etria

Can't believe I haven't seen this before.
Bear riding should be on every piece of promotional material they put out. Sold on that alone.

Top Bottom