• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wild Guns: Reloaded (PS4) - E3 Trailer

Slermy

Those were also a dream! :) The Castlevania probably has more original spritework than SOTN, lol. I remember trying to figure out exactly which games they were ports of, because they felt a bit too authentic to honestly be "new" games.

And they even had unlockable secrets and stuff, too.

The ReBirth series really doesn't get enough love.

Thanks for reminding me about the ReBirth games. I should download those before the Wii Shop goes away.

Dizzy-4U

It has everything I wanted from a remaster. They didn't turn it into a cheap ass 3D Unity game but instead they improved over the original assets and added more content. I adore the original game so it's the best possible outcome for me.

It could be neat if they added a randomize option where the enemy waves spawn randomly to keep it fresh.

I remember playing a game just like this in the arcade....But for the life of me can't remember the name. Anyone know what i'm thinking of? I vaguely remember a level with a train as one of the bosses.

Wait, SNES graphics? Well, I didn't port beg when they announced it, but they could port this to a lot of stuff.... Hope they do.

I wanna play it with a wiimote...

There was no arcade version. Maybe you played a custom arcade with the snes game on it. Or maybe a similar game like Cabal or G.I Joe.

Hmmm, I remember it being a western themed game also. Maybe my memory is failing me... I could swear I played a game just like it taking a ferry as a kid.

Chev

is Identical to the super nes version.

Open your eyes

fJtcDEl.jpg

BossReloaded.png

Blues1990

The remake looks incredible, but I'm more curious to see what the two new characters look like (and hoping that they don't look completely out of place). Also, this is a PS4 exclusive, right?

CamHostage

As psyched as I am for Wild Guns Reloaded, I'd give anything for a Tad Corporation revival. Their games Cabal and Blood Brothers were as good as shooters get in my book, and they do something that I wish Wild Guns did: they have cover barriers (which can be eroded as well, how advanced is that?!) They had intense gameplay, there was some technique in body placement and dodge useage, there was a kind of combo system in Blood Brothers with the can juggling (is that not something that Wild Guns did too, I thought I remembered something like hit juggling?), and the trackball play would be perfect for say a touchscreen (I'd accept a mobile revival, sure.)

If anybody's interested in the history of down-range shoot-em-ups, there's also the amazing-looking GI Joe game from Konami, which actually has forward-scrolling motion.

https://youtu.be/dumAqWgTIbs?t=128

If Natsume continues Wild Guns after Revival, I hope they look at these two games for inspiration of how to make a sequel even more exciting.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Im getting this if it ever comes to PC or a Nintendo-plattform. Looks almost as awesome as the original.

Soulstar

I played so much Cabal on the NES back in the day but I didn't know that they made a western themed sequel on the SNES. Looking at this game I would have been all over it if I knew about it back then. I guess I'll just have to make up for lost time when this game comes out.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I played so much Cabal on the NES back in the day but I didn't know that they made a western themed sequel on the SNES. Looking at this game I would have been all over it if I knew about it back then. I guess I'll just have to make up for lost time when this game comes out.

The official sequel to Cabal is called Blood Bros and it's arcade-only. Wild Guns isn't an official sequel to either game, nor is it made by the same people, but it's very heavily inspired by those games.

Raitaro

It has everything I wanted from a remaster. They didn't turn it into a cheap ass 3D Unity game but instead they improved over the original assets and added more content. I adore the original game so it's the best possible outcome for me.

Fully agree! I really, REALLY hope that more publishers take note of this and do some remasters of their own games from that era in this style. The idea of widescreen and updated versions of games like Secret of Mana, Super Castlevania IV, TMNT IV (IP rights be damned), SFII or Mega Man X is just mindboggling and after this fantastic looking Wild Guns remaster there never will be the excuse that recreating or touching up original sprite art is not doable or viable imo (especially not from far bigger publishers like Squenix, Konami or Capcom!).

Great stuff Natsume!

Edit: Or how about that long wished for Windjammers remaster? I can't remember who owns the rights to this again but someone should get on that asap using this approach!

Eila

Fully agree! I really, REALLY hope that more publishers take note of this and do some remasters of their own games from that era in this style. The idea of widescreen and updated versions of games like Secret of Mana, Super Castlevania IV, TMNT IV (IP rights be damned), SFII or Mega Man X is just mindboggling and after this fantastic looking Wild Guns remaster there never will be the excuse that recreating or touching up original sprite art is not doable or viable imo (especially not from far bigger publishers like Squenix, Konami or Capcom!).

Great stuff Natsume!

Edit: Or how about that long wished for Windjammers remaster? I can't remember who owns the rights to this again but someone should get on that asap using this approach!

Secret of Mana on iOS is widescreen I guess. Same with FFV and FFVI. However I think they all compare poorly to the originals :/ they messed with the sprites/backgrounds too much and not in a good way.

Raitaro

Secret of Mana on iOS is widescreen I guess. Same with FFV and FFVI. However I think they all compare poorly to the originals :/ they messed with the sprites/backgrounds too much and not in a good way.

Yeah, of course I prefer / meant them looking authentic in terms of sprite art as well. Cheers for the iOS reminder just the same though.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oh, I played this at the show today. It was awesome, and I think you should all buy it.

I was expecting some bullshit that looked like a flash game, or some 2.5D remake. No. This looks legit, and it plays perfectly. Wish it was getting a disc release, but I doubt it.

IrishNinja

Pretty sure Natsume sell their old sealed rare games themselves on ebay.

haha this'd make me so happy to find out...your game didn't sell in the day, so you somehow kept sealed copies, now going for tons of money! that'd be amazing, and i would absolutely support them driving the price up that way

oh my god, so happy to see this right here

Top Bottom